Notices
Future Lancer / Evo Models Discuss any rumors and/or news concerning future Lancer and Evolution models in here.

Evo FE or Evo X ?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 6, 2016, 06:41 PM
Evolved Member

Received 47 Likes on 37 Posts
Originally Posted by razorlab
Exactly, I think if you sit and think with a level head and compare it to a base 2015 GSR (both do not have recaros)

Base 2015 GSR: $34,495 MSRP

2015 FE: $37,995 MSRP

For an extra $3,500 you get:

HID headlights
Bilstein / eibach suspension
two piece front rotors
Sodium filled exhaust valves
Custom FE color wheels
Black Painted roof panel
FE Red stitching interior
Cubby doors in piano black
Piano black front grille trim
FAST key
Black headliner, pillars, sun visors, and assist handles

To upgrade to JUST match the HID's and Fast key on the GSR would cost you $2,000

So basically you are getting all the other stuff for an additional $1,500

Seems like a deal to me.

It's amazing what a calm and collected view can do for reality.
he is absolutely right. Between the new GSR and the FE , the FE is not a hard choice. Even over the MR, unless you are really really prefer the SST.
Old Mar 7, 2016, 09:25 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Very true. I'm doing a mini fe interior swap and I'm already at 2k. And I didn't have hid or fast key.
Old Mar 11, 2016, 05:08 PM

Originally Posted by recioperu
I am thinking about purchasing the RR FE but the price is quite elevated, and the Evo X looks much better inside... what are your thoughts.? ty
I was in the same situation as you when I bought my car. I live in Canada so I get the recaros either way. Here in Canada the Base Evo in $41,998 and the FE is $49,498. Now I know the US and Canadian market don't get the same packages so here is how I decided on my car. Base car $41,998 + handling package $3000 (My car) = $44,998. Handling package gave me the Bilsteins and eibach, 2 piece rotors, no sunroof = aluminum roof, BBS wheels. Seeing how the FE had all the same stuff plus some stuff I didn't care for I opted not to spend the extra $4500 when the handling package gave me everything I wanted. It seems like in the US it is well worth the $3500 difference in price but comparing base Evo to the FE here it's an additional $8500 so to me it wasn't worth it. The extra hp can be made up with an intake and exhaust. I have yet to add either as I am under warranty and don't want to tune the car.

I'm sure you will choose the right car. GL
Old Mar 31, 2016, 03:17 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Newby81
I was in the same situation as you when I bought my car. I live in Canada so I get the recaros either way. Here in Canada the Base Evo in $41,998 and the FE is $49,498. Now I know the US and Canadian market don't get the same packages so here is how I decided on my car. Base car $41,998 + handling package $3000 (My car) = $44,998. Handling package gave me the Bilsteins and eibach, 2 piece rotors, no sunroof = aluminum roof, BBS wheels. Seeing how the FE had all the same stuff plus some stuff I didn't care for I opted not to spend the extra $4500 when the handling package gave me everything I wanted. It seems like in the US it is well worth the $3500 difference in price but comparing base Evo to the FE here it's an additional $8500 so to me it wasn't worth it. The extra hp can be made up with an intake and exhaust. I have yet to add either as I am under warranty and don't want to tune the car.

I'm sure you will choose the right car. GL

i also live in canada. i purchased my car in edmonton. John is correct on the prices in ontario. the FE at the dealership i bought my evo from had them marked at 51k. mind you they had 7-8 of them. seems like there is even more in calgary. i know there is one dealership in particular that has 10-12 FE's.

i ended up going with the GSR premium. which is the GSR Handling package plus upgraded sound system and sunroof. costs $2000 more however 2015 is the only year this trim level was offered.

The FE costs another $3500 more than the GSR premium and all you get is red stitching on seats, couple badges, and 12 more HP. is it worth it? personally i dont think so but i dont value saying i own a FE.

in my opinion the GSR premium is the best bang for your buck. as long as you dont buy a base model gsr you made the right decision.
Old Apr 2, 2016, 11:46 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I have a FE. Love it minus the no recaros option. No worries, they will most liekyl be swapped out soon. The black options look a lot better imo.
HP is it worth it? Probably not. Most likely you will have it "tuned" which will up the power.
Old Apr 9, 2016, 05:52 PM
EvoM Community Team Leader

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
any idea how much a recaro front seats would cost? in canadian dollars?
Old Apr 9, 2016, 08:01 PM

There was a set for sale locally to me for $1100CAD I believe.
Old Apr 14, 2016, 12:11 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 51 Likes on 44 Posts
I'd buy a used one that has Recaro's