Notices
Discussion / Rumors The rumored Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution XI. .What have you heard? What do you think?

"Evo XI" rumors, speculations, and media reports.

Search this Thread

Old Dec 17, 2014, 11:37 AM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Not sure if anyone saw these articles yet...

"Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Coming Back
Same spirit, but so much has changed, it'll likely have a different name"

http://www.torquenews.com/1084/next-...ts-green-light

http://www.motortrend.com/future/fut...n_coming_back/
Old Dec 17, 2014, 02:40 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Atta boys atta girls 135 horsepower and batteries
Old Jan 27, 2015, 06:23 PM
EvoM Community Team Leader

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
so the canadian 2015 evo gets a recaro?

http://www.mitsubishi-motors.ca/en/v...2015/features/
Old Jan 29, 2015, 07:10 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by sblvro
so the canadian 2015 evo gets a recaro?

http://www.mitsubishi-motors.ca/en/v...2015/features/
that's sad isn't it...and the 2015 US looks like a regular lancer now. Why they dumbed down the interior I can't understand.
Old Feb 5, 2015, 03:42 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Samdiver1974
Post in the other thread here also.
I believe this is closer to what the Evo XI will be like. if you compare to the concept version in XR PHEV Evolution in Gran Turismo 6, the wheel arch and front bumper lines match very closely.

What are your thoughts?
I definitely like the look of this design myself.

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/fu...successor.html Post #8
I like it
Old Feb 6, 2015, 01:03 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
looks good
Old Feb 22, 2015, 09:10 PM

It baffles me that we're at the apex of the turbo revolution, and the Evolution remains absent. Nissan reinvented itself as a successful sporty brand when they redesigned the entire line of cars to invoke the spirit of the 350Z in 2003-04. Damn near all cars in their lineup had the VQ V6. Why in the actual **** can't Mitsu do the same with the Evo now? There are Sonatas and Optimas with the SAME ****ING ENGINE, and people are eating them up. If Mitsu trimmed the fat, and focused on making quality cars that feel and drive like the flagship, the brand wouldn't suffer. Very frustrating. They don't need any hybrid, or **** like that. A lighter Evo with 350HP, 27MPG, and bad *** styling is what the brand needs to get asses in the dealerships. Then put a detuned version of that 2.0T in EVERY model with 'sporty' tuned suspension options, and mention it has 'the Evo engine' as a selling point. I mean ****, there are turbo Fords, Cadillacs, BMWs, and even Ferraris coming. Mitsu doesn't seem to understand who they are or how to market themselves to their audience. I hope they adopt a better business model.
Old Feb 22, 2015, 09:51 PM

The current CEO is a dick and loves Hybrids and doesn't like Motorsports, thinks it's a waste of time and money. That is the bottom line.

On the positive side, Mitsubishi engineering never stopped developing things for the next generation Evo and compromises have been made, and something is coming.
Old Feb 22, 2015, 11:22 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 128 Likes on 96 Posts
Originally Posted by Mr Ralliart
The current CEO is a dick and loves Hybrids and doesn't like Motorsports, thinks it's a waste of time and money. That is the bottom line.

Dang, it comes down to that? Actually, I'm not surprised.
Old Feb 23, 2015, 04:10 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by xking
It baffles me that we're at the apex of the turbo revolution, and the Evolution remains absent. Nissan reinvented itself as a successful sporty brand when they redesigned the entire line of cars to invoke the spirit of the 350Z in 2003-04. Damn near all cars in their lineup had the VQ V6. Why in the actual **** can't Mitsu do the same with the Evo now? There are Sonatas and Optimas with the SAME ****ING ENGINE, and people are eating them up. If Mitsu trimmed the fat, and focused on making quality cars that feel and drive like the flagship, the brand wouldn't suffer. Very frustrating. They don't need any hybrid, or **** like that. A lighter Evo with 350HP, 27MPG, and bad *** styling is what the brand needs to get asses in the dealerships. Then put a detuned version of that 2.0T in EVERY model with 'sporty' tuned suspension options, and mention it has 'the Evo engine' as a selling point. I mean ****, there are turbo Fords, Cadillacs, BMWs, and even Ferraris coming. Mitsu doesn't seem to understand who they are or how to market themselves to their audience. I hope they adopt a better business model.
I wish we were able to buy a low weight 4 door rocket of car (say under 3000 lbs) but sadly, these days are long gone. Regulations get tougher each year with, this means more airbags, more beams, soon to be backup cameras, tpms, more electronic assistance devices - wait for all cars to self park, etc. Think of the future of cars as a fatman in an all you can eat buffet... all this new technology looks good.

To play devils advocate here, Mitsubishi did do some good weigth reduction for the x - a lighter block, aluminum roof, aluminum front crash beam, battery went to the back, plastic valve cover (lol but this does reduce weight), but unfortunatly the final product was 250lbs heavier than the IX. If you are really interested in having a lighter car, the solution for this seems to now either buy an older car, or do weight reduction yourself. Check Chetrickermans weight reduction thread on his X...

http://www.evoxforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=66639

As far as increasing power, such as to get to 350hp, thankfully this can easily be done for relatively few $.

Last edited by steve0677; Feb 23, 2015 at 04:26 AM.
Old Feb 23, 2015, 06:40 AM
Evolving Member

On the positive side, Mitsubishi engineering never stopped developing things for the next generation Evo and compromises have been made, and something is coming.
Didn't he try placing his resignation? But got denied or something like (thinking of mr Masuko)
Old Feb 23, 2015, 12:56 PM
Evolved Member

Received 50 Likes on 46 Posts
Mitsubishi engineering never stopped developing things for the next generation Evo and compromises have been made, and something is coming.
Any links to where you are getting info that something is coming? I cannot find anything from Mitsubishi to get excited about.

Osamu Masuko has said time and time again that Mitsubishi is focusing on SUVs and electric cars.
http://www.carmagazine.co.uk/car-new...he-evos-dying/
Old Feb 25, 2015, 04:20 PM

The hybrid is the way of the future for high performance. Mitsu will actually be ahead of the curve. Have you seen the new McLaren? New Ferrari and Porsche? They are all hybrids.. the electric motor plus the gas motor is extraordinary. The electric motor fills in the power where the gas motor is lacking. There are a few episodes of Top Gear that cover this in depth. And they would be the first to criticize. If Mitsu is making the first "affordable" performance car with this technology, we have lots to look forward too. I bet this new car will be nothing like we are expecting.
Old Feb 25, 2015, 04:41 PM

Check out these batteries

Old Feb 26, 2015, 08:48 PM

I don't think that affordable battery powered performance cars are too far away, maybe that will be a good time for the EVO to come back.

Quick Reply: "Evo XI" rumors, speculations, and media reports.