Notices
Lancer Aftermarket Forced Induction Tech Discuss forced induction related specs and upgrades for custom aftermarket setups.

08 ES Evo x turbo??

Search this Thread

Old May 23, 2015, 11:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
08 ES Evo x turbo??

Alright, yes this is your classic "I need help making my car go fast thread".

I've purchased an evo x turbo.

I have a 08 lancer es.

Do I ABSOLUTELY need a new TB and Evo x intake manifold? or can I do without? I'm very confused as to what parts I ACTUALLY need, and the ones suggested. I'm also afraid running the stock 11psi.

Anyone have some advice? I wanna get this going within the next 2 weeks.
Old Jun 11, 2015, 01:42 AM

Originally Posted by Camster2222

I have a 08 lancer es.

Do I ABSOLUTELY need a new TB and Evo x intake manifold? or can I do without? I'm very confused as to what parts I ACTUALLY need, and the ones suggested. I'm also afraid running the stock 11psi.

You definitely won't be able to run the Evo's stock 11psi. Most you can safely manage will be around 3-5psi. In terms of the TB and intake manifold, you will need to upgrade the stock lancer ones because they can't compensate enough to spool the turbo. You're basically going to have to upgrade everything under the hood because base lancer engines aren't built to take the abuse from a turbo and thus you're going to need a lot of supporting mods to keep your engine from breaking down. RRM has a pre-made turbo for the base lancers that is plug and play. If you match all the parts they use, you'll be able to turbo your lancer, however I wouldn't skimp on the parts because some of them are expensive and cheaper parts are known to brake more easily under abuse. Hope I could be of some help.
Old Jun 13, 2015, 10:54 AM
LiX
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Don't listen to the previous post.

You don't need Evo X intake manifold, actually the stock plastic one makes more torque because the runners are longer, and yes the plastic one can hold 15 psi, so no need to change it.
Stock TB will be a little limitation, popular mod is to replace it with 4G69 TB, cause it's cheaper than Evo X TB.

You will need many more parts in order to turbocharge your engine, I hope that you are aware of that.

RRM turbo kit is total crap, avoid it! Use RA/X parts, they are with OEM quality, the fit is perfect and you can't go wrong with them.
Old Jul 25, 2015, 08:06 PM

Originally Posted by Camster2222

I have a 08 lancer es.

I've got most of my stock Ralliart setup for sale if you're still in the market for a turbo setup.
Old Aug 27, 2015, 07:02 PM

Originally Posted by customgalant99
I've got most of my stock Ralliart setup for sale if you're still in the market for a turbo setup.
I'm interest in buying a ralliart set up for my gts....