Notices
Lancer Aftermarket Forced Induction Tech Discuss forced induction related specs and upgrades for custom aftermarket setups.

Jake's 06 ES Lancer Build

Search this Thread

Old May 28, 2015, 07:51 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Yeah I'm thinking it may be my maf? I found a crack in the honey comb which makes me think it took a little abuse when it was mailed. I'll be going thru and spraying my couplers with some hair spray this time. I hear it does great keeping the couplers from poping off.
Old May 28, 2015, 10:31 AM
Evolved Member

Received 89 Likes on 86 Posts
Originally Posted by jakermeister
I hear it does great keeping the couplers from poping off.

so does a proper bead, and a t-bolt clamp

how much boost are you running again? I wouldn't think you'd be popping couplers shy of 25psi...
Old May 28, 2015, 02:54 PM
Evolved Member

I'm using the evo 8 wastegate now. I think I'm about 9psi? My intercooler and pipes are pretty big, 3' hard pipes. I don't actually get a chance to look at my boost gauge but I haven't seen anything over 8psi while tuning. With this map sensor I'll see how much I'm really boosting.
Old May 28, 2015, 02:59 PM
Evolved Member

I think my intercooler and pipes maybe messing with my idle though? It maybe a bit excessive for a small turbo application? I'm sure its why my idle is a bit off compared to everyone else on the evo stuff.
Old May 28, 2015, 06:11 PM
Evolved Member

do you have your MAF mounted in a 3" pipe? cause yeah that would cause problems for sure...3" charge pipe is pretty excessive...
Old May 28, 2015, 09:23 PM
Evolved Member

Yes I have 3" intercooler piping. I'll be redoing my pipes later.

Well sh*t went south on the flywheel and pressure plate install. We had a bolt some how break when we were retorquing the bolts on the pressure plate. So I may not be going with the lightweight flywheel. I'm going to try and extract the screw tomorrow but in the mean time I'm going to have a shop resurface the oem flywheel. Just to leave my options open. On the plus side I got my new rear main seal in.
Old May 28, 2015, 11:21 PM
Evolved Member

the bolt sheared? it's only supposed to have 13 ft-lb on it...
Old May 29, 2015, 06:48 AM
Evolved Member

Yeah. My torque wrench broke. We torqued the flywheel and then moved it down to 10 ft pounds first. The bolt we were trying to torque had a crush washer that kept coming out so my brother thought he had a little further to go. It was my torque wrench though. It never set to the lower setting. I have a needle type torque wrench and might have to use that to finish the job. I think for now I'm just going to resurface the oem flywheel and get another pressure plate bolt. Sure glad I didn't take those bolts out of the back of the flywheel.

Do you know if the pressure plate bolts are "balanced" like the bolts on the flywheel? I may have to order one if they are.
Old May 29, 2015, 05:05 PM
Evolved Member

So the local shop won't be able to resurface my flywheel until sometime next week. In the meantime I've ordered another set of pressure plate bolts.
Old May 29, 2015, 09:45 PM
Evolved Member

my pressure plate is fastened with generic metric class 10.9 bolts from Fastenal...they are not even automotive specific...as long as they are all the same bolts, they will weigh roughly the same...I would not mix and match, but it probably doesn't matter. the reason the flywheel hub can't move, is because the two parts would become eccentric, which is far more devastating to a rotating assembly than a slight imbalance such as would be the case with different bolts. I have the same type of fasteners holding my rocker shafts in...the stock ones when torqued, one or two stretched beyond spec, and I wanted them all to have the same tensile strength for peace of mind...they've been holding up fine.
Old Jun 1, 2015, 09:36 PM
Evolved Member

Good to know they're holding up. The flywheel don't be resurfaced until Thursday. There's only one shop in my town and it's the only transmission shop but the price to resurface is $35 which isn't bad. So hopefully this coming weekend the car is back in business. I miss it. Lol
Old Jun 7, 2015, 08:41 PM
Evolved Member

It's alive!!!! Got my clutch in! I also filled my motor mounts with the down time I had. The car sure does vibrate but at least I know I did a good job on my mounts. I'm also glad I went back with the stock flywheel. The new clutch has a good bite and I bet the lightweight flywheel would've made daily driving even more work. I put a stainless steel clutch line in as well and the clutch pedal takes a lot more force than the original pedal. I'm pretty excited to have my car back up and running.
Old Jun 8, 2015, 10:25 AM
Evolved Member

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

I have an aluminum flywheel and daily drive. I love it. So much more throttle response
Old Jun 8, 2015, 01:22 PM
Evolved Member

Nice. This clutch sure has a bite. The motor mounts can really be felt. My dash shakes a little at idle. Cruising it's not so noticeable. I'm hoping to get tuning after the break in period. With the new clutch line and clutch it takes a good amount of force to push the clutch pedal now. I think it may get a little easier as the clutch breaks in. I also switched over to my summer wheels. I'll try to get pics later.
Old Jun 8, 2015, 02:06 PM
Evolved Member

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by jakermeister
Nice. This clutch sure has a bite. The motor mounts can really be felt. My dash shakes a little at idle. Cruising it's not so noticeable. I'm hoping to get tuning after the break in period. With the new clutch line and clutch it takes a good amount of force to push the clutch pedal now. I think it may get a little easier as the clutch breaks in. I also switched over to my summer wheels. I'll try to get pics later.
What clutch line you go with?

Quick Reply: Jake's 06 ES Lancer Build