Notices
Discussion / Rumors The rumored Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution XI. .What have you heard? What do you think?

"Evo XI" rumors, speculations, and media reports.

Old Oct 21, 2011, 02:22 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think an interesting question is how many 8/9 fans are new car buyers. I know I can only afford used.

I don't think Mitsi is concerned with the value or how desired the car is after it passes through its first set of hands. Catering for new car buyers is all any manufacturer is concerned with.
Old Oct 21, 2011, 02:26 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I think a VERY small percent of evo fans might be interested in this. Other than that, they better make it appealing and comfy to sell it.

Mitsu can make a car for the enviroment. In the meantime, Ill run my 9 around with no emissions, no cat etc.
Old Oct 21, 2011, 02:32 PM
Evolved Member

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Why can't they just make an Iron Block 2.0 with direct injection? Hell bump it to a 2.2 if you want but keep it simple stupid.
Old Oct 21, 2011, 02:34 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
^ Or, how about a closed deck aluminum block with DSI?
Old Oct 21, 2011, 02:39 PM

Originally Posted by apagan01
yuck ! if the 10's were less popular than the 8 and 9's imagine this new hybrid

Mitsu dont seem to listen to their markets screaming for the good ole 4G63T on similar platform than the 9 usto be,, they could make a raw AWD with a 4G63T engine that could serve itself much like the RS models did for a good price i predict they would sell mases since people now know what to do with an evo.
The seem to be listening more to the government on green regulations,, which in my opinion is the biggest mistake a corp can do,, but not suprising on what going on whith the push for greener car from this government
exactly! they need go back to the old IX style, n tbreak it down n rebuild a better evo. the 10's are good lookin to a certain extent.. lets go back to the 6-9's
Old Oct 21, 2011, 02:42 PM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by SamsonEvoX
. A diesel has immense torque. They don't however, rev very high. An electric motor has immense torque, so again the emphasis is not on top end power. However, if you look at both F1 and LeMans cars utilizing hybrids, you will see that they can make power on the big end.

I say all this that while I am concerned about future performance cars like the Evo, technology has a way of solving a lot of problems. I grew up with the Muscle Cars and never thought I would see cars again like those from the 60's, but here we are with average cars like a Hyundai Sonata turbo, GTi and Honda Civic Si being able to beat many of the times that the Muscle Cars could do.
Originally Posted by evo 9 guy
While newer diesels are awesome, I don't think this will turn out well.

I wonder what they are going to do for top end power though. Diesels are good down low, electric is good down low, where is the top end power going to be?
good points but a diesel can rev higher than what you think. Were used to seeing trucks with a 3-4k redline but thats because of gearing and design of that motor. There is actual diesel dragsters out there. Im sure we'll be in for a good surprise!
Old Oct 21, 2011, 03:31 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by vmrevo9
good points but a diesel can rev higher than what you think. Were used to seeing trucks with a 3-4k redline but thats because of gearing and design of that motor. There is actual diesel dragsters out there. Im sure we'll be in for a good surprise!
Yes, diesels are capable of revving higher. And, if anyone has ever seen a Bullydog tune on a diesel truck, then they will never say that diesels cannot perform well. I believe, most people, when diesels are mentioned, immeditely think of an 18 wheeler diesel truck. Modern diesel technology on cars has advanced considerably from that. They are lighter, rev higher and much cleaner burning. Diesels have such an advantage at LeMans, that the rules makers have decided to restrict them so that gasoline engines have a better chance of success. Audi and Peugeot have demonstrated that diesels don't have to be slow.
Old Oct 21, 2011, 03:45 PM
Evolved Member

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
/\/\/\ what he just said. Diesels are winning at the higher levels of endurance motorsports. no they dont rev to 7K but with the right gearing the torque shoots them put of the corner much faster. and again with the gearing done right, straight away speeds are good

Carroll Shelby said it many years ago but.....torque wins races not hp or revs

Having said that the car needs to be much lighter, stiffer, and incorporate the new X awd technology that is better than the 4-9's..needs paddle shifter technology, but also the tranny needs to really handle the torque with out taking a S**T. tranny cooler a must.

Any one think about a XI that weighs 2700 lbs and puts out 350 ft lbs of torque to 6000 with the right gearing ...it will be hella quick.
Old Oct 21, 2011, 04:06 PM
Evolved Member

i guess its mitsu's turn to bend us diehards over a chair much like honda and toyota have done since the 90's. y dont companys pay attention to its customers?
Old Oct 21, 2011, 04:29 PM
Evolved Member

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
because you and some others need to understand that evos are not nor have ever been the profit maker for mitsubishi, nor the supra for toyota, nor the s2000 for honda. Profit is ruled by lancer, corolla, camry, civic, accord.

Now if you want to be SELFISH and whine "why dont they listen to what the people want" the truth is they do, and the majority (not us) prefer the major selling cars which are not the supra, evo, sti etc. These companies need to make money first (rightly so to thrive and continue) then can make niche cars.

Now if you want a car company that caters to a niche market and cares more about its niche market cars than paying its bills, well thats like a kid out of high school who prefers to pay for his cool clothes than paying his bills

Companies make niche cars because they are doing well financially and can afford a niche car for advertising purposes.

Good luck Mitsubishi on your endeavor and thanks for making my awesome evo 9 when you were able to do so
Old Oct 21, 2011, 04:47 PM

As long as this car looks good and when tuned can beat up on Corvettes and Porsches at track days, I am all for it!
Old Oct 21, 2011, 05:20 PM
Evolved Member

this is whats wrong with car companys and the world for that matter. import cars that we know and love r headed in the same direction that 70"s muscle cars did. instead of keeping a good thing that is a trademark for a company they try and make it something it was never made to b just to sell more units.

emissions r a joke and for the government to impose such dumb laws just for a way to tax us more and place fear in dumb ppl who think the world will implode because i have
death shooting out my exhaust.

if i wanted a to pull my house out of the ground then id buy a superduty, not an evo. the word hybrid is what concerns me. there has yet to b any purposful one built let alone a performance one.

Originally Posted by silverevo05
because you and some others need to understand that evos are not nor have ever been the profit maker for mitsubishi, nor the supra for toyota, nor the s2000 for honda. Profit is ruled by lancer, corolla, camry, civic, accord.

Now if you want to be SELFISH and whine "why dont they listen to what the people want" the truth is they do, and the majority (not us) prefer the major selling cars which are not the supra, evo, sti etc. These companies need to make money first (rightly so to thrive and continue) then can make niche cars.

Now if you want a car company that caters to a niche market and cares more about its niche market cars than paying its bills, well thats like a kid out of high school who prefers to pay for his cool clothes than paying his bills

Companies make niche cars because they are doing well financially and can afford a niche car for advertising purposes.

Good luck Mitsubishi on your endeavor and thanks for making my awesome evo 9 when you were able to do so
Old Oct 21, 2011, 06:31 PM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
what the hell is wrong with mitsubishi?????
this is so bad news...... Worst news ever!!!
I just dont get it???
Diesel this is a joke

Now iam stucked in buying a new evo x gsr or just wait and see what they will offer,if they offer this diesel engine as an option and still have the petrol engine then its fine but they dont say it this way!!!! iam mad iam a dinasour!!
green green girly green
Old Oct 21, 2011, 06:46 PM
Account Disabled

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
The issue is that we have currently a government that wants to have their nose in all of the markets and tell companies how they should operate,, well its to be expected after the mess we have gone through,, gov bailing out big companies gives the government a say on what can go on in the industry,,,, lets get back to basics let the corporation make decisions by listening to the consumer not to this democratic government that seem to be VERY green oriented.

If mitsu would listen to the markets hence the consumers and not what a politician has to say about MPG, they would do much better then.
this is what happens when a government has their fingers in capital markets they push those companies to dance to their hefty regulations which kills the companies also the consumer because again they end up listening to the gov and not the consumer

give us the 4G63T back and watch thousands buy them, and watch the aftermarket markets flourish again like they were some years back.

Originally Posted by SamsonEvoX
David, we have to be honest. Those of us who love Evos are a niche within a relatively small company [at least in comparison to Toyota, Honda, GM, Ford and Volkswagen]. Mitsubishi seems to be following the lead at Honda, which has pretty much eliminated the higher performing cars. The S2000 is gone and the new Civic Si is not an improvment over the previous one. [I know, I had one].

Mitsubishi has caught the "green" virus, one of blue skies, bluebirds singing, daisys in the field, perfumed flowers, little girls in sun dresses and rainbows everywhere. They are going to protect us from ourselves. Theirs is a world built on utopian promises. People who love performance are like the dinosaurs to them. We are an endangered species it would seem.

So all of us with current Evos need to keep them running as long as we can. You hear people say, "smoke them while you can". Well, we need to "drive them while we can".
Old Oct 21, 2011, 06:51 PM
Account Disabled

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by jrsimon27
what the hell is wrong with mitsubishi?????
Diesel this is a joke

:
Whats wrong is they are listening more to the government than they are to the consumer the one who buys the product and makes them the profit margins.

Diesel only,,, NOP on top of that they are throwing an electric engine,,, as far as i am concernned give me an electrical hybrid for my daily driver,, as for perfomance cars i want a raw car that i can modify to my taste,, like the RS usto be,,, when i got my evo i got a GSR why because i wanted to modify it ,, i did not care as for the interiors went as long as they had the basic and i think the Evo 8 and 9 did just great

this will be a fail,, i dont see Buschur racing, AMS, CBRD or anyoone else intersted in an electric car with a diesel engine,, we vendors will just move on to a different market

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: "Evo XI" rumors, speculations, and media reports.