Notices
Lancer Audio and Security (All models) Discuss new audio system upgrades or alarm configurations.

Is Dual Audio any good?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 3, 2005, 06:18 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
alright maybe not jl, but they are LOUD and they sound great. i know like 6 people with them and they are louder than my jlw3 was, and now are comparable to and just as clear as my 2 12" audiobahn flame q 1100 watt rms subs, driven by 2 sony xplod 1600 watt amps. dont even dare diss sony, u dont know ur stuff if u think they are garbage. yea there are better but not for the money. my **** is LOUD, my buddy has 1, yes one, 15" wolfenhaug sub powered by some no name amp and it is really loud. all i was saying is that even ebay products are better than dual.
Old Jun 3, 2005, 06:23 AM
Evolved Member

only their Subs are good... anything else made by them is Crizzap!
Old Jun 4, 2005, 11:27 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Kid Lancer 7
only their Subs are good... anything else made by them is Crizzap!
ummm... if you were familiar with SPL competitions you would know that Volfenhag's VX4000d (i believe that's the model number) is fairly popular/reliable/RIDICULOUSLY powerful amp.
Old Jun 4, 2005, 11:32 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Dual sucks
Old Jun 4, 2005, 02:34 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by maxum17ft
alright maybe not jl, but they are LOUD and they sound great. i know like 6 people with them and they are louder than my jlw3 was, and now are comparable to and just as clear as my 2 12" audiobahn flame q 1100 watt rms subs, driven by 2 sony xplod 1600 watt amps. dont even dare diss sony, u dont know ur stuff if u think they are garbage. yea there are better but not for the money. my **** is LOUD, my buddy has 1, yes one, 15" wolfenhaug sub powered by some no name amp and it is really loud. all i was saying is that even ebay products are better than dual.
Sony's X-plod series suck as far as car audio goes... end of discussion. Show me one person winning DB Drag or any other major audio soundoff with any sony x-plod product. You simply wont find it being done.
Old Jun 4, 2005, 04:11 PM
Account Disabled

why is this question being asked.
Old Jun 4, 2005, 04:12 PM
Evolving Member

ok, not trying to star a war or anything but my system is real loud, yeah, it might say 2x1600 watts, i know its only doing about half that, thats 1600 watts total, its loud. if u ever are by me feel free to stop by and go deaf. i had this lady's car that was right next to me at a light last night rattling, it is louder than most if not all systems in hazleton. who said i was trying to win any spl comps., all im saying is most anything is better than dual. one reason its sooo loud is i built my own box to fit the amp/subs perfectly, i have a thread on it somewhere. idk, i love my sony xplod amps, this is my 4th set, i keep upgrading, but i think im happy with these. i paid 400 new for everything, try and beat that, u cant. y u gotta go start a fight, grow up dude, i guess accolade or rrm was right, whoever u worked for. for the money, u cant beat my setup, ever.
Old Jun 4, 2005, 06:16 PM
Evolving Member

well this topic has been for awhile now...eh i got my answer anyways. i asked if dual was any good and 100% of the people that posted yelled a big fat NO
Old Jun 4, 2005, 10:50 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by maxum17ft
ok, not trying to star a war or anything but my system is real loud, yeah, it might say 2x1600 watts, i know its only doing about half that, thats 1600 watts total, its loud. if u ever are by me feel free to stop by and go deaf. i had this lady's car that was right next to me at a light last night rattling, it is louder than most if not all systems in hazleton. who said i was trying to win any spl comps., all im saying is most anything is better than dual. one reason its sooo loud is i built my own box to fit the amp/subs perfectly, i have a thread on it somewhere. idk, i love my sony xplod amps, this is my 4th set, i keep upgrading, but i think im happy with these. i paid 400 new for everything, try and beat that, u cant. y u gotta go start a fight, grow up dude, i guess accolade or rrm was right, whoever u worked for. for the money, u cant beat my setup, ever.
Just because it's loud doesnt mean it sounds good. Oh and btw, i'm already hard of hearing thanks for asking. Im sure with your sony system you can go deaf too (sarcasm detector blows up). As far as the wattage of your system... go have it bench pressed before running your mouth off. You'll realize that crappy *** sony amp is only pushing aroung 500 watts or so per channel, since they are severely over-rated. Why not save that $400 and some extra cash and get a REAL system rather than the one that anyone can go to pep-boys for and buy from there.
Old Jun 4, 2005, 11:06 PM
Evolved Member

Thumbs down

Originally Posted by Iamkar33m
That's what I said, Dual is the Best Buy audio **** brand.
actually Dual is the redheaded stepchild of Sony. just like Aiwa is but cheaper.
Old Jun 5, 2005, 06:51 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Iamkar33m
Just because it's loud doesnt mean it sounds good. Oh and btw, i'm already hard of hearing thanks for asking. Im sure with your sony system you can go deaf too (sarcasm detector blows up). As far as the wattage of your system... go have it bench pressed before running your mouth off. You'll realize that crappy *** sony amp is only pushing aroung 500 watts or so per channel, since they are severely over-rated. Why not save that $400 and some extra cash and get a REAL system rather than the one that anyone can go to pep-boys for and buy from there.
i does sound good, it sounds real good, only problem i have is once im passed 70% volume level, it dulls out and my volt gauge goes down to like 11 volts, i need a cap or 2 or 3. however u do have a point, its not the best amp, no where near it, but for the price/features/looks, it cant be beat. both are still pushing atleast 1000 watts then, plenty for me, lol. and not pepboys, bought them off of ebay, lol. got both sono 1600w class d mono p5 series sub amps new for 220 bux shipped, pepboys wants like 300 just for one, lol. btw: i dont want a top of the line sys., i know many ppl and i guarentee alarm or not, it would be stolen inside a week. no one wants to steal this, they all say it sounds good, but they aint gonna sell it for anything, sony aftermarket blows.

please dont say my sony system, lol. i have top of the line audiobahn subs, though the p5 sony subs do hit the hardest out of the cheap subs, go to best buys boom boom room if ya dont believe me. dont worry, my subs came from a custom shop called sound solutions in scranton, pa. my subs r great, i just dont need more power, im going deaf now(i really am, if u dont own a system, think if u like ur hearing first), i cant hear anything anymore. kareem, sry bout arguing, but my sys. is real nice, may not be top of the line, but it sounds awesome.

back on topic: if ur on a budget and only shop at retail stores like bestbuy, buy the p5 xplod subs, or listen to whichever u like the most and buy them. i highly recommened u go to a custom audio shop first though and ask them which one they like, it dont hurt to ask a professional, and its free.
Old Jun 6, 2005, 09:24 AM
Evolving Member

how about this...is dual audio better then stock?
Old Jun 6, 2005, 10:44 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by chrls000171
how about this...is dual audio better then stock?
barely! i mean of course stock anything sucks.. but the speakers are okay compared to other company's "econo" car speakers.
Old Jun 6, 2005, 12:31 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Lance Dogg
ummm... if you were familiar with SPL competitions you would know that Volfenhag's VX4000d (i believe that's the model number) is fairly popular/reliable/RIDICULOUSLY powerful amp.
dood, you're thinking visonik, no volfenhaug
Old Jun 6, 2005, 12:39 PM
Evolving Member

LOL which is better, stock, audiobahn, sony or dual... if those were the choices, I'd stay stock and not embarrass myself by calling any of those crap piles an audio system.

That said, JL W3's aren't that hot either, we had a customer drop off a pair of them for us to keep, and replaced them with entry level audiobahn subs, which he liked a lot better.

if you want to talk about REAL subs, they start at the W6 for JL, the L7 for kicker, and go up from there to Treo, DD, Image dynamics, American Bass, even the Pioneer SPL woofers aren't bad. but please don't talk about sony, dual, volfenhaug etc being loud, it just points out that you're a complete amateur and have no clue what you're talking about.

Quick Reply: Is Dual Audio any good?