Notices
General Engine Management / Tuning Forum Discuss general EMS tuning concepts that do not pertain to a specfic brand or product.

ECU advancing more than the map shows?! Help needed.

Search this Thread

Old Mar 26, 2015, 07:31 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ECU advancing more than the map shows?! Help needed.

Hi everyone,

My tuner has left me high and dry, and ASP in autocross basically mandates E85 to be competitive, so here I am, tuning in ethanol myself.

I searched for this problem, and couldn't find anything. I also could be an idiot missing something obvious.

I've scaled injectors, gotten the trims rad (in my opinion), and was working on my fuel maps to get my AFRs dialed, and I noticed something really odd to me. My logged timing numbers are about +5 degrees from where they are on the map!!!

My timing maps are VERY conservative for doing this, as I wanted to save the timing adjustment to when I'm on the dyno. At least most of it. But this makes me worry a LOT. EGR advance is all zero, that was the only thing I could think could drive this.

Attached you will find a log, tune, and picture exactly like the one below. See the highlighted cell? See how my map says to be at 3 and the log shows 10?

Reward for help available. You get me the fix tonight and I'll gladly send paypal gifts to you. Seriously. Even if the answer is something I should have seen in Merlins guide or the thousands of threads I've read through.

Thanks in advance! (haha get it? ADVANCE??? I guess right now isn't the TIME to make timing puns...)

Attached Thumbnails ECU advancing more than the map shows?! Help needed.-wtf.jpg  
Attached Files
File Type: bin
E85 b6.bin (512.0 KB, 0 views)
Old Mar 26, 2015, 07:36 PM

OH!

Evo 9 MR

Mods are:

Divorced recirculated DP and 3" TBE, ID1000s, Walbro, FP ported compressor cover, LICP,FP intake and 3 port.

Alt maps are my 91 maps, and normal maps are whats being worked on for E85. Yes, worked on. They aren't perfect yet by any means.
Old Mar 28, 2015, 12:03 PM

So, it seems i must be logging loads that are higher than what the ECU is following. The timing curve seems to be offset, but possibly by a logarithmic offset, as it isn't perfectly consistent.

I have 2 byte load "working", though showing ridiculous values. That doesn't help.