Notices
General Engine Management / Tuning Forum Discuss general EMS tuning concepts that do not pertain to a specfic brand or product.

OFFICIAL VIPEC THREAD - V44 PnP & V88 Thread

Old Sep 30, 2012, 02:25 PM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
OFFICIAL VIPEC THREAD - V44 PnP & V88 Thread

I'm making this thread to compile vipec users tips, pointers, setups, calibrations, layouts, etc.

I will start adding content soon. 11/20/12

Last edited by R/TErnie; Nov 20, 2012 at 03:40 PM.
Old Sep 30, 2012, 02:26 PM
Evolved Member

reserved for posts
Old Sep 30, 2012, 02:26 PM
Evolved Member

reserved for posts 1
Old Nov 19, 2012, 08:42 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have the plugin version VPE9 for Evo 9. I've had in my car for 3 years now. Has many features , Anti-Lag, Launch Control, Limiters and Safety's etc.. but my favourite has to be the realtime tuning !

Most people don't know how easy it is to get tuned remotely live ! just have the tuner log in remotely via wifi and within couples hours your car is road tuned !
Old Nov 24, 2012, 08:26 PM
Evolved Member

Where is it at Ernie?????? Slacker lol jk
Old Nov 24, 2012, 11:37 PM
Evolved Member

Yeah Yeah yeah... I'm working on it
Old Nov 25, 2012, 09:14 AM
Evolved Member

Have you looked at the ProEFI 128? seems pretty cool. I just got done looking at the site and the flex fuel capabilities
Old Nov 25, 2012, 04:07 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 41 Likes on 40 Posts
Just downloaded the VPS. Im surley impressed by the capability of this ECU. We use it on our snowmobile but I dont do much tuning there. Ive been interested in a v44 pnp for a long time... and going thru the VPS makes me want even more.

Is there a Base cal for an Evo 9 out there?
Old Nov 26, 2012, 06:56 AM
Evolved Member

I have 2 different ones.... That I've verified/validated.
Old Nov 26, 2012, 06:29 PM
Evolving Member

Bump.....

If you change your logging settings, remember to save the map right after, that way your settings will be saved and you dont have 30+mb logs.

You can set your closed loop Lamba up to work at all times, correcting even under WOT. Works pretty well. Didnt think it would, but it does. Set my AFR using the mixture map, then keeping it closed loop it will keep your AFR pretty much matched to your AFR map.

You can use a 4D/5D map to control gear based timing or fuel. Use this on my MINI, havent gave it a try on the Evo yet but I will one day.

Traction control works using slip calculation, and timing reduction. Havent messed with it a ton but what I have done has worked pretty well.

The Flex fuel is pretty awesome once setup right. Works perfectly.

Setting up a Ethrottle on the Vipec is a pain in the ***.

Now a couple questions.

Being I just got around to installing the Vipec in my EVO today, has anybody had a problem with the fan just staying on when using the stock fan control. Like never turning off. As soon as you turn the key to on, I was thinking about getting rid of it and just wiring it in without the fan control.

Anybody have the clutch switch working, I changed it from pin 43 to pin 44 this is DI 5 and still no go, messed with the settings and it still wouldnt pick it up.
Old Nov 26, 2012, 06:35 PM
Evolved Member

wow ok so this has all of the same capabilities as what I previously mentioned. Thanks for posting that, very useful
Old Nov 26, 2012, 06:42 PM
Evolving Member

We had the Fan issue at first, R/T Ernie was able to fix it...works perfect now !
Old Nov 26, 2012, 06:48 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by mullen
wow ok so this has all of the same capabilities as what I previously mentioned. Thanks for posting that, very useful
Yeah the E85 stuff works very well. For the most part just like PEFI. You set up how much fuel you want to add and timing, according to the amount of E in the system. Its best to use the duel table in overlay mode for this as it gives more resolution. It also gives you the ability to add more fuel then you could just using a 4D/5D overlay table.

Its VERY fast acting. A lot of features in the Vipec. I have done other things with it also with the tables and other GP (General Purpose) rev limits and outputs....Also has a virtual aux, pretty nice if you want to setup the knock light on the check engine light, among other things.

Originally Posted by GBAILEY472
We had the Fan issue at first, R/T Ernie was able to fix it...works perfect now !
I was going to set it up as a PWM output and see what happens. It was just wierd because I couldn't get the damn thing to shut off. I turned it to off in the Vipec under AUX 1 settings and the thing was still going full boar.
Old Nov 26, 2012, 08:38 PM
Evolved Member

The fan being on is 1 of 2 problems.

A) you need to change the polarity
B) you have it selected on the wrong output!!!

I bet it's b) like gary's car. I'll look and see what the stock outputs were for the ac & rad fans
Old Nov 26, 2012, 09:00 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by R/TErnie
The fan being on is 1 of 2 problems.

A) you need to change the polarity
B) you have it selected on the wrong output!!!

I bet it's b) like gary's car. I'll look and see what the stock outputs were for the ac & rad fans
I looked up the pinouts. So I know its on the right one. Cooling fan goes to the AUX 1 pin on the Vipec. I will have to mess with polarity. I basically just got it all in, turned the car on, changed some stuff and turned it off. I was done messing with it at the moment.

Let me know what you come up with. I might have it on the wrong output. Like I said I didnt mess with it to much, and I just used the "stock" setting on the Vipec.

Also my fuel pump was on the wrong output in the Vipec. It is on ignition three, I believe it shipped on Injector 5

Last edited by llabmik2; Nov 26, 2012 at 09:03 PM.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: OFFICIAL VIPEC THREAD - V44 PnP & V88 Thread