Notices
Future Lancer / Evo Models Discuss any rumors and/or news concerning future Lancer and Evolution models in here.

Evo IX: Future Classic?

Old Oct 28, 2015, 10:57 PM
kaj
EvoM Community Team Leader

Received 812 Likes on 677 Posts
Originally Posted by luisluqin12

Remember me? lol i tried cashing you out for your Evo? Finally found myself one? Literally searched the whole country.
I ain't given her up yet LOL. Its HARD to find just the right one. I was lucky to find mine....twice.
Old Nov 3, 2015, 05:37 PM
Evolving Member

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts
IXs definitely hard to find coming from someone who's bought two in the past year lol. If a car is a classic like say the supra or older Shelbys does it get to a point where mileage doesn't matter any more as long as it's in good condition? I've got 85k on the clock right now and every mile kills me a little on the inside. Still can't help but drive it though
Old Nov 3, 2015, 08:21 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by pistons4550
IXs definitely hard to find coming from someone who's bought two in the past year lol. If a car is a classic like say the supra or older Shelbys does it get to a point where mileage doesn't matter any more as long as it's in good condition? I've got 85k on the clock right now and every mile kills me a little on the inside. Still can't help but drive it though
Miles is always a factor in resale. Less miles more value. It also applies to exotics. Unless it a car 1 of 10 samples.
Old Nov 3, 2015, 08:32 PM
kaj

If you're keeping the miles down for resale value, why not just sell it and get something you're willing to drive; save yourself the stress? LOL
I'd rather enjoy my car. But that's just me. I bought my house as an investment...Not my car.
Old Nov 4, 2015, 04:07 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by kaj
If you're keeping the miles down for resale value, why not just sell it and get something you're willing to drive; save yourself the stress? LOL
I'd rather enjoy my car. But that's just me. I bought my house as an investment...Not my car.
I didnt mean I was trying to keep it down for resale or else I wouldnt be looking for excuses to go out just so I can drive it lol. With my insurance and maintenance costs, the car is no where near an investment for me. Im just saying the more miles on the clock, the more I think mine isnt as valuable from a rarity standpoint.
Old Nov 4, 2015, 09:35 AM
kaj

Originally Posted by pistons4550
I didnt mean I was trying to keep it down for resale or else I wouldnt be looking for excuses to go out just so I can drive it lol. With my insurance and maintenance costs, the car is no where near an investment for me. Im just saying the more miles on the clock, the more I think mine isnt as valuable from a rarity standpoint.
I was meaning in general, my comment wasn't aimed at you, but thanks for the reply! Sorry if it looked like I was singling you out.
And yeah, with used cars more mileage = less value.
Unless I ever bought a collector car, I wouldn't worry about it. Not enjoying my mass-produced Japanese sedan so I can get an extra $3-5k if I sold it? Nah.
Now if it to sell at Barrett Jackson for, like, $100k? Then yah LOL
Old Nov 4, 2015, 05:32 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by kaj
I was meaning in general, my comment wasn't aimed at you, but thanks for the reply! Sorry if it looked like I was singling you out.
And yeah, with used cars more mileage = less value.
Unless I ever bought a collector car, I wouldn't worry about it. Not enjoying my mass-produced Japanese sedan so I can get an extra $3-5k if I sold it? Nah.
Now if it to sell at Barrett Jackson for, like, $100k? Then yah LOL
No offense was taken, just stating my viewpoint. But I agree with you.
Old Nov 8, 2015, 04:46 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Maybe in 30-40 years...
Old Jan 8, 2016, 01:57 PM

I agree, the 8 MR will be rare and hard to find. Plus price is still really high right now
Old Jan 8, 2016, 02:21 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 345 Likes on 262 Posts
Due to the fact that a lot of us are getting our engines, transfer cases, and transmissions rebuilt as well as replacing wheel bearings...Evo mileage doesn't matter to me anymore.

To add to that, i've seen 60,000 mile evos that look like they've been through a war zone and 150,000 mile evos that look like they have been babied their entire lives.

Mileage will never be a deciding factor for me between two cars. Which is why I feel KBB is full of S!@#.

-pal215
Old Jan 12, 2016, 01:13 PM

Its been 4 months and I'm still searching for my IX.
Of course I'm somewhat picky, I'd rather create from a more blank canvas.

It'll be a classic IMO.
Old Jan 17, 2016, 12:46 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Blank Canvas

Hello to all. I have read this forum for about a year while considering whether to modify or sell my 06 rs. I'm now leaning towards selling. Just happened to be looking through the site today about rarity/production numbers and decided to register and post. Ceemarsh, I may have your blank canvass. 06 RS white, little over 63,000 miles on it. Owned since new. Bone Stock, except for k&n filter and custom powder coated stock rims, white to match the body. The tri-diamond in the center is painted red to match the calipers. It has been very well maintained. I've followed the "severe duty" maintenance schedule even though its duty has been nothing like severe. This is my first post. I'll also be posting something in the market-place shortly. I absolutely love the car for its purity, no radio or other useless crap. I'm only selling it to finance the purchase of another ultra-purist drivers car, the new Shelby GT350 R. Send me a message or email if your interested. I'm not too far from you. Located in central PA. To be honest, I haven't even come up with an asking price yet. Can't find a comparable one for sale too easily. Obviously due to the rarity of the RS models, particularly a stock never modified one, I dont want to let it go cheap. Once I come up with a number I'll post an official "for sale" ad in the marketplace.