Notices
EvoM New Member / FAQs / EvoM Rules New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted with the evolutionm.net posse :) FAQs will also be answered in here.

What did you do with your OEM parts?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 18, 2016, 07:06 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What did you do with your OEM parts?

So I was wondering what others have done with their OE parts after making the hop over to aftermarket. Right now my '14 MR has 16k miles on it, garage kept, never seen a winter, and I'm looking at having the OE SST cooler, SST transmission pan, radiator and rad hosing, UICP, FMIC, exhaust manifold, boost controller, fuel rail, downpipe, catback/muffler, Cobb v2 AP, and possibly the OE turbo if I decide to go with the FP 18K all packed up in my garage.

I honestly have no idea what to do. I know that a lot of folks with Evos have aftermarket parts and no interest in OEM equipment, but there's also plenty of people with OEM parts that might need to replace something that wore out/broke or maybe hit a deer or something of the sort and need a replacement instead of looking at a big insurance deductible (if yours is high for comprehensive). I just don't really have the space nor do I feel like sitting on a bunch of parts taking up space in my garage for 10 years hoping they'll appreciate in value with the discontinuation of the Evo. I know a lot of insurance companies have the right to refuse new parts after your car hits the 2 year old mark and instead give you refurbished crap. So I'm just wondering what others have done.

Is there a market for the OE stuff out there? Or is it basically just a throw it up on Ebay and see what happens type thing. Just be kinda nice to recoup even a small amount of money on what I spent on the new parts.

Thanks in advance for any info.
Old Dec 19, 2016, 07:34 AM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Kept mine in case i want to back to stock.
Old Dec 19, 2016, 08:05 AM
Evolved Member

Received 39 Likes on 36 Posts
SAVE your parts! Put them in storage, and forget about them! You never know, years later you might be...? I still have OEM Parts for my 1989 Mitsubishi Starion! I'll never get rid of them! Should I need them, I have them! Plus, as our cars get older, it will be harder, and harder to find them! (My 1989 Starion is going threw that right now!)
Old Dec 19, 2016, 10:02 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 1,543 Likes on 1,322 Posts
Sold the intercooler and piping for $100. Sold the OEM shocks and springs that only had 15k miles on them for $200. Sold stock injectors for $100. Kept the stock cams and valve springs and blown up stock turbo. Threw everything else away.
Old Dec 21, 2016, 11:10 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
They're boxed up for now... But think I should sell them!
Old Dec 21, 2016, 11:44 AM
kaj
EvoM Community Team Leader

Received 812 Likes on 677 Posts
Since they are worthless, they sit on a shelf in case I decide to sell the car.
Old Dec 21, 2016, 03:46 PM
Evolved Member

Received 68 Likes on 64 Posts
put them in my roof