Notices
Future Lancer / Evo Models Discuss any rumors and/or news concerning future Lancer and Evolution models in here.

Big & Good & Bad News from Mitsubishi Today 04/01/2010

Search this Thread

Old Apr 1, 2010, 01:34 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up Big & Good & Bad News from Mitsubishi Today 04/01/2010

This is all current news, good & legitimate, no April Fool's Day joke:

1 - Mitsubishi Sales UP 17.62%:

Main Source
Autoblog's Report "By The Numbers"

2- Mitsubishi brings the i-MiEVs in April as a Loaner to the Press. Gearing up for a introduction First Quarter 2011:

Main Source

3 - Mitsubishi Motors North America Confirms a B-Segment for 2012, possibly a updated EU-version Colt:

MotorTrend's Report

4 - Mitsubishi Shows Off New Small CUV "Outlander Sport" @ New York Auto Show. For Sale this Fall (September-October). Releases new Interactive Website for 2011 Outlander Sport:

Autoblog's Coverage @ New York Auto Show

Mitsubishi Smart CUV.com

5 - Not SO GOOD news: Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution's future STILL uncertain:

MotorTrend's Report (last paragraph)
Old Apr 1, 2010, 02:47 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by jazket
5 - Not SO GOOD news: Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution's future STILL uncertain:

MotorTrend's Report (last paragraph)
Sounds like they are worried if they go hybrid people won't buy it, but for certain they won't kill the Evolution line.
Old Apr 1, 2010, 02:57 PM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
#2,3, and 4 i can confirm, as we are all anticipating getting our hands on one of each of these cars at the dealership. i-miev is pretty lame, mini-outlander looks to be really sweet, and colt will be amazing if they decide to go ahead and offer the ralliart package.

as to the other 2 items, i hadnt heard anything in regards to either of those, but i highly doubt the evo is going anywhere, theyre only deciding on how much they are willing to change it again. the last change with the x already damaged a bit of the reputation with the die-hard evo fans, they dont want to lose a lot more if they go hybrid, regardless of the power and performance it actually makes.
Old Apr 1, 2010, 05:34 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by 03chi-town0Z
#2,3, and 4 i can confirm, as we are all anticipating getting our hands on one of each of these cars at the dealership. i-miev is pretty lame, mini-outlander looks to be really sweet, and colt will be amazing if they decide to go ahead and offer the ralliart package.

as to the other 2 items, i hadnt heard anything in regards to either of those, but i highly doubt the evo is going anywhere, theyre only deciding on how much they are willing to change it again. the last change with the x already damaged a bit of the reputation with the die-hard evo fans, they dont want to lose a lot more if they go hybrid, regardless of the power and performance it actually makes.
people are pretty retarded... everything WILL go green eventually. Personally if I buy a new Evo that is still fast, handles well AND can get better mileage then what's not to like?
Old Apr 2, 2010, 10:47 AM
GNR
Evolving Member

An hybrid evo...
Old Apr 2, 2010, 12:45 PM
Evolved Member

yessir. plan is for electric to assist gas on wot acceleration to give immediate response until turbo has a chance to spool and finally overpowers the electric capability and takes over from there, actuallly makes a lot of sense if you think about it. this scenario is basically only for wot situations tho, otherwise normal day-to-day driving would be separated more like any other hybrid. really good ideas if they can make them work like they want, but like i said, some die-hards will never be satisfied regardless
Old Apr 2, 2010, 01:59 PM

So what are the plans for a New Galant and Eclipse
Old Apr 2, 2010, 07:56 PM

I dont want to have to worry about a giant battery AND an engine. Not a big fan of the hybrid idea.
Old Apr 3, 2010, 07:24 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by whodizking
So what are the plans for a New Galant and Eclipse
2011 eclipse is about a half inch lower, changed the backing color on the two-tone wheels, added leather to the base/se style package, not much else really with all the cutbacks

new galant was supposed to look like this ever since back in '07-'08:

http://jalopnik.com/315273/tokyo-mot...shi-concept-zt

too bad that fell through. not much has changed on this platform since 2004 either

edit: new eclipse coupe also has a black roof on the non-black SE models

Last edited by 03chi-town0Z; Apr 4, 2010 at 06:57 AM.
Old Apr 3, 2010, 08:39 AM
Evolving Member

that Galant kinda looks like an audi to me...
Old Apr 3, 2010, 10:38 AM
Evolved Member

that was the plan. the cost of production and the options they were going to give it (turbo-diesel motor [turbocharged gasoline ala vr4 was discussed also, just not in this article]s-awc awd system, and of course all the leather/body/led/cosmetic upgrades) would have raised the price drastically, but i think it would have been a real audi-killer if it ever went through. just kinda hard to promote a 40k+ galant, ya know?

Last edited by 03chi-town0Z; Apr 4, 2010 at 06:57 AM.
Old Apr 4, 2010, 01:24 AM

Yea but atleast just the styling to the galant would be better to the eye then the aging model.
Plus i thought that concept RA coupe was going to get the old gsx evo roots back. Guess money is short and so are models but if they dont drop another hot model to get people in show rooms, they might be leaving sooner then later.
I thought both the concepts were very nice and pleasing to the eye.
Old Apr 5, 2010, 02:06 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by 03chi-town0Z
2011 eclipse is about a half inch lower, changed the backing color on the two-tone wheels, added leather to the base/se style package, not much else really with all the cutbacks

Yep, Eclipse 2011 was drastically changed (looks wise)... It's got a black roof w-sunroof on all models, lower ride, dual-exhaust (better note even from the I4) all leather interior, bluetooth, rockford fosgate, full HID-Projector headlights, black out "evo-like" nose (now Mitsu's trademark front grille), sport 18x8 wheels (the ones that the 07 Galant Ralliart would come with)

It looks way better (despite being the same freaking car), and the GS (4cyl) now comes with dual exahust... I just got my wife one about 2 weeks ago, they're just getting to the showrooms.

The thruth is, Mitsubishi keeps updating the Eclipse 4G little by little but this car has 6 years already, and it's time for a new model. The Concept RA should've been out by next year, but I guess the years 2008/2009 had other things in mind for Mitsu...

Here's a pic of the current Eclipse, the wifey's ride:

If it had a turbo and AWD/RWD mitsu would be selling more of these... and they'd have more money to invest in a new eclipse/galant model as well...

Last edited by jazket; Apr 5, 2010 at 02:08 PM.
Old Apr 5, 2010, 08:40 PM
Evolving Member

I like the new galant looks nice and aggresive for a big sedan... it needs a different grill though.
Old Apr 6, 2010, 03:42 PM

a lot of changes.. its hard to take them

Quick Reply: Big & Good & Bad News from Mitsubishi Today 04/01/2010