Notices
EvoM New Member / FAQs / EvoM Rules New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted with the evolutionm.net posse :) FAQs will also be answered in here.

Evo Newbie

Old Feb 21, 2017, 08:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Evo Newbie

Hello everyone, my name is Juan. About a year and a half ago I decided to give up form and trade it in for function. So I sold my bagged Mercedes and picked up a 2006 IX MR.

Well the nice folks at the dealer failed to mention anything about the car being tuned for E85. So after filling her up on 93 and driving her 200 miles home, she blew.

After letting the car sit for a year as I gathered parts to try and fix it my mind tossed around a lot of ideas of what to do with the car. So I've decided to go through with a purpose built track car.

I know a lot of people are about to give me a hard time for the terrible things I've done to this car. But at the end of the day i've chummed out every penny myself and could care less about the negativity. I'm just here for the support and knowledge this forum has to offer which i've been scanning for the last year and the community of enthusiasts it's brought together.

So here's my mess.

Brand new block
Forged Crank
BC Racing H Beam Rods
Upgraded Wrist pins
Manley 10.5:1 Pistons
Supertech Valves
BC Racing Springs and Retainers
Kelford Cams

I've been assembling everything and doing all the work myself here out of the house so it's been slow especially with how expensive parts are for this thing.

Theres still a ton of work to do but theres no rush. My main goal is to just do things and do them right the first time which is why I'm here. The engine assembly will change as time goes on and more money can be funneled to that rather then spread across the whole build.

Thank you for having me and all the help you've provided without even knowing. This place has gotten me to the point I am now.

Also, feel free to enquire about the interior, I'm not keeping a single piece. Some small items have been sold, like carbon trim and the back seat. But the bulk of the black interior is for sale from door panels to carpet.

The day it blew and I had to drop the engine out.

The rod that ripped my number two cylinder to shreds, then took out the crank, then popped two holes in the block and oil pan.

New engine straight from Mitsubishi. Short block assembled by a local racing shop.

Still stripping the front before it gets chopped up then mocked up for some tubing.

All seam sealer and sound deadening being removed. I probably chipped away 30ish pounds.

Last edited by jcgcuba; Feb 21, 2017 at 08:30 PM. Reason: Added more info.
Old Feb 22, 2017, 02:12 AM

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Welcome to Evo M Juan!
Lovely evo you have there.
Keep posting!
Old Feb 22, 2017, 06:09 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 1,384 Likes on 1,317 Posts
Hi Juan. Thanks for posting & telling us your story

You have been through a lot already & hope your project turns out the way you want it to

To avoid some issues & learn about all the build options available, stay active on the forum (post & search)

Again, welcome

Let me know if you have any questions, Joe
Old Feb 23, 2017, 08:34 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thank you! I'm looking forward to sharing all parts of my build as it progresses. The people on this forum have always been helpful and knowledgeable.