Notices
EvoM New Member / FAQs / EvoM Rules New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted with the evolutionm.net posse :) FAQs will also be answered in here.

Hi

Search this Thread

Old Feb 5, 2017, 03:31 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hi

Hi there,

Long time auto mechanic/enthusiast, owned lots of s14s, a couple of s13s, STi one point in my life, and a few others here and there. I just recently bought a evo 9 for a project. It's a clean car but it's got some issues, hoping to get her fixed up and looking good. I'm looking forward to interacting with you all!

Last edited by nisils14; Feb 5, 2017 at 05:56 AM.
Old Feb 5, 2017, 04:59 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 1,384 Likes on 1,317 Posts
Hello & welcome

Your 9 looks like its in pretty good condition but understand you are faced w/working out a few issues

Post up any questions you have. Search the forum as well, as many topics have been discussed

Look fwd to seeing you out there

Joe
Old Feb 5, 2017, 05:55 AM

Originally Posted by MinusPrevious
Hello & welcome

Your 9 looks like its in pretty good condition but understand you are faced w/working out a few issues

Post up any questions you have. Search the forum as well, as many topics have been discussed

Look fwd to seeing you out there

Joe
Thanks! Tis the joys of used car buying, I wished 18yo me was able to afford one when they were new, but better late than never I suppose. Researching through the forum has already been great help!
Old Feb 8, 2017, 01:10 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts
Welcome aboard! Looks like you got yourself a very interesting and exciting project. What mods exactly are you planning to do?
Old Feb 8, 2017, 01:44 AM

Originally Posted by carid
Welcome aboard! Looks like you got yourself a very interesting and exciting project. What mods exactly are you planning to do?
From what I've already found, it already seems to have a bit done in the engine. Full TBE, hks intake, hks 264s, RC 1000s, Fuel rail, upper/lower IC piping, hallman mbc. It has some driveability issues so obviously I will need to address that. It doesn't like to idle well, and has bogging/hesitation on initial tip in on throttle, I feel it's tuning related. I'm looking into making into a solid daily driver, so I'll be redoing or replacing some things.

Last edited by nisils14; Feb 8, 2017 at 01:57 AM.
Old Feb 10, 2017, 07:07 AM
Evolving Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
clean car! do a Boost Leak test, leak will cause idling issues and get a tune and drive the heck out of it
Old Feb 10, 2017, 10:18 AM

Originally Posted by shak2300
clean car! do a Boost Leak test, leak will cause idling issues and get a tune and drive the heck out of it
Thanks! I actually plan on redoing the entire IC piping, too janky for my tastes,but just driving it is what I plan to do!
Old Feb 14, 2017, 07:50 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by nisils14
Hi there,

Long time auto mechanic/enthusiast, owned lots of s14s, a couple of s13s, STi one point in my life, and a few others here and there. I just recently bought a evo 9 for a project. It's a clean car but it's got some issues, hoping to get her fixed up and looking good. I'm looking forward to interacting with you all!

welcome! Damn that IX is sexy