Notices
General Engine Management / Tuning Forum Discuss general EMS tuning concepts that do not pertain to a specfic brand or product.

Untuning from Meth Injection

Search this Thread

Old Feb 14, 2017, 03:22 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Untuning from Meth Injection

Hey guys,

I am currently looking to purchase an Evo 9 RS that is tuned for Meth Injection (AEM kit) at 5500RPM, and have searched around on the forums about the tune aspect of it, but can't find much on the flip side of the coin. Im not worried about purchasing a car that has meth as it was installed and tuned by reputable shops.

I understand that with the installation and use of Meth you are to be tuned (which this car is), advance the timing and adjust the boost as necessary.

Now my question is, I will be wanting to remove said Meth kit, for my own reasons*, but my basic understanding for the reverse tune would be to decrease timing and adjust boost as necessary, while also removing the nozzle (replacing pipe or fixing nozzle hole where needed) and taking out the kit. Is there really anything Im missing in that aspect?
If I do purchase it I would take it to RRE for the tune.

*my own reasons being it will be a track car with some daily duties thrown in, and its just another fluid I don't want to have to think about right now. Not saying I wouldnt incorporate alcohol or meth later if that is the path I choose

Stay clean kids.
(Forgive my ignorance on this subject as I've never messed with water/meth/alcohol injection)

Appreciate the help
Old Feb 16, 2017, 06:47 AM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Sounds about right. Remove the stuff, and retune for street/track.
Or leave it, don't use it, and re-tune. That way, down the road, it's there if you want to use it.
Old Feb 17, 2017, 07:51 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by EvolTweetyBird
Sounds about right. Remove the stuff, and retune for street/track.
Or leave it, don't use it, and re-tune. That way, down the road, it's there if you want to use it.
Awesome, thanks for the info.
That is actually a good idea!