Notices
Lancer Aftermarket Forced Induction Tech Discuss forced induction related specs and upgrades for custom aftermarket setups.

Demon_ni2 Rebuild Thread. -2015- Monster Turbo build

Search this Thread

Old Feb 24, 2015, 11:31 PM
Evolved Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Demon_ni2 Rebuild Thread. -2015- Monster Turbo build

Remember me?

Im Back

I am and have been just out of the car scene past 2-3 years. basically once I got my car finished being built. I lost a lot of TIME, cuz of school, and job changes. which intern caused me to lose interest..

When I broke my built motor and come to find out it was only a bad adjustable cam gear,and I found that out AFTER I sold a ton of parts, it really sucked the rest of my energy out.

I was going to do a full SOHC 4g64 build. (to keep the stock SOHC appearance of a stock base lancer motor) so I could spool an even larger turbo about as easily.

Currently, THAT is on hold.

I bought a junker Lancer a long time ago. sold it when I decided to get a nice daily last summer..
Dealer still had it, so I bought it back today for same price I traded it in for. easy 1k

This weekend I will be stripping the car for every part that has gone missing over the past 2 years or so that my 'racecar' has been sitting. including the stock drivetrain.

A few performance parts will remain. But This begins the Long build back to perfection.

Car will be driving(or atleast idling) this weekend.. and the long build/upgrades will begin. I have been saying for a long time that if the car would atleast turn on, and run. it would spark a lot more interest again..

I have run out of mods to do on my 135i(ive had since may '14), only took me 2 months and 9k and im out of stuff do to do it..I wasn't going to mod the suspension or body since it is my daily.. sadly my 505hp/590trq daily will be probably much faster, for a LONG time.

I will post some pictures of the lancer this weekend.. Its in sad shape. once its running, next stop will be body shop.

Wish me luck this weekend, hopefully I will get as far as I hope I will on getting the FULLY gutted shell back to at least idling.

-Home of the Big turbo Auto-
Demon
Attached Thumbnails Demon_ni2 Rebuild Thread. -2015- Monster Turbo build-31433_134768179869528_4798995_n.jpg  
Old Feb 25, 2015, 03:55 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
oh nice :0 mad set up what engine is that in there now?
Old Feb 25, 2015, 09:20 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Nice to see you back Demon. I went thru a divorce a couple years ago so I'm just getting back to my project too. I still have the built head I bought from you. I'm glad to see you back.
Old Feb 25, 2015, 09:23 AM
Evolved Member

You going to stick to your automatic tranny this build?
Old Feb 25, 2015, 10:25 AM
Evolving Member

Go single turbo on the 135i. Make 800rwhp on stock motor/trans. DD the lancer.

Done.
Old Feb 25, 2015, 10:27 AM
Evolved Member

as of right now ill be sticking to the full stock oz auto drivetrain. I may decide to go to the 4g64sohc/auto instead. only changes a few variables.. like size of turbo
Old Feb 25, 2015, 11:18 AM
Evolved Member

Good to have your back. The forum sure has died down. It's nice to see another project.
Old Feb 25, 2015, 11:44 AM
Evolved Member

yep. this stupid weather needs to pass. no one wants to work in a carport in the rain/sleet/snow. glad its warming up Saturday n sunday

oh ya. definitely not doing a single turbo swap on the 135i. atleast not till I get a new daily and I turn that into the track only car. (ill be getting a new truck and trailer next)

Last edited by Demon_ni2; Feb 25, 2015 at 11:54 AM.
Old Feb 25, 2015, 03:54 PM
Evolving Member

is that the 4g94 in the pic?
Old Feb 25, 2015, 06:48 PM
Evolved Member

yea that's one of many ive had
Old Feb 25, 2015, 08:56 PM
Evolving Member

haha seems mental, have you got any other pics of the old setup you had?
Old Feb 28, 2015, 01:38 PM
Evolving Member

this is going to be an EPIC build...makes me want to get my lancer back...
Ive been peeking in here and there...cant wait to see her all done man!!
Old Feb 28, 2015, 11:19 PM
Evolved Member

^^ thx bro. Ya..

Today was epic failure. thought I would have it idling tonight.. but issue after issue.. didn't even get out of bed till 2PM. oh well.. after 20 lost tools. and having to replace my cherry picker hydraulic pump, engine is sitting in the driveway. trans and everything else will be finished up tomorrow. thinking it will be going to chasebays for a full custom harness. bud had one to many energy drinks and pulled the whole harness out of my lancer. so... now I guess ill just focus on all the small things I have always hated about our car(engine harness and brake lines). May not idle for a few weeks. but will have whole drivetrain in tomorrow. gotta take donor vehicle to scrap yard Monday. maybe even trailer lancer to the shop for some real work.

Omar if u want a Lancer. ive got an 05 u can save from scrapping. will need a drivetrain. 250$. will be missing random pieces. LOL

This is how my day ended... atleast I worked on it!
Attached Thumbnails Demon_ni2 Rebuild Thread. -2015- Monster Turbo build-imag1462.jpg  
Old Mar 1, 2015, 06:31 PM
Evolved Member

It's a start. Keep the pics coming.
Old Mar 1, 2015, 10:45 PM
Evolved Member

Autocross test n tune was today. prep for nationals not sure if im going or not.
anyways. got home about 6. ripped suspension off.. popped one axle. couldn't get other.. pulled trans. got it in the Silver lancer. swapped torque converters to my level 10 converter with the big stall.. dropped engine in, only connected 4 engine/trans bolts.. so its really barely connected .. but engine and trans are in the race car. yay. One very long day. started at 6am.

Then got to work on the harness out the donor vehicle.. only took 3 hours... but we got it all out. just called it quits now.

tomorrow I gotta put most the suspension back on the donor vehicle so we can load it back up on trailer and take it to the scrap yard.

then... I get to start figure out where to plug everything back in..

Have u ever seen our harness out the car? its... ridiculous.. (pulled one out before so its not new to me. just a pain in the rear to get out.)

Attached Thumbnails Demon_ni2 Rebuild Thread. -2015- Monster Turbo build-imag1465.jpg   Demon_ni2 Rebuild Thread. -2015- Monster Turbo build-imag1466.jpg   Demon_ni2 Rebuild Thread. -2015- Monster Turbo build-imag1467.jpg  

Quick Reply: Demon_ni2 Rebuild Thread. -2015- Monster Turbo build