Notices
General Engine Management / Tuning Forum Discuss general EMS tuning concepts that do not pertain to a specfic brand or product.

EVOSCAN problems?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 12, 2017, 07:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up EVOSCAN problems?

Hey guys, im having some trouble logging with EVOSCAN 2.9 with my 04 JDM Evo 8 MR.
I have read some similar threads however nothing has answered my problems yet as most of them found no solution or are for EVO X owners using the wrong ECU drop down boxes.

I able to connect to evoscan successfully, however the data flickers around random numbers that are not meaningful or correct at all. e.g. TPS flickers between 30 and 60% at idle.

I use win10 with NET framework 3.5 on parralells with 1.3u openport cable. Evoscan is set on: Openport 1.3 Mitsubishi MUTTIII EFI and the evo 7/8/9 drop down box.

I have tried using various versions of evoscan and also windows 7 on another laptop with no progress. I am able to flash the car with ecuflash, however i'm still having trouble logging.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated
Old Feb 15, 2017, 07:59 PM

The car is also running the tephra mod maps, and i have read a few threads regarding copying correct .xml files into EVOSCAN data settings to log properly, however, i cant find any information on what i need for a JDM Evo8 (96260009) ROM ID.
Old Feb 17, 2017, 02:05 PM
Silver Sponsor

Received 20 Likes on 10 Posts
Yep I have seen this before, here is the fix.

• Plug in the 1.3U cable to the laptop
• Open windows start menu, in the search Type “device manager” and open it
• Scroll down to the end under “Universal Serial Bus controllers” expand it out.
• Right Click the OpenPort 1.3U and select “Uninstall”, tick “delete drivers”, and press OK
• UNPLUG the usb cable.
• now go to My Computer and go down to this folder C:\Program Files (x86)\EvoScan\EvoScan v2.9\USB Drivers\openport 1.3\
• double click “DPInst” and install the drivers, wait till that’s finished.
• now wait another 10 seconds, and then plug in the USB cable.
• now wait another 60 seconds, and then open EvoScan, and plug it to the car and try it out  check that Battery Voltage reads around 12volts, and the throttle sensor reads.
• now open EcuFlash and plug into the car and make sure you can read the ROM, and browse the Fuel table check it looks good.

send me an email if you would like me to teamviewer your PC and install it all up and running for you. cheers, Hamish. hamish [at] evoscan.com
The following 2 users liked this post by evoscan:
Jhutterer (Nov 6, 2019), Kieran Fercher (Feb 17, 2017)
Old Feb 17, 2017, 09:28 PM

Originally Posted by evoscan
Yep I have seen this before, here is the fix.

• Plug in the 1.3U cable to the laptop
• Open windows start menu, in the search Type “device manager” and open it
• Scroll down to the end under “Universal Serial Bus controllers” expand it out.
• Right Click the OpenPort 1.3U and select “Uninstall”, tick “delete drivers”, and press OK
• UNPLUG the usb cable.
• now go to My Computer and go down to this folder C:\Program Files (x86)\EvoScan\EvoScan v2.9\USB Drivers\openport 1.3\
• double click “DPInst” and install the drivers, wait till that’s finished.
• now wait another 10 seconds, and then plug in the USB cable.
• now wait another 60 seconds, and then open EvoScan, and plug it to the car and try it out  check that Battery Voltage reads around 12volts, and the throttle sensor reads.
• now open EcuFlash and plug into the car and make sure you can read the ROM, and browse the Fuel table check it looks good.

send me an email if you would like me to teamviewer your PC and install it all up and running for you. cheers, Hamish. hamish [at] evoscan.com

Thankyou! The drivers now worked perfectly for ecuflash on windows, however Evoscan is now reading mostly 0 numbers and the numbers do not respond to the car at all

Last edited by Kieran Fercher; Feb 21, 2017 at 02:56 AM.
Old Feb 21, 2017, 09:02 PM
Silver Sponsor

Received 20 Likes on 10 Posts
FIXED: updated Kieran to these drivers and it fixed the 0 numbers and ecuid 0000.

http://www.evoscan.com/drivers/openport1.3drivers.zip
Old Jun 8, 2017, 05:12 PM

Originally Posted by evoscan
FIXED: updated Kieran to these drivers and it fixed the 0 numbers and ecuid 0000.

http://www.evoscan.com/drivers/openport1.3drivers.zip

I am having the same issues. My evoscan connects and disconnects randomly. I cannot data log at all. I updated all the drivers the way you have said. I tried different baud rates. even tried uninstalling reinstalling, uninstalling and installing an older evoscan 2.7 to no help.... I would really like to get this up and working since I paid for it. please help me get this going. we can set up a teamviewer if needed. I just wanna be able to log my car and start tuning before something happens to it from it being my daily. thank you.
Old Jun 25, 2017, 10:22 AM

I'm having issues too, tried multiple laptops, verison of evo scan, and drivers. Followed all instuctions, I replaced a Tratrix that went bad after 10 years with an evo scan cable, and have had no luck. Is this issue common with the 1.3U cables from Evo Scan, others have the same symptoms? I also opened a ticket with Evo Scan with no response for over a week, now I'm loosing hope.
Old Jul 7, 2017, 08:38 AM
Evolved Member

Received 194 Likes on 182 Posts
Originally Posted by Mark_L
I'm having issues too, tried multiple laptops, verison of evo scan, and drivers. Followed all instuctions, I replaced a Tratrix that went bad after 10 years with an evo scan cable, and have had no luck. Is this issue common with the 1.3U cables from Evo Scan, others have the same symptoms? I also opened a ticket with Evo Scan with no response for over a week, now I'm loosing hope.
Did you uninstall the usb driver that Windows automatically installed and then manually install the 1.3U with evoscan's driver? That worked for me.

Last edited by 2006EvoIXer; Jul 7, 2017 at 08:52 AM.
Old Jul 8, 2017, 06:46 AM

Originally Posted by Mark_L
same issues as everyones posted? My issue was very stupid and over looked which made NO SENSE. But i was trying to data log too many options at once. I unchecked all the boxes in evoscan and tried to log 6 of them and it connected and has been working ever since.
Old Jul 8, 2017, 11:57 AM
kaj
EvoM Community Team Leader

Received 812 Likes on 677 Posts
Originally Posted by Bewstzalot
I am having the same issues. My evoscan connects and disconnects randomly. I cannot data log at all. I updated all the drivers the way you have said. I tried different baud rates. even tried uninstalling reinstalling, uninstalling and installing an older evoscan 2.7 to no help.... I would really like to get this up and working since I paid for it. please help me get this going. we can set up a teamviewer if needed. I just wanna be able to log my car and start tuning before something happens to it from it being my daily. thank you.
I once had a laptop with a bad USB port and it did the same thing. Possibility?
Old Jul 10, 2017, 03:18 PM

Hi,
I bought an old evoscan GPS PPC from my friend.
i use the zeitronix boost sensor ... but how i can convert PSI to BAR? evoscan working great..but in italy we are used Bars.

another information...i use openport 1.3 cable, and sometimes i receive this message...and is impossible to log in.

i read that default value of baud rate is 15625, i think my actual value is set to 62500 ..i'll try to reset this value ...How can it be done?

thanks!
Old Oct 12, 2017, 06:23 PM
Evolved Member

Received 109 Likes on 99 Posts
i was having issues also.

would connect but the data log was zeros or some weird numbers.

did the driver delete and download like explained above, and on the evoscan website,.....
It worked.

thanks
Old Mar 24, 2020, 09:37 AM

SavedDataLogs problem

mi problema es el siguiente cuando quiero ver mis registros SavedDataLogs y abrir Excel, todos los registros están agrupados en la primera columna y es imposible ver el orden. Si alguien me puede ayudar, lo agradezco, uso Windows 10 y mi evoscan es v2.9.010. oficina 2016

Attached Files

Last edited by Victor Gargano; Mar 24, 2020 at 09:47 AM.