Notices
Future Lancer / Evo Models Discuss any rumors and/or news concerning future Lancer and Evolution models in here.

2014 Lancer Evolution

Search this Thread

Old Dec 17, 2012, 11:46 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dissapointing indeed. Happy to at least have the car available. The buzz will really begin to build as we get details around the next gen car. The reasoning I got for us here in Canada is that they did not want the one year model year gap between cars so that is why they are producing a similar car for the 14. We have seen little changes in Canada with each year, (interior, exterior options ect.) so hopefully the 14 has something.. anything different than a 13.

I will do my best to keep prying for info on the new car and keep you guys updated as best as I can.

-Tristan
Old Dec 17, 2012, 01:39 PM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by tristanq
so hopefully the 14 has something.. anything different than a 13.
Well, as I've said they can't go wrong with Shelby method: horsepower sells cars
So extra 20hp shouldn't hurt anyone.
Old Dec 19, 2012, 05:02 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by sblvro
the current body style CZA started in 2008. so, we should not see a redesign until the 2015 year with a spyphoto in 2014. remember that the CT9A was sold until the 2007 MY worlwide.
And you never paid attention to the differences between the 8 and 9? Though somewhat subtle, there were changes to distinguish the models. There has been nary a change unless you want to talk about a slight sideskirt extension and the facia trim on the dash. Other than that, would you not say that the current body style is somewhat long in the tooth?
Old Dec 19, 2012, 08:32 AM

We are getting some special packages for the RVR and Lancer here in Canada to celebrate 10 years, so maybe they will tweak or add something for this last model 14 X. We dont have VIN's yet so even though we have ordered, they are not built. Nothing set in stone as of yet.
Old Dec 19, 2012, 03:17 PM

We are getting some special packages for the RVR and Lancer here in Canada to celebrate 10 years, so maybe they will tweak or add something for this last model 14 X. We dont have VIN's yet so even though we have ordered, they are not built. Nothing set in stone as of yet.
Hi Tristan, in your experience, how long does it take from when they release news that a model is being carried over to when the option choices/changes will be known?

For example, when they announced the 2013 would be back, how long did it take for you to find out there were no changes? Or did you find out just like the rest of us, through press releases?
Old Dec 21, 2012, 10:25 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Thegame
Yeah, but nothing on the x has changed at all. At least there were suttle changes on the vii and ix. The x has not changed one bit.
It is because the design of X is too good in the first place. It is really hard to find something to upgrade. That is a bad thing for business as most customers usually don't care what is upgraded under the hood.
Old Dec 21, 2012, 10:55 AM

And there were some small changes , valve cover material, center display visuals, interior trim on the doors, retuned exhaust note, different tune ect. Small things yes, but changes none the less.

Ryry,
I should know the exact options packages here by March.

Keep in mind I live in Canada and what would be available to me may not be available in California.
Old Dec 21, 2012, 11:32 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by richdegrave
Electric in a sports car lmao let's all just buy Prius to keep the government happy. The tax our taxs, tell us what kinda cars you have to pretty much buy cause they will tell the manufactur what to make. Sounds like communism to me.
Sounds like government to me. Communism is everyone driving Lancer RA's and nothing else.
Old Dec 21, 2012, 01:23 PM

eh, i like it
Old Dec 21, 2012, 01:24 PM

Originally Posted by mitlan
It is because the design of X is too good in the first place. It is really hard to find something to upgrade. That is a bad thing for business as most customers usually don't care what is upgraded under the hood.
all about looks for most
Old Dec 22, 2012, 10:47 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Roen
Sounds like government to me. Communism is everyone driving Lancer RA's and nothing else.
I think RA would follow the EVO's trend as well.
Old Dec 23, 2012, 09:50 AM

Ryry,
I should know the exact options packages here by March.

Keep in mind I live in Canada and what would be available to me may not be available in California.
Thanks Tristan. Since there wasn't an official press release, what are the chances that Mitsubishi will go back on this and discontinue the X for North America? I already read articles the X is history in the UK.

The reason I ask is I still see left over 2012s. It just seems odd they would announce they will bring back the EVO X for 2014 so early in the year. I think it might backfire and just cause poorer sales of the existing models. I know a handful of individuals that was set on getting a 2013 until they heard this and now wants see what the 2014 EVO X brings.

If they do some changes that people like, the interest in the 2013s is just going to drop.

My 2 cents.
Old Dec 23, 2012, 07:01 PM
Evolving Member

-__- if I would have known they were going to keep selling through 2014, I would have held out on buying my '12. Oh well...doesn't change the fact I love my car
Old Dec 23, 2012, 07:36 PM
Evolving Member

Best news ive heard in a long time, the evolution lives !!!
Old Dec 25, 2012, 07:07 PM
Evolved Member

they changed the sideskirts on the x.

Quick Reply: 2014 Lancer Evolution