Notices
EvoM New Member / FAQs / EvoM Rules New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted with the evolutionm.net posse :) FAQs will also be answered in here.

New Evo owner in Oklahoma

Search this Thread

Old Dec 21, 2016, 07:07 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Cool New Evo owner in Oklahoma

Hey EvolutionM,

So I finally took the plunge in getting a Evo. After my wife agreed to let me sell my car (2015 Genesis Coupe V6) to get something I can actually modify I instantly sold my genesis and started looking. So my requirements were that it had to have four doors and there was aftermarket modification support. So that led me an STI, CTS V , Evo, Pontiac G8 GXP. Being a subaru guy , I already knew STI'S were unreliable for the modifications I wanted to perform, Test drove a CTS-V literally **** car wrapped around a nice engine. So I decided on an EVO, I know plenty of people that have had one but I never personally owned one or gave them any thought really but once I drove one it put a smile on my face that I have been missing. So I looked at about 10 Evos, which were all ****ed. Had PTSD from looking at these cars, Its like the honda scene back in the early 2000's. They were all modified with no explanation or reason for the modifications "I got a 3 inch ETS intercooler ,keeps my boost pressure cool when im ripping it and doing gnar gnar highway pulls". Owners were all stupid, so I kept looking and found an All stock 2013 Wicked White GSR with 36k Miles in Houston TX. Flew down there 2 weeks ago , drove it back and have been loving it ever since. I couldnt have asked for a better car to buy for the mileage and the price.

I will be highly active on here, posting tutuorials and other things I feel that is missing currently in EVOM.

Thanks for reading!
The following users liked this post:
Rome97 (Dec 23, 2016)
Old Dec 21, 2016, 07:11 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 1,384 Likes on 1,317 Posts
Great story. Congrats on the EvO purchase & we are happy to have you join us

If you have any questions, let us know

Welcome!

Joe
Old Dec 21, 2016, 07:53 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by MinusPrevious
Great story. Congrats on the EvO purchase & we are happy to have you join us
Thanks Joe, I appreciate your kind words. Looked at your build and am super jealous lol. I really contemplated building a USDM Mirage into a EVO VI. I looked at everything needed to be done. Sourced parts, but couldnt pull the trigger. I dont regret it one bit but everyone knows the VI is the coolest looking
Old Dec 21, 2016, 08:36 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 1,384 Likes on 1,317 Posts
Originally Posted by DaddyLongStroke
Thanks Joe, I appreciate your kind words. Looked at your build and am super jealous lol.
Just to clarify, that "Best EvO Build" is certainly not mine. That is Clive from the UK. Probably one of the most ingenious EvO builders ever
Old Dec 23, 2016, 12:52 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
wow i wish i had done the samething looking for mines would have saved so much money