Notices
EvoM New Member / FAQs / EvoM Rules New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted with the evolutionm.net posse :) FAQs will also be answered in here.

New to Moding and modding an Evo

Search this Thread

Old Mar 26, 2017, 07:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New to Moding and modding an Evo

Hello Evo World,

My name is Michael, and wanted to say hi and thank you all for letting me in you wonderful group. I hope to gain a lot of information here. I bought my Evo X FE knowing I will be moding it. I have had the car for just over a year and just broke 5k miles. Currently I am getting bolt ons from AP, DP, TP, full 3" exhaust, with EBCS, and CAI. Along following a full 4 hr dyno tune session right after.

I am also wanting feed back on what to do next. I am not looking to overpower and drop tons of money for power so I am wanting to reach up to 400whp.

Currently, my stock briembo brakes squeak and have so since I got the car, it seems to squeak more when its cold, is this normal? What can I do to fix this?

Also, need help on, when to upgrade clutch, flywheel, is this really necessary with this horsepower?

If you could direct me to any forum that already has this information already posted I can read, I am just having a hard time finding information.

Thanks a bunch guys/gals!
Old Mar 26, 2017, 07:35 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 1,384 Likes on 1,317 Posts
Hi Michael

Welcome. We just added another new member w/an FE. As I mentioned to him, Im not an X-expert but there are many X-experts on this forum

Take a look at this thread. In there is a PDF file link that has a lot of tuning info.

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ev...de-please.html

Also, spend your time in the X-forums & search around for topics you are interested in

We welcome you & thanks for joining the conversation

Joe
Old Mar 26, 2017, 07:48 PM

Thank you Joe!
Old Apr 4, 2017, 11:19 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 223 Likes on 133 Posts
Originally Posted by Michael Clennan
H
Currently, my stock briembo brakes squeak and have so since I got the car, it seems to squeak more when its cold, is this normal? What can I do to fix this?

Also, need help on, when to upgrade clutch, flywheel, is this really necessary with this horsepower?
Did you buy the car new? If not the previous owner may have put racing brake pads in the car which tend to squeak more especially when cold.

stock clutch should hold close to 350 hp IMO.
Old Apr 4, 2017, 08:17 PM

new car!