Notices
EvoM New Member / FAQs / EvoM Rules New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted with the evolutionm.net posse :) FAQs will also be answered in here.

New To Forum (2015 "Final Edition" Evo - Upstate, NY)

Search this Thread

Old Nov 25, 2015, 09:31 AM
Evolving Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
New To Forum (2015 "Final Edition" Evo - Upstate, NY)

Hey guys, I just bought a 2015 "Final Edition" Evo (#104/1600), found this forum, and wanted to say "Hello".

I will definitely be lurking around the various threads over the next few weeks, so I'm sure you'll all see more of me.
Old Nov 25, 2015, 09:34 AM
Evolved Member

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Nice! Post some pics of the interior plz.
Oh yeah, and welcome!
Old Nov 25, 2015, 09:50 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Ev0ikon
Nice! Post some pics of the interior plz.
Oh yeah, and welcome!
Thanks, and I definitely will. This was an incredibly unplanned purchase, so the past couple days have been a little crazy (I actually called into work on Monday to go buy it lol).

I haven't had a chance to take any pics yet, but I did upload a few from when I saw it on the showroom floor if you're interested in the body at all:

http://imgur.com/a/gsM6R

The interior looks pretty much the same as my previous 2011 GTS. As far as I know, they don't change the interiors very much. Sadly, due to "safety" regulations (air bags), we didn't get the Recaro racing seats in the US, so they're just pretty basic cloth, with the red "Final Edition" stitching.
Old Nov 25, 2015, 11:31 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Welcome! First Final Edition Evo member I've seen to date on the forums.
Old Nov 25, 2015, 07:04 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
That's nice! Congrats! Do you get the bow with it? Does the the Final Edition have a different roof on it?
Old Nov 25, 2015, 07:17 PM
Evolved Member

Received 53 Likes on 51 Posts
congrats and welcome. Without getting into specific numbers? Did the dealer you bought it from mark up the price on the car? I visited a dealer in MD last week and they had all FEs marked up by 4k! I wanted to tell them they were on crack.
Old Nov 25, 2015, 08:34 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Astro_Train
congrats and welcome. Without getting into specific numbers? Did the dealer you bought it from mark up the price on the car? I visited a dealer in MD last week and they had all FEs marked up by 4k! I wanted to tell them they were on crack.
Agree considering the #1 barely sold for a few thousand over msrp on eBay.
Old Nov 26, 2015, 02:19 AM
Account Disabled

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Welcome!

Here in NNJ regular msrp
Old Nov 26, 2015, 08:04 AM

Congrats bro bow the FE different from the others is it worth the price
Old Nov 27, 2015, 04:14 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by stocker77
That's nice! Congrats! Do you get the bow with it? Does the the Final Edition have a different roof on it?
I didn't even think to ask for the bow to be honest, although I'm sure they would have given it to me if I did lol. As far as the roof, all FE's have black aluminum roofs.

Originally Posted by Astro_Train
Nope, the dealer I went to refuses to do that with any of their cars, so I got it for the MSRP. I have heard that a lot of places are trying to mark them up quite a bit, which sucks.

Originally Posted by s4mzxc
Congrats bro bow the FE different from the others is it worth the price
The FE has a few differences from the regular version, and depending on where you get your FE, those have a few differences as well.

The FE really has no "option" packages, so you sort of get what you get. The most noticeable difference is probably that the FE is 303hp stock, as opposed to the 291hp non-FE. It's also got Bilstein shocks, Eibach springs, Brembo front brake rotors, dark-chrome-finished Enkei wheels, a black-painted roof, and some interior differences such as a black headliner, and red stitching on the seats, steering wheel, and shift knob. There's also a "Final Edition" badge right in front of the shifter that shows the number car you got (mine says US0104, as it's #104/1600).

Sadly, I bought mine in the US, so the radio was downgraded, and I got pretty standard cloth seats as opposed to the Recaro racing seats (because of safety restrictions due to the airbags). I just recently found out that Canada gets the Recaro seats, and they also get the Rockford Fosgate audio package (minus the navigation system), so I'm a little bummed, but I'm not losing sleep over it lol.

Although there are almost less options on this car than the 2011 Lancer GTS that I traded in for it, I personally think it's worth the price. The interior is very basic, but it's very fast, and with the limited edition numbers, it's really a collector's item in my opinion.

If you want a 2015 EVO, and you want more "comfort/audio" options, I would suggest not getting the FE however.