Notices
General Engine Management / Tuning Forum Discuss general EMS tuning concepts that do not pertain to a specfic brand or product.

Tuning WOT

Search this Thread

Old Nov 3, 2016, 06:45 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Tuning WOT

So i ordered a tactrix cable to tune my evo due to the fact of it running a 10.0 afr at WOT. the problem is im not sure how to adjust it perfectly. i do know its in the high octane fuel map but thats about it. ive got a megan racing 3" tbe and a aem intake and just dont want to wash out my engine.
Old Nov 3, 2016, 07:09 PM
Evolved Member

Received 89 Likes on 88 Posts
E85 or 91?
Old Nov 3, 2016, 07:10 PM
Evolved Member

If your going pig rich all of a sudden you might have a boost leak.
Old Nov 3, 2016, 07:45 PM

I'll have to check first thing in the morning for leaks. Boost is reading pretty normal though. but it's on 91 I was gonna have it dyno tuned on e85 when I get the injectors the fuel pump a bigger turbo etc. but in reality the only tuner around me is 2 hours away and is pretty expensive. so I was just gonna use ecuflash
Old Nov 3, 2016, 07:47 PM
Evolved Member

Was the car running good AFR before?

What are your Fuel trim readings through evo scan?

Is there any exhaust stream leaks you can hear?

Read and read and read as much as you can here on the ecuflash section.

Let us know
Old Nov 4, 2016, 05:04 AM

My tactic cable is being delivered today I'll send a screenshot of my map and no exaust leaks it seems to have been like this since I've bought the car about 3 months ago
Old Nov 4, 2016, 08:56 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Ev0la
My tactic cable is being delivered today I'll send a screenshot of my map and no exaust leaks it seems to have been like this since I've bought the car about 3 months ago
Remember the turbo is a compressor and will boost 40 psi, In other words it is capable of still making target boost and have a leak.

Once you have performed a boost leak test your first step would be to monitor your fuel trims.

ltft
low
mid
high stays 0 always
and stft 02 sensor feedback this is current 02 sensor activity and should be cycling rich lean +- 5
Old Nov 4, 2016, 07:34 PM

Originally Posted by 4b11slayer
Remember the turbo is a compressor and will boost 40 psi, In other words it is capable of still making target boost and have a leak.

Once you have performed a boost leak test your first step would be to monitor your fuel trims.

ltftv
low
mid
high stays 0 always
and stft 02 sensor feedback this is current 02 sensor activity and should be cycling rich lean +- 5
ok I'm going to start a boost leak test tomorrow. I was watching my afr today and now it's running 11 to about 10.5 I turned my boost down to 17 pounds with my manual boost controller
Old Nov 4, 2016, 11:25 PM
Evolved Member

11 is ok for 91
Old Nov 5, 2016, 11:47 AM
Evolved Member

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts
All of the info you'll need for this is in the intro to tuning threads. 4B11slayer is correct in directing you to do a boost leak check. From there the only table you're going to work with for the issue you described is the high octane fuel map. Log your car, specifically your wideband, load and rpm. And then begin to pull fuel out of the areas of the high octane fuel map that are relevant to your area of concern. To do that you increase the numerical value in your high octane fuel map. Do this in small increments until you have the desired results.

Last edited by Tuxevo; Nov 5, 2016 at 12:04 PM.
Old Nov 5, 2016, 12:26 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Tuxevo
All of the info you'll need for this is in the intro to tuning threads. 4B11slayer is correct in directing you to do a boost leak check. From there the only table you're going to work with for the issue you described is the high octane fuel map. Log your car, specifically your wideband, load and rpm. And then begin to pull fuel out of the areas of the high octane fuel map that are relevant to your area of concern. To do that you increase the numerical value in your high octane fuel map. Do this in small increments until you have the desired results.
Any one know how to make high octane map have proper shape and ramps and smooth transition? Less variances in afr.
?
Old Nov 5, 2016, 04:18 PM

Originally Posted by Tuxevo
I understand now thank you so much I really appreciate it.
Old Nov 6, 2016, 05:46 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 153 Likes on 116 Posts
Originally Posted by 4b11slayer
Any one know how to make high octane map have proper shape and ramps and smooth transition? Less variances in afr.
?
Use this https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ec...t-version.html
The following users liked this post:
4b11slayer (Nov 6, 2016)