Notices
Future Lancer / Evo Models Discuss any rumors and/or news concerning future Lancer and Evolution models in here.

just got an email from my dealer...

Search this Thread

Old Oct 4, 2007, 06:27 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
just got an email from my dealer...

he said he spoke with his rep today, and he will have his first 2 X's last week of January...

i sent him a message to see if he knew colors and trim... i imagine he'll get MR's to start... they'll want to get them out on the market first...
Old Oct 4, 2007, 08:25 PM
Evolved Member

is there a RS model that will come to the states?
Old Oct 5, 2007, 12:33 AM
Evolved Member

Thats great news!
Old Oct 5, 2007, 03:54 AM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
no

Originally Posted by evo542
Old Oct 5, 2007, 04:37 AM
Evolving Member

how much the will be at?? price's??
Old Oct 5, 2007, 07:10 AM

Nice! can't wait to hear what info you get. I'm planning on contacting my dealer (CT) today and seeing what they've heard.

the sooner the better too, I was going to get a regular Lancer so I could finally get rid of my freaking 1996 Saturn SC2 (I'm only 22, so its my first car, and its on its last breaths lol), but right as I was about to head to the dealer the X got announced, now I'm trying to squeeze whats left of my Saturn going until the X can be mine
Old Oct 5, 2007, 07:31 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by evo542
According to Edmunds at first no, but eventually yes.
Old Oct 5, 2007, 10:49 AM
Evolved Member

Motortrend and a few other mags said the Xs would start arriving in the States in January.
Old Oct 6, 2007, 01:53 PM

Well I just sent out emails to my local dealers in connecticut, I'll let people know what happens when I hear anything back.
Old Oct 6, 2007, 03:55 PM
Evolved Member

how do you know?

Originally Posted by letMeIn
no
Old Oct 9, 2007, 08:29 PM
Evolved Member

dealer got back to me, and said no MR's until spring...
Old Oct 9, 2007, 10:57 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Diesel
dealer got back to me, and said no MR's until spring...
BOOOOOOOO!!!! BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! AYYY AYYY MITSU!!! BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

(unless the SST will be available in the regular X trim)
Old Oct 10, 2007, 04:26 AM
Evolving Member

GSR will be coming first. There is a GSR exclusive color called Octane Blue that will be replacing Electric Blue in the line-up while the other colors will be white, gray, silver and rally red. It will be coming with no rear-wing spoiler, no HIDs and a basic audio setup. It will only come with a 5-speed manual gearbox. The upgrade package for the GSR is the 'sight, sound and wing' package. It will add HIDs, the 650 watt Rockford Fosgate 9-speaker sound system, 6 months of Sirius satellite radio and the rear wing spoiler. Base price of the non-packaged GSR looks to be around the $35k range and should arrive to dealerships mid-January. It is true what the dealerships are saying about having only 2 Evos coming in during January, as that is the initial allotment given to dealerships. Some are only getting 1. Dealerships that started with Mitsubishi during calendar year 2007 will not get any Evos. Pre-existing dealerships who did not have strong prior Lancer/Evo sales will only get one. Dealerships who showed strong prior Lancer/Evo sales will be capped at two. Mind you, this is only an allotment, and some dealerships will use their right to decline an allotment (there are places in the U.S. where Evo sales are non-existant). In that case, a surrounding dealership has the opportunity to take that allotment, so if the GSM is on his/her game, they'll keep in touch with their District Rep and see if anyone is declining their allotments.

The MR will make an appearance as early as late February and will only come in TC-SST. The MR will come with all the package options that the GSR has, but has an upgrade package that will add 30GB HDD Navigation and some other niceties, such as FAST key, bluetooth, etc... The MR starts at the $40k level and will be available in white, gray, rally red, silver and the MR-exclusive Phantom Black (which is the color you saw on the ARC Evo. It is a black color with gold flake in it).

Just sharing info, don't kill the messenger. =).
Old Oct 10, 2007, 04:32 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
MR starting at $40K? OK.
335i is a better deal, consider the packaging, engine, and service cost.
Old Oct 10, 2007, 07:22 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by kmxxbadboy
GSR will be coming first. There is a GSR exclusive color called Octane Blue that will be replacing Electric Blue in the line-up while the other colors will be white, gray, silver and rally red. It will be coming with no rear-wing spoiler, no HIDs and a basic audio setup. It will only come with a 5-speed manual gearbox. The upgrade package for the GSR is the 'sight, sound and wing' package. It will add HIDs, the 650 watt Rockford Fosgate 9-speaker sound system, 6 months of Sirius satellite radio and the rear wing spoiler. Base price of the non-packaged GSR looks to be around the $35k range and should arrive to dealerships mid-January. It is true what the dealerships are saying about having only 2 Evos coming in during January, as that is the initial allotment given to dealerships. Some are only getting 1. Dealerships that started with Mitsubishi during calendar year 2007 will not get any Evos. Pre-existing dealerships who did not have strong prior Lancer/Evo sales will only get one. Dealerships who showed strong prior Lancer/Evo sales will be capped at two. Mind you, this is only an allotment, and some dealerships will use their right to decline an allotment (there are places in the U.S. where Evo sales are non-existant). In that case, a surrounding dealership has the opportunity to take that allotment, so if the GSM is on his/her game, they'll keep in touch with their District Rep and see if anyone is declining their allotments.

The MR will make an appearance as early as late February and will only come in TC-SST. The MR will come with all the package options that the GSR has, but has an upgrade package that will add 30GB HDD Navigation and some other niceties, such as FAST key, bluetooth, etc... The MR starts at the $40k level and will be available in white, gray, rally red, silver and the MR-exclusive Phantom Black (which is the color you saw on the ARC Evo. It is a black color with gold flake in it).

Just sharing info, don't kill the messenger. =).
Sounds like solid info. Thanks for posting this.

Quick Reply: just got an email from my dealer...