Notices
Lancer Aftermarket Forced Induction Tech Discuss forced induction related specs and upgrades for custom aftermarket setups.

lets talk rrm

Old Nov 10, 2010, 02:38 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
lets talk rrm

As many on you know i have a turbo gts running a evo x setup. I'm using ecuflash for tuning and im running into issues getting my afr's where i want them. Anyways i recently broke my openport 2.0 and instead of getting a new one i was going to try to run a diffrent tuner. Well after considering my options i decided to contact rrm. They told my No other turbo setup will work on our cars but THEIRS. They claim that they have only mastered the car and it took two years. Well I'm no dummy so i contacted rrm again and asked to buy just the ftc1 controller they sell. Well the saleperson asked if i was n/a or turbo. When i mentioned turbo he quickly let me know they dont sell it by itself and only with theri over priced kit. Well not letting that bug me i contacted split second for them to sell me the box direct. I didnt want rrm's tune since my setup is diffrent just the box for me to use to do my own tune. no sooner did i explain rrm refused to sell split seconds product the saleperson from rrm contacted split second to make sure they didnt sell me any form of the box rrm uses. Now explan to me how only rrm's turbo can work on our cars? And why would rrm go out of their way to make sure i did not acquire the ftc1 box? Well i can tell you that two things are for sure rrm is a bs company that give two craps about customers or customer service and the second any turbo setup can work they just dont want the general public to find any other sources besides theirs.

i dont know about the rest of you but i am refusing to purchase any and all items from rrm from here out. and will diplay this same post on every mitsubishi forums until i am happy and content.
Old Nov 10, 2010, 02:50 PM
Evolved Member

im totally with you man. after Brian@RRM blurted out details about MY car on here, totally disrespecting my privacy, I will never buy any products from RRM again. I called them about the ACT clutches they sell for our car asking for a part number of the kit, and they said they can not give out part numbers....what?? i actually found it easier to call ACT directly (VERY good customer service and products), and told them that RRM was reselling their kits advertised for our cars, and the guy i talked to at ACT helped me find a kit that fit my car....for over $100 cheaper than the RRM price. Also, a friend of mine has the RRM front strut tower bar, and we had a lot of problems with fitment....we barely got it on.

btw, if you dont mind, what all are you running for the kit?

Last edited by yitzac1990; Nov 10, 2010 at 02:58 PM.
Old Nov 10, 2010, 03:01 PM
Evolving Member

rrm

They are a very greedy company. The dont back any of their claims with cold hard facts. They simply just say it cant happen. At first they told me the evo x manifold wouldnt bolt up. Well that did now they say the turbo setup cant work because they are god and we are all too stupid to figure out that their box simply

Is a blow by system using a 5th injector and minuplating signals to the mas and map sensor.
Old Nov 10, 2010, 03:04 PM
Evolved Member

i dont like the 5th injector setup, i think its unreliable. i dont want this to turn into an RRM bash thread and get banned, so I think ill stop here lol
Old Nov 10, 2010, 08:06 PM
Evolving Member

I bought their SRI and I'm happy with it(except the mounting bar was weak as ****), but I must say they are indeed greedy and horrible at backing up their claims.

I plan to turbo my GTS, but I sure as hell won't be buying their overpriced kit. Only one that works my *** lulz.
Old Nov 11, 2010, 12:58 AM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
just an FYI, this thread will probably be deleted, i screen captured it for future reference though. if you say one thing that isnt praising RRM on these forums, they seem to be hooked up with the mods and everything with even a hint of negativity toward them is removed.

but on topic yeah they do a lot of shady stuff that you will never hear about here, other lancer forums you can see the real stuff.

i'll never buy anything from RRM after watching them take countless things that are widely distributed like springs and such and jack up the price and put it on their website. also i never got over how on the site the RRMv1 intake that i have claims a full second off your 0-60 time lulz
Old Nov 11, 2010, 06:43 AM
Evolved Member

Lets not talk RRM Could open a can of worms... not wait... a barrel of worms :P
Old Nov 11, 2010, 06:41 PM

+1 to all comments. I have RRM headers and I had to reweld them. I also spoke to a custom shop near me and they told me that they did a dyne on GTS before and after heards install. RRM headers made that GTS loose power.

I will not buy anything from them ever again.
Old Nov 11, 2010, 07:05 PM

You all going to love this....

http://www.la.bbb.org/Business-Repor...orts-100047204
Old Nov 11, 2010, 07:34 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by lancer2008
wow, is that for real???
Old Nov 11, 2010, 07:58 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by lancer2008

All I have to say is WOOOOW!!!
Old Nov 11, 2010, 09:35 PM
Evolved Member

Old Nov 12, 2010, 01:55 PM
Former Sponsor

we just released a new product....for all those who would like to build there own turbo kit we are giving you that option.

http://www.roadracemotorsports.com/s...roducts_id=766
Old Nov 12, 2010, 03:41 PM
EvoM Super Moderator

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Brian@RRM
we just released a new product....for all those who would like to build there own turbo kit we are giving you that option.

http://www.roadracemotorsports.com/s...roducts_id=766
Ouch 1600 bucks!!!!!!!!!! There's one for in ther for sale forums for 250 shipped with the 5th injector and the piping for it to go into, which looks to be a steal !!! It's used but from a good guy that , ridded himself of the 5th injector bs , and reflashed his car.....

Last edited by lanzerralliart; Nov 12, 2010 at 03:47 PM.
Old Nov 12, 2010, 03:53 PM
Evolved Member

do you by any chance know who it is that got his car flashed and got the injectors?

also, yeah, $1600 is way too much, considering anyone can get an actual precise, made-for-their-specific-car tune for under $400 usually....

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: lets talk rrm