Notices
General Engine Management / Tuning Forum Discuss general EMS tuning concepts that do not pertain to a specfic brand or product.

FC Datalogit

Search this Thread

Old Nov 4, 2007, 04:06 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
FC Datalogit

Any one Try the FC Datalogit and how is the unit compatible with the PowerFC. Please comment on what are the Good stuff that you feel about this unit and what are not...

any comment are welcome...
Old Nov 5, 2007, 04:05 AM

Originally Posted by gtm_maxwell
Any one Try the FC Datalogit and how is the unit compatible with the PowerFC. Please comment on what are the Good stuff that you feel about this unit and what are not...

any comment are welcome...
I use it, never used anything else with the power FC but its awesome.

Pretty much plug and play, had a few problems getting it to connect the first time, but then figured it out myself. The aftersales isn't very good.

But the unit and ease of use do more than make up for this.
Old Nov 5, 2007, 03:56 PM

Originally Posted by RickyLee53
I use it, never used anything else with the power FC but its awesome.

Pretty much plug and play, had a few problems getting it to connect the first time, but then figured it out myself. The aftersales isn't very good.

But the unit and ease of use do more than make up for this.
What is the best things are the unit FC DATALOGIT, that you find it very usefull?

Do you do the tunning on the Dyno or On Road?. The FC can display Knock how usefull is that when you install and tune?

it display any error when the sensor have problem...?.

Old Nov 6, 2007, 09:08 PM

have a read of the power fc faq
http://paulr33.skylinesaustralia.com...owerfc-faq.htm

it covers datalogit in detail and its use
Old Nov 7, 2007, 05:25 AM

Originally Posted by gtm_maxwell
What is the best things are the unit FC DATALOGIT, that you find it very usefull?

Do you do the tunning on the Dyno or On Road?. The FC can display Knock how usefull is that when you install and tune?

it display any error when the sensor have problem...?.

I use it on the road.

It displays knock in the same grid that your fuel tables and ignition tables are, the only smallest of small niggles is that its in a different window, so you find yourself flicking from screen to screen(you'l notice this when you get it, probably won't know what i mean now)

Anyway, basically it logs everything you want, from knock to my most useful wideband reading, you can connect your innovate LC1 straight to the box, couple of quick calibration settings to change and you have a full logging system of everything you want.

I rate it very highly, the Power FC isn't seen my many as the best ECU, but for its versitality and with the addition of dataloggit, i can't see me changing mine any time soon.
Old Nov 7, 2007, 02:40 PM
Evolved Member

Location: Work - New York, Alaska, Mexico or the Caribbean. -Home - Tx Hill Country
FC Datalogit is a great tool. It is the easiest way to tune the PFC, short of having the Power Accel (sp?) software. I recently switched to the new Universal version of the software and like it even more.

Map Watch mentioned above is one of my favorite features. You can log any sensor, including knock and your wide band, in the 20 x 20 grid. You know exactly what cell is giving you knock or running too lean/ rich.
Old Nov 7, 2007, 04:12 PM

Originally Posted by robertrinaustin
FC Datalogit is a great tool. It is the easiest way to tune the PFC, short of having the Power Accel (sp?) software. I recently switched to the new Universal version of the software and like it even more.

Map Watch mentioned above is one of my favorite features. You can log any sensor, including knock and your wide band, in the 20 x 20 grid. You know exactly what cell is giving you knock or running too lean/ rich.
Wow good review... About the Tunning Do you do it on the Rd or Dyno?
Old Nov 9, 2007, 07:18 AM
Evolved Member

Location: Work - New York, Alaska, Mexico or the Caribbean. -Home - Tx Hill Country
I use both the dyno and road for tuning. It was set up on the dyno and then fine tuned on the road. I really prefer to do the drivability (low load cells) tuning on the road and only fine tune the high load cells on the road.
Old Nov 11, 2007, 10:30 AM

Originally Posted by robertrinaustin

If you "save as" first on the map watch bit, you can then go to any other sensor and see what they were doing on the same time. If you just change the dropdown box you loose your data, just 1 of those little niggles but really it is a niggle rather than a problem.

Whats this other software, i.e. where can i get it from?
Old Nov 18, 2007, 02:17 AM

where is the best place

Where will be the best place to shop for this FC Datalogit... any Second hand?

Old Nov 18, 2007, 07:10 AM
Evolved Member

You might give the guys at rx7.com a call. They may know someone wanting to sale a Datalogit.