Notices
EvoM New Member / FAQs / EvoM Rules New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted with the evolutionm.net posse :) FAQs will also be answered in here.

Diamond Trac geo-lock

Search this Thread

Old Jan 7, 2017, 07:53 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Diamond Trac geo-lock

Hi
I have an evo IX and have the built in Mitsubishi Diamond Track geo-lock security gps tracking and control. It costs $30 per month to use the service and if you opt out the gps tracking continues, but you won't get assistance if your vehicle is stolen. I opted out.

Other than not liking big brother watching me and logging my activities, I want to disconnect the gps as it sucks my battery power continuously especially in low gps signal zones while the car is off. I found myself without enough cranking power during my week away in the wilderness this holidays and noted the gps light on the panel continuously seeking. It needs to go. This has killed two batteries in two years @ $300 a battery and I have better upgrades to spend $300 on.

Anyone have an idea on how to disconnect it? Pm me if this info needs to be a secret to save myself ripping out panels until I find this connector.

I won't hold my breath for an answer as clues tell me this may only be on Australian models. Mitsubishi Australia have no clue on how to disabled it and keep referring me to Ralliart who don't exists anymore.

Any help or suggestions will be appreciated.
Old Jan 8, 2017, 01:03 AM

For those interested, I traced the cables from the Diamond Trac panel and found a MTData Dats 3030 unit. I also found the antennas for the GPS and Mobile signals. A bunch of cables are connected to two Bosch relays. With the relays disconnected there's no ignition lights. Connect relays and ignition lights will power on. The engine will swing, but fuel cut. Reconnecting cables to the MTData unit and engine can start. So the MTData unit closes the circuit.

I'm uncertain if this cuts connectivity to the fuel pump directly or wired to the ECU. I don't know how this sort of thing usually work or if there's a standard practice.

I need to think about bypassing the fuel cut or better yet find the obvious looking join where the installer manipulated the factory loom.

MTData is an Australian provider of GPS tracking products. So Diamond Trac is a client of MTData. Anyway I'm a bit more the wiser and will successfully bypass this eventually.
Old Jan 8, 2017, 01:53 AM
kaj
EvoM Community Team Leader

Received 813 Likes on 678 Posts
This could be a mess. If you have a local stereo/alarm shop, I'd take it there, unless you are familiar with how they work. They will probably have to do some research/trial/error, but they will have much better idea of what to do and how to apply any info they find than most of us LOL.

Old alarms, GPS, LoJack, Turbo Timers, etc. can cause a LOT of trouble if it's not done (or undone) right.

Good luck, man.
The following users liked this post:
SiVibe (Jan 11, 2017)
Old Jan 8, 2017, 05:01 AM

Cheers for your input Kaj. I don't mind the mess and I'm determined to learn more. Good suggestion on the radio installers, they could provide valuable advice.

I'm getting a Haltech Platinum pro later in the year so the installer could fix this issue then..
Old Apr 12, 2020, 03:41 AM

Try this fix

Unplug GPS unit leave the two relays plugged in .

The two relays are configured as normally closed ...you could hard wire ..up to you .

MTData 3030 plug ...remove wire from plug and ground !

QUOTE=SiVibe;11699371]For those interested, I traced the cables from the Diamond Trac panel and found a MTData Dats 3030 unit. I also found the antennas for the GPS and Mobile signals. A bunch of cables are connected to two Bosch relays. With the relays disconnected there's no ignition lights. Connect relays and ignition lights will power on. The engine will swing, but fuel cut. Reconnecting cables to the MTData unit and engine can start. So the MTData unit closes the circuit.

I'm uncertain if this cuts connectivity to the fuel pump directly or wired to the ECU. I don't know how this sort of thing usually work or if there's a standard practice.

I need to think about bypassing the fuel cut or better yet find the obvious looking join where the installer manipulated the factory loom.

MTData is an Australian provider of GPS tracking products. So Diamond Trac is a client of MTData. Anyway I'm a bit more the wiser and will successfully bypass this eventually.[/QUOTE]
Old Apr 12, 2020, 03:51 AM

Try this fix

Not grounding wire pictured .. engine will not start ..

Originally Posted by alfmanr
Unplug GPS unit leave the two relays plugged in .

The two relays are configured as normally closed ...you could hard wire ..up to you .

MTData 3030 plug ...remove wire from plug and ground !

QUOTE=SiVibe;11699371]For those interested, I traced the cables from the Diamond Trac panel and found a MTData Dats 3030 unit. I also found the antennas for the GPS and Mobile signals. A bunch of cables are connected to two Bosch relays. With the relays disconnected there's no ignition lights. Connect relays and ignition lights will power on. The engine will swing, but fuel cut. Reconnecting cables to the MTData unit and engine can start. So the MTData unit closes the circuit.

MTData is an Australian provider of GPS tracking products. So Diamond Trac is a client of MTData. Anyway I'm a bit more the wiser and will successfully bypass this eventually.
[/QUOTE]
Old Apr 12, 2020, 07:26 AM
kaj
EvoM Community Team Leader

Received 813 Likes on 678 Posts
It's been three years with no update. I'm sure it's it's fixed by now.