Notices
Discussion / Rumors The rumored Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution XI. .What have you heard? What do you think?

Will we have EVO11?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 12, 2016, 12:47 AM
Evolving Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Nickolai
Same in my area (NYC suburbs).

Also, the closest Mitsubishi dealership is about 45 minutes away from me and I pass probably 4 Subaru dealerships to get there. :\
I live close to Denver/Boulder, Subaru capitals of the world. I no joke see about 10-15 WRX/STIs a day in my 60 minute commute back and forth.

None of them ever wave back at me. As a former WRX owner, I can kinda understand. I was scared of Evos back then.
Old Nov 28, 2016, 10:31 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by youra6
I live close to Denver/Boulder, Subaru capitals of the world. I no joke see about 10-15 WRX/STIs a day in my 60 minute commute back and forth.

None of them ever wave back at me. As a former WRX owner, I can kinda understand. I was scared of Evos back then.
I can never get a wave from them either haha. Probably start to get worried when they see a EVO.
Old Nov 29, 2016, 09:33 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It would be nice to see another Evo
Old Nov 29, 2016, 09:37 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
With Nissan taking controlling shares of MMC...there is a chance the Evo may come back but I wouldn't hold your breath. Strategically the smart thing to do is get Mitsubishi profitable again and gain market share which will most likely be alot of SUV, CUV offerings along with the successful Mirage as a really packaged filled affordable entry level fuel effecient vehicle. If not...Mitsubishi will be a bleeding wound of the Renault/Nissan/Mitsubishi alliance.

Once Mitsubishi is profitable again there is a chance we will see a reintroduction of a performance based Mitsubishi platform (Most likely sharing a Renault/Nissan chassis) either in a performance coupe or sedan or even both.

Nissan/Renault main interest in Mitsubishi is their strong presence in the Asian/European and South American markets with their Pajero and Triton vehicles where Nissan is weak and also Mitsubishi's EV tech, AWD tech and CVT/SST tech. Mitsubishi has great technology R&D but unfortunately don't have the $$$ to create a whole new platforms in house.
Old Jan 5, 2017, 04:17 AM

Originally Posted by youra6

haha, your not alone
Old Jan 20, 2017, 03:29 PM
Evolving Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
As engine sizes across all boards drop due to stricter CO2 emissions regulations enacted by several countries around the globe, I can't imagine many compact sedans and coupes having much more than 2.0l engines in all but the highest-end cars. IF an Evolution were to show itself, I would look to the car having a hybrid power train, with an engine in the size of around 1.5l, with a very small turbo, and FWD. A hybrid system may power the rear wheels to still make the car AWD, and simplify the power train by separating it. That would also allow the vehicle to be more fuel efficient, with less driveline drag than a typical AWD system. It sounds boring, and I'm not interested if this turns out to be the case. *This whole post is purely my speculation and I have absolutely no proof to back any of this up.
Old Mar 9, 2017, 06:06 PM

Well it was great while it lasted...gonna keep my Evo3 forever now!!!
Old Mar 13, 2017, 06:31 PM
Evolved Member

I hope the new alliance with Nissan will bring back the EVO.
Old Mar 17, 2017, 06:28 PM
Evolved Member

Received 29 Likes on 28 Posts
Originally Posted by TwiNpnOy84
I hope the new alliance with Nissan will bring back the EVO.
I'm accepting the fact that if there is a Evo 11, it's be a crossover.
Old Mar 18, 2017, 05:07 AM
Evolving Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
I personally would like to see the Evolution take a hiatus of 15-20 years, then come back as a fully electric AWD sedan when electric powertrains becomes more viable. I like the idea of a rally bred sedan with instant AWD torque!
Old Mar 18, 2017, 09:56 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by moparfan
I'm accepting the fact that if there is a Evo 11, it's be a crossover.
Don't look now, but the EVO X had many similarities to the Outlander. One reason the EVO in general was able to exist was because it was based on a high volume model (the Lancer), so it could share many parts and generate a profit without being completely unique, which cost too much. The most popular selling model in the past several years has been SUV's and crossovers, so it makes sense to base an upscale performance version on the best seller. EVO + SUV = bastard child.

Originally Posted by drive955i
I personally would like to see the Evolution take a hiatus of 15-20 years, then come back as a fully electric AWD sedan when electric powertrains becomes more viable. I like the idea of a rally bred sedan with instant AWD torque!
I don't think it'll take that long. Remember when Mitsu developed a pure electric vehicle to race on Pikes Peak in 2012-2014? It placed 2nd overall! IMHO that could have been the beginning of development for the next gen sports hybrid or sports electric, except Mitsu ran into financial trouble, the mass produced MiEV didn't sell well, plus they were well ahead of the curve and the market (us) wasn't ready to accept a radical new power source.

Looking back, what would you think of that car now?
MiEV EVO3
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mitsubishi_MiEV_Evolution
Old Mar 18, 2017, 10:27 AM
Evolved Member

Received 133 Likes on 112 Posts
Car manufactures today could produce a giant turd and people would buy it. The truth is the evo should have been done after 2012. They produced way too many X's. They need to stop before they ruin it's legacy. I hope they learn that. Example, Toyotas new supra is an abomination. Their customer base must be blind to even be interested in dropping a penny for that car.
Old Mar 20, 2017, 09:26 AM

i doubt its even going to come.
Old Apr 14, 2017, 11:19 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I could see a release of a JDM vehicle, but Mitsu seems to be abandoning production outside of Japan
Old Apr 15, 2017, 10:26 AM
Evolving Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
The fact is... now that the evo isn't produced anymore... our cars are more rare/exclusive more then ever... and as time goes on the value on our cars will rise..the only problem is that the parts will become harder to find..😩

Quick Reply: Will we have EVO11?