Notices
Future Lancer / Evo Models Discuss any rumors and/or news concerning future Lancer and Evolution models in here.

2014 Lancer Evolution

Search this Thread

Old Dec 29, 2012, 02:44 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Tristan I do appreciate you telling us this but the fact of the matter is this will affect your sales on 2013 models believe it or not. People want the last year model, it tends to be the most wanted later on..
Old Dec 29, 2012, 06:05 AM

Originally Posted by SD_Lurker
Dealers are full of ****.. They tell you whatever it takes to get you to sign the papers. I was told my 2012 would be the last year X, go figure.... This is by Sam at South Coast..

Of course they are full of it. And I can remember a time in my life where I would tell a woman that she would be the last girl I would ever love also... if she believed it then hey whatever works right????

Tristan I do appreciate you telling us this but the fact of the matter is this will affect your sales on 2013 models believe it or not. People want the last year model, it tends to be the most wanted later on..
Not saying that you are wrong but cmon, its a car, there will be more 4 wheeled vehicles that will come after the Evo. Also to each his own but I don't understand wanting to buy the last model year for the Evo X, when people buy 8's and 9's I think a un-molested Evo will be sought after more than the last production year.

And as far as affecting sales, I think if the Evo X sold for another 2 years it would sell better if there were good deals to be had rather than jacking up the price because this is the last year of a cool car.
Old Dec 29, 2012, 07:06 AM
EvoM Community Team

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
If the 2014 is going to still be an Evo X, I would bet that a few things would be changed. First, we would probably get the newer MMCS which is already available in places like Australia. We might get some softer-touch plastics on the doors, center console, etc. We might get a small bump in power to maybe 310hp/320tq. Maybe some sort of LED front lights since every other car built today has them.
Old Dec 29, 2012, 08:36 AM

Again speaking from a Canadian perspective Mitsubishi will be around through 2013. I have heard the same rumors for Mitsu U.S. In Canada we are outselling brand like Acrua and Infinti and are up
.2% market share over same time last year. Our Canadian Mitsubishi is an arm of Mitsu Japan whereas Mitsubishi U.S is its own company. Whoever said Mitsubishi is screwing up as a company would be incorrect sales in all of the things they have hands in are doing just fine.

I agree people will want the last model year, like someone said people that bought 12's and 13's will still love and enjoy the cars they own. If people are buying the last model year of a vehicle to say it is the last model year on a car forum I dont think that is the right buying motive for a vehicle.

I have my fingers crossed just as much as the next enthusiast that we see a change to the car. It is funny that people say dealers are full of **** when the guy probably was under the assumption much like the rest of the world at the time that it would be the last year. And just because one guy is uneducated and may not pass on the correct info does not mean every person that works in that industry is the same or is someway way trying to be dishonest to you.

I started this thread with the intention of people maybe being happy if they were unable due to personal or financial issues pick up a 2013 they would have one more shot at a 2014 to still be the first owner of their dream car, and so you guys new what was coming.

I will continue to post videos for you guys as the cars specs come in.

-Tristan
Old Dec 29, 2012, 09:23 AM

Dealers are full of ****.. They tell you whatever it takes to get you to sign the papers. I was told my 2012 would be the last year X, go figure.... This is by Sam at South Coast..
I was in the same boat as you. I asked the sales to put in writing 2012 was the last year before I signed the papers and he refused, and guess what, a 2013 was announced weeks later. I did end up getting a 2013 with the assumption it was the last year based on the rumors circulating online...

Originally Posted by atombomb33
If the 2014 is going to still be an Evo X, I would bet that a few things would be changed. First, we would probably get the newer MMCS which is already available in places like Australia. We might get some softer-touch plastics on the doors, center console, etc. We might get a small bump in power to maybe 310hp/320tq. Maybe some sort of LED front lights since every other car built today has them.
I am not so sure about this. I've been reading up on the life cycles on various vehicles models and manufacturers. The trend is that usually when there are no changes from previous years, the next year you will see a trim being dropped. I think Mitsubishi is focused on cutting costs and being sensible on how they are selling vehicles. I wouldn't be surprised if in 2014 they would drop the Touring option on the MR, and just have the GSR and MR. In other countries I don't see a Touring option with a lip spoiler, I think that was done specifically for this market.

Think about the 3000GT, throughout its life they actually removed items from the car to cut costs, and introduced a SOHC V6 engine from the Dodge Stealth for its base model instead of keeping the DOHC V6. The RX-7 had its touring model dropped towards the end of its life cycle. I would be extremely surprised if they would invest more money to improve the EVO X.

Last edited by RyRy210; Dec 29, 2012 at 09:28 AM.
Old Dec 29, 2012, 10:13 AM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by RyRy210
I was in the same boat as you. I asked the sales to put in writing 2012 was the last year before I signed the papers and he refused, and guess what, a 2013 was announced weeks later. I did end up getting a 2013 with the assumption it was the last year based on the rumors circulating online...

I am not so sure about this. I've been reading up on the life cycles on various vehicles models and manufacturers. The trend is that usually when there are no changes from previous years, the next year you will see a trim being dropped. I think Mitsubishi is focused on cutting costs and being sensible on how they are selling vehicles. I wouldn't be surprised if in 2014 they would drop the Touring option on the MR, and just have the GSR and MR. In other countries I don't see a Touring option with a lip spoiler, I think that was done specifically for this market.
Touring is "lip spoiler" trim in US and its US only afaik.
IN EU GSR and MR are interior trim related instead of being transmission trim oriented(you can get both GSR and MR with manual/auto).
Old Dec 29, 2012, 05:16 PM

Originally Posted by PZ.eu
Touring is "lip spoiler" trim in US and its US only afaik.
IN EU GSR and MR are interior trim related instead of being transmission trim oriented(you can get both GSR and MR with manual/auto).
Thanks for confirming my previous post that the Touring option was only available in this market (US). However, the Touring is not just the lip spoiler, it includes a sunroof, more sound deadening, and other items (Items that old geezers like me would appreciate, but not necessarily for those who want performance).
Old Dec 29, 2012, 09:21 PM

thanks for the info...really wish mitsu would bring over options such as fq330, 360, and 400....
Old Jan 15, 2013, 11:33 PM

Originally Posted by Pr0t0type-X
thanks for the info...really wish mitsu would bring over options such as fq330, 360, and 400....

So do I but the gov is too hooked on hybrid & prius fever. I understand pollution and environment and all. But not everyone wants to drive something that sound like there kids tyco RC car.
Old Jan 16, 2013, 06:54 AM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Pr0t0type-X
Will never happen. +50K Lancer would never sell in the states. That's how people would see it. You seem to forget that car enthusiast like us are a dying breed. Wether your a classic car guy, muscle car or sports car guy, the new generation of kids don't seem to care. Thay are more concern about tech gadgets.
Old Jan 16, 2013, 09:20 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Mischief
So do I but the gov is too hooked on hybrid & prius fever. I understand pollution and environment and all. But not everyone wants to drive something that sound like there kids tyco RC car.
Well, RC car has a much faster acceleration in scale.
Old Jan 28, 2013, 07:40 AM
Evolved Member

any new info on 2014?

i am about to lease a 2013 and the dealer mentioned that the 2014 will start showing up around march, i just didnt ask if he knew of any changes from 2103 to 2014
Old Jan 28, 2013, 08:22 AM
EvoM Community Team

Received 62 Likes on 59 Posts
March would be out of character for . I'd look at least August / September.
Old Jan 28, 2013, 08:44 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by migs647
March would be out of character for . I'd look at least August / September.
My dealer told me he placed an order for a '14 already and it will be here in April. Seems early to me too but we'll see. Its not like really much will be changing if anything at all.
Old Jan 28, 2013, 09:31 AM
EvoM Community Team

Received 62 Likes on 59 Posts
Still seems a bit fishy, but I'll bite. Perhaps since it will be the last year they're getting production done and over with so they can start on the new ones.

Quick Reply: 2014 Lancer Evolution