Notices
EvoM New Member / FAQs / EvoM Rules New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted with the evolutionm.net posse :) FAQs will also be answered in here.

How much hp can you get out of your 2002 Lancer Rally editon?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 18, 2002, 02:42 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
How much hp can you get out of your 2002 Lancer Rally editon?

How much Hp can you get out of the Stock 2002 Lancer Rally edition and what kind of mods would you do to it to make it that much hp? I am wondering this because i want to get at least 320 shooting one 60 shot of NOS! But i don't know what else to do to my engine to make it compatable with nos and to make it that quick! NEED HELP!!!!
------------------------------- =
Old Sep 18, 2002, 02:44 AM

LOL, you want 320 HP with a 60 shot of Nitrous?
Old Sep 18, 2002, 02:45 AM
Evolved Member

jesus christ. Try searching bretlee. In order to get 200+ hp you need to go turbo. 320 hp will require things that aren't available yet. You would need new cam, forged pistons, new valve springs, timing work, ..basically about 10 grand or more. Talk to ROCK if you are serious about throwing away your parents money.

these threads are becoming obnoxiously annoying
Old Sep 18, 2002, 02:46 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Good luck finding someone who's pushed the 4g94 to its limits. I'm fairly certain no such person exists.

Last edited by HobieKopek; Oct 19, 2002 at 12:56 AM.
Old Sep 18, 2002, 02:58 AM
Evolving Member

oh but one will some day

someday i will push my lancer to its limits however not if it is cheaper to just drop a 4g63 into it which i think it is but none the less i want to make my 4g94 the best it can b
Old Sep 18, 2002, 03:02 AM
Evolved Member

to simply drop a 4g63 in may be cheaper than getting the 4g94 up to 250 hp. but to drop a 4g63 in and get really good hp like 300+ is going to be a negligble difference than hooking up the 4g94, remember, the trannies aren't able to simply match up. Look for Lan Evo's posts then in his sig. read the conversion thread. It should sufficiently crush your hopes.
Old Sep 18, 2002, 03:08 AM

So what yall are saying is going with dropping the new engine in which is the 4g63 and add what kind of mods to it? And what type of engine would that be? I have the money and trust me it doesn't come from mommy and daddy!!!!! I had my own business a year ago and decided to drop that to go back to school! i just want to be able to get at least 320 hp! i don't care the mods and i dont' care about how much i just want to know what kind of mods i need and what i need to do whether it is drop a new engine in and put mods on it , and replace the trannies like pimpson is saying! i just want to know and understand what i should do!!!!!
Old Sep 18, 2002, 03:13 AM
Evolved Member

it is cheaper and more feasible to stick with the current engine. Now go talk to Road Race (ROCK) about what you can do and what to expect. You would have to do full engine upgrade, new pistons, etc. etc. full fuel management, boost controller, fmic, water sprayer for the intercooler...lots to do. Few with the experience, so go see Rob already.
Old Sep 18, 2002, 03:14 AM

why 320 Hp? what's the magical number?

BTW, i wish u the best.. if you wanna hook up a rolla, i'll donate mine
Old Sep 18, 2002, 03:14 AM
Evolved Member

about 250++ w/ RRM turbo, intake, exasut, testpipe,throerbody..and maybe take out your AC would help...
Old Sep 18, 2002, 03:20 AM
Evolving Member

Originally posted by Fastpaced
So what yall are saying is going with dropping the new engine in which is the 4g63 and add what kind of mods to it? And what type of engine would that be? I have the money and trust me it doesn't come from mommy and daddy!!!!! I had my own business a year ago and decided to drop that to go back to school! i just want to be able to get at least 320 hp! i don't care the mods and i dont' care about how much i just want to know what kind of mods i need and what i need to do whether it is drop a new engine in and put mods on it , and replace the trannies like pimpson is saying! i just want to know and understand what i should do!!!!!
If money isn't a thing, how come you went with a normal OZ Lancer? I'm sure finding a used, earlier evo would of been sufficient. Pushing the stock Lancer engine is like me getting a Skyline - it's not gonna happen. And if it does, it's gonna require alot of bling bling. As already stated, you're gonna have to *completely* rebuild the internals to even get remotely close to 200HP if not over. Forced Induction is eventually gonna be needed.

If you wanna drop in the 4G63 engine, good luck with finding one. I personally never looked into this, but I can't imagine that it'd be easy. As well, don't forget to get the tranny, among countless other things.

Eventually the cost to drop in the engine would not be worth it, and would outweigh getting a faster car in the first place.

But if you got the cash, you get what you pay for.
Old Sep 18, 2002, 04:54 AM

the reason i got the normal 2002 Oz rally edition Lancer is because i want the experience in building a stock car into a faster car!! i want to gain the knowledge on how to make a slow car faster! i am new at this and only want to learn!!!!! i am plannin on porting and polishing to make the air flow more efficient! and then after that who knows my car could be down for about 2months on getting parts....i need to go talk to rock from what pimpson is saying and i appreciate the advice...so you will hear from me later on about this.....so adakemiks if you want to be the teacher be the teacher but don't riticule someone for trying to learn about something they don't know....ight!
Old Sep 18, 2002, 05:18 AM

what made you pick a lancer over.. say... a honda civic? or maybe a SpecV? or.. *gulp* a corolla?
Old Sep 18, 2002, 05:34 AM
Evolved Member

or a GTI!!!, if I was blingin then I would have picked the 1.8t 20v GTI... That has some enormous potential.

Fastpaced. https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...t=parts+thread (Fix please someone?) follow that link once it's a link, read it over. It details the parts currently known available as well as covers some that aren't made for the car but for it's counterparts in the S.E. hemisphere. You will have to do the turbo in stages, but stage 1 turbo from RMR and RPW go between 50-80 hp depending on accessories, you need all the accessories to do the kind of hp you think of, plus things that haven't been done yet. If you are ballin out of control then go to RRM and leave the car, they will hook up prototype kits for a stage 2 but so far I don't believe it's even been attempted YET. Definetely feasable just not on my visa.
Old Sep 18, 2002, 06:38 AM
Evolving Member

I know I haven't been here TOO long, but I'm really trying to understand...

there's FEASIBLE power points...200 hp is easy with turbo. 150-160 with intake/tb/exhaust etc.

But where is this obsession with 300hp coming from? It's illogical, and a money sink. If you want 300 hp you're barking up a very bad tree at this point in the USDM Lancer's lifetime.

You're not the only person, it just seems that there have been two or three of you over the last week or two that are...I don't know...trying to build the taj mahal out of matchsticks. Or the mona lisa out of fingerpaint. I don't know.

Splain. Please.

Quick Reply: How much hp can you get out of your 2002 Lancer Rally editon?