Notices
Future Lancer / Evo Models Discuss any rumors and/or news concerning future Lancer and Evolution models in here.

2015 Lancer Evolution special edition model???

Search this Thread

Old Sep 11, 2014, 07:20 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
They already stated octane blue will be available on the evo.
Old Sep 11, 2014, 08:34 AM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I use my rear wiper all the time. Very handy.
Old Sep 11, 2014, 11:36 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Cosmic Starship
They already stated octane blue will be available on the evo.
Oh I see. Wasn't aware that they already stated.
Thanks!
Old Sep 12, 2014, 04:50 AM

Octane blu in Subaru style ? No !!
Old Nov 11, 2014, 09:40 PM

Can't wait
Old Nov 20, 2014, 09:00 PM

So, yes. Confirmed on Jalopnik today at LA Auto Show by VP Don Swearington:

'There are currently no plans for an Evo XI.

We do plan on launching a special edition in June/July of next year as a going away edition. It's a GSR 5-speed. More horsepower, some suspension tuning, and some bits pieces that are still being finalized. Around 2,000 units will be available.'

Something better than selling 2,000 units though, would be selling like, oh I don't know, maybe 50,000 and making them available now. Not sure why they're so averse to selling cars. Really seems like a minor tune and 'bits and pieces' was something that could have been done a while ago.
Old Nov 21, 2014, 06:30 PM
gtr
Evolved Member

Thanks for the info. If they said GSR 6 speed manual that would have been interesting. Hope the seats will be more special
Old Nov 22, 2014, 07:36 AM

If they're getting ready to launch a special edition and final year of the X, it serves absolutely no purpose to disclose any plans for a XI at this point to cannibalize sales.
Old Nov 22, 2014, 08:28 AM
Evolved Member

And the SE is evo x GSR 310 hp with K & N drop in filter
Old Nov 24, 2014, 01:38 AM

Originally Posted by gtr
Thanks for the info. If they said GSR 6 speed manual that would have been interesting. Hope the seats will be more special
I hope the seats are more special too however I am F****** done with Mitsubishi aside from the EVO VI, VIII, and IX!
They will undoubtedly ask 50k for this thing and now you are in an 8 year old car that gets s*** MPG and is IMO the worst EVO ever made.
If you like the X get an 08 drop 10k into it and beat the F*** out of that POS 15 in your nice Recaros. I however am getting a 2017WRX (face lift) (has numbers comperable to the EVO VIII Google it) and in 2024 Ill get a VI TME or RS

Last edited by rip03tarmac; Nov 24, 2014 at 01:57 AM. Reason: inaccurate data
Old Nov 24, 2014, 01:24 PM
gtr
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by rip03tarmac
I however am getting a 2017WRX (face lift) (has numbers comperable to the EVO VIII Google it)
Like the TTRS, CLA45 and M235x has comparable numbers but it doesn't drive like an evo. Does not have the road feel nor the accuracy.

It's easy to make a car go fast but to have the driving feel is another thing. Fiesta ST, GT3's, Lotus Elise are a few cars that has driving feel and I'm proud that the evo is a rare breed that has such a feel. The subaru feels mush. Mush steering and inacurrate steering. If it's faster I would still go Evo.
Old Nov 25, 2014, 04:04 AM

Wink

Originally Posted by gtr
Like the TTRS, CLA45 and M235x has comparable numbers but it doesn't drive like an evo. Does not have the road feel nor the accuracy.

It's easy to make a car go fast but to have the driving feel is another thing. Fiesta ST, GT3's, Lotus Elise are a few cars that has driving feel and I'm proud that the evo is a rare breed that has such a feel. The subaru feels mush. Mush steering and inacurrate steering. If it's faster I would still go Evo.
I completely agree with you on that front however as a daily driver I believe the WRX offers a better total package. I still intend to keep an Evo or 2 in my stable
Old Nov 25, 2014, 01:55 PM
gtr
Evolved Member

I completely agree with you on that front however as a daily driver I believe the WRX offers a better total package. I still intend to keep an Evo or 2 in my stable
I've had a 02 and 09 WRX and 2010 STI SE and 03, 05, 06 Evos. After owning the evo i'm just not a fan of the subaru since it's not as good except for interior quality. My buddy had a 04 STI and it seems my 2010 had steel hood, steel arms, and plastics over that 2004. The new 2015 should be on par with the evo in terms of lap times i think.

As for other choices depending on your budget you should test drive and consider...

1. New 2015 GTI since all magazine has excellent review but i never driven
2. 2015 Golf R
3. Audi S3
4. The upcoming Focus RS should be evo worthy?

Warantee is a nice thing. Toy car you can mod but, daily driver to work is all about reliability and fun to drive. I feel my choices above are better consider subaru insurance is as bad as evo's insurance in terms of full coverage. Something to think about.
Old Nov 27, 2014, 03:54 AM

"As for other choices depending on your budget you should test drive and consider...

1. New 2015 GTI since all magazine has excellent review but i never driven
2. 2015 Golf R
3. Audi S3
4. The upcoming Focus RS should be evo worthy?"

Thanks for lookin out. I am lost though on how you can say subaru steering is mush and then recommend 2 VWs and an Audi. I have an 02 2.5rs and had an 02 WRX and an 03 Evo as well as an 04 A4 and by far the most mushy car and vague steering was the VW/Audi. I am also a bit purist and refuse to be a flappy paddle conformist. While I appreciate the help I hate hatchbacks and truly believe for 30k there is no car in the new market that can out perform the WRX (Remember when the Evo was 30k? I do cuz bought one new in 03)

Back to topic a bit though, I did sign the petition and do hope Mits will pull thier head out and build a 30-40k sedan that weighs in around the WRX in the mean time maybe this 2015 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X GSR Super Special Sauce Edition will be one worth owning.

Last edited by rip03tarmac; Nov 27, 2014 at 03:56 AM. Reason: forgot quote
Old Nov 29, 2014, 09:53 PM
Evolving Member

I hope the seats are more special too however I am F****** done with Mitsubishi aside from the EVO VI, VIII, and IX!
They will undoubtedly ask 50k for this thing and now you are in an 8 year old car that gets s*** MPG and is IMO the worst EVO ever made.
If you like the X get an 08 drop 10k into it and beat the F*** out of that POS 15 in your nice Recaros. I however am getting a 2017WRX (face lift) (has numbers comperable to the EVO VIII Google it) and in 2024 Ill get a VI TME or RS
A lot of anger here at Mitsubishi for their general attitude for the Evo X and I am too angry at how they've treated the car and ultimately their Evo customers. Unless they are holding back some information there is no compelling reason to buy that special edition given the so called "enhancements" unless you're betting on "collector value" down the road. I feel like Mitsubishi is trying to go out with a bang by offering us a BJ when in reality we've been dabbling with **** stars for the past 6 years.

Quick Reply: 2015 Lancer Evolution special edition model???