Notices
EvoM New Member / FAQs / EvoM Rules New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted with the evolutionm.net posse :) FAQs will also be answered in here.

Prospective IX Owner in CA

Search this Thread

Old Feb 2, 2017, 10:58 PM
S30

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Prospective IX Owner in CA

Hello, my name is Dominic. I've always loved Evolutions, thought really hard about buying one years and years ago but never made it happen.

I'm hoping to find my dream Evo soon, a clean IX in wicked white with minimal mods. Ideally I'm after an MR but I'm not overly picky. I live in the Bay Area but I'll consider traveling for the right car.

Recently I sold my '73 240z, which hurt like hell but it was time to move on. If anyone knows of a decent white IX I sure would appreciate any tips or links, thanks in advance!
Old Feb 2, 2017, 11:04 PM
S30

Does anyone have any experience with this dealer, or know anything about this car? It's listed as an MR but I don't think that's accurate, this is close to what I'm after but it's a bit far away and seems a little high on the price?

http://www.kellymotorcars.com/Vehicl...ion-IX-MR.aspx

Last edited by S30; Feb 4, 2017 at 01:22 PM.
Old Feb 3, 2017, 12:25 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts
Welcome to the forum and good luck with your vehicle search. Post a picture when you get your new IX home.
Old Feb 3, 2017, 06:35 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 1,384 Likes on 1,317 Posts
Hi Dominic

Thanks for joining us on EvOM Good luck on your search & if you have any questions please let us know

Im in So.Cal so have not heard of that dealer you noted

Joe
Old Feb 3, 2017, 09:18 AM
S30

Thanks everyone, it seems that there are a decent number of dealers who "specialize" in Evos, AKA hoard them and ask for a premium. As often is the case, my best bet is to find a private seller with the right car at the right price.

Here's a shot of my Z shortly before I sold it, I'm also aiming to build another one soon.

Old Feb 3, 2017, 10:53 AM
Evolving Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
THAT IS CLEAN AF!!

z
e
R
e
p
Old Feb 3, 2017, 12:05 PM
Evolved Member

Received 121 Likes on 105 Posts
Originally Posted by S30
Does anyone have any experience with this dealer, or know anything about this car? It's listed as an MR but I don't think that's accurate, this is close to what I'm after but it's a bit far away and seems a little high on the price?

Well from my visual analysis I can see that it has Evo X wheels, Injen Intercooler piping, Tial Q BOV, HKS Air Intake with K&N filter, Mishimoto Radiator, Cusco Oil catch can, Battery Relocation to the Trunk with Taylor Battery Relocation Kit, AEM AFR gauge, Autometer Boost Gauge, aftermarket head unit, agency power catback exhaust, INGALLS STIFFY ENGINE TORQUE DAMPER, and it's hopefully running Speed Density.

This would be worth about 23-25k in the Bay Area.

There are a couple Evo IX MRs and SEs available in the Bay Area for way cheaper. Most of the Evos for sale in the Bay Area are less modified. Let me know if you need help picking out an Evo. I know the history on most of the Evos for sale as they are being sold by my friends.
Old Feb 3, 2017, 12:48 PM
S30

Originally Posted by deylag
Let me know if you need help picking out an Evo. I know the history on most of the Evos for sale as they are being sold by my friends.
Oh man, I genuinely would appreciate that. I really don't want to deal with a registration nightmare and a west coast car is obviously much more appealing. Please let me know if you hear of any clean white VIIIs or IXs. I'm not 100% dead set on the IX. Thanks!
Old Feb 4, 2017, 01:03 PM
Evolved Member

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts
Originally Posted by S30

I'm confused by this car. It's missing some MR stuff, and it doesn't make sense. It has the E-brake handle from the MR (which can be installed later), but it's missing the gauges under the HVAC controls (which I guess could have been swapped out, since it has gauges mounted on the A-pillar, but it seems like a lot of work) as well as the MR shift boot/gate (which again could have been swapped out but I don't see why, though it does have the six-speed shift knob but it's not the one that comes with our MRs), I don't see the Bilsteins (though it looks like the car is lowered, so maybe the whole suspension came out). But it does have the ridges in the roof, which means it has the aluminum roof, so it's not a dressed up standard IX, though it's definitely not a dressed up RS either.
Old Feb 4, 2017, 01:10 PM
EvoM Community Team Leader

Received 704 Likes on 592 Posts
Join the bay area evo facebook group. Way more people putting up their evo's for private sale there then you will find elsewhere.
Old Feb 4, 2017, 01:14 PM
kaj

Received 812 Likes on 677 Posts
Originally Posted by DeeezNuuuts83
I'm confused by this car. It's missing some MR stuff, and it doesn't make sense. It has the E-brake handle from the MR (which can be installed later), but it's missing the gauges under the HVAC controls (which I guess could have been swapped out, since it has gauges mounted on the A-pillar, but it seems like a lot of work) as well as the MR shift boot/gate (which again could have been swapped out but I don't see why, though it does have the six-speed shift knob but it's not the one that comes with our MRs), I don't see the Bilsteins (though it looks like the car is lowered, so maybe the whole suspension came out). But it does have the ridges in the roof, which means it has the aluminum roof, so it's not a dressed up standard IX, though it's definitely not a dressed up RS either.
The gauges come out by unplugging a few bullet connectors. It has a 5spd swap, which is why the shifter/bezel is different and has a 5spd GSR shift knob. Most likely has colivers. If it has a 5spd swap, possible it was previously, heavily modified.
Old Feb 4, 2017, 01:16 PM
Evolved Member

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts
Originally Posted by kaj
The gauges come out by unplugging a few bullet connectors. It has a 5spd swap, which is why the shifter/bezel is different and has a 5spd GSR shift knob. Most likely has colivers. If it has a 5spd swap, possible it was previously, heavily modified.
Like I said, it has a six-speed shift knob, but the black leather one and not the aluminum MR one. There's a picture of it.
Old Feb 4, 2017, 01:21 PM
kaj

Received 812 Likes on 677 Posts
Originally Posted by DeeezNuuuts83
Like I said, it has a six-speed shift knob, but the black leather one and not the aluminum MR one. There's a picture of it.
oh, yep. 6spd shift knob on a 5spd shifter/base which also means trans.
Old Feb 4, 2017, 01:23 PM

Received 704 Likes on 592 Posts
The ad itself lists it as a 5-speed
Old Feb 4, 2017, 04:42 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 1,038 Likes on 760 Posts
Originally Posted by S30

Looks like an MR (Aluminum roof) with a 5 speed swap.

Quick Reply: Prospective IX Owner in CA