Notices
Lancer Audio and Security (All models) Discuss new audio system upgrades or alarm configurations.

Pros! can you help please?!

Search this Thread

Old Feb 24, 2009, 04:05 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Pros! can you help please?!

Guys, having a problem with my system install. I am not able to bridge my amp. The left and right channel work independently but together they do not properly function. i plugged my i pod into the amp with rca males that split from the head phone jack female. amp and sub works fine and is working bridged.. Im assuming that there is a problem with the line out wires that i spliced to the speaker wires. i have used the colors that I found on this forum. i have tried multiple times to find out if these are correct but have failed. i took off the door panels but the yellow and green coming off of the speaker is switched through a harness in the door column. Guys can you please help with this. System sounds like **** and need to get it figured out. 09 lancer GTS no sun and sound or navi.

Thanks...
Old Feb 24, 2009, 04:30 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by ukhky17
Guys, having a problem with my system install. I am not able to bridge my amp. The left and right channel work independently but together they do not properly function. i plugged my i pod into the amp with rca males that split from the head phone jack female. amp and sub works fine and is working bridged.. Im assuming that there is a problem with the line out wires that i spliced to the speaker wires. i have used the colors that I found on this forum. i have tried multiple times to find out if these are correct but have failed. i took off the door panels but the yellow and green coming off of the speaker is switched through a harness in the door column. Guys can you please help with this. System sounds like **** and need to get it figured out. 09 lancer GTS no sun and sound or navi.

Thanks...
first of all, is it just a subwoofer thats hooked up? how could you plug an ipod into just a sub amp and hear music?
Old Feb 24, 2009, 04:32 PM

Easy. If you have the power, remote, and ground run, all you do is run your Headphone to RCA cable to the amp inputs.
Old Feb 24, 2009, 04:47 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by OniLancer
Easy. If you have the power, remote, and ground run, all you do is run your Headphone to RCA cable to the amp inputs.
i dont think you understood the question....he said he did that and it worked fine.
Old Feb 24, 2009, 06:39 PM

Originally Posted by yitzac1990
i dont think you understood the question....he said he did that and it worked fine.
No, I think you're confused. I was explaining your last question, that's how he can use an ipod directly to it and hear the music.

I don't think you can hook up an amp/sub to a non-S&S lancer. The S&S has a specific sub channel you tie into with your LOC. I am fairly positive if you want to do what you're trying to do in a non S&S lancer, you need an aftermarket Headunit. Good news is for somewhere around 200 to 250 bucks can get you everything you need (HU, Dash Kit, Harness)
Old Feb 25, 2009, 01:46 AM

No, I think you're confused. I was explaining your last question, that's how he can use an ipod directly to it and hear the music.

I don't think you can hook up an amp/sub to a non-S&S lancer. The S&S has a specific sub channel you tie into with your LOC. I am fairly positive if you want to do what you're trying to do in a non S&S lancer, you need an aftermarket Headunit. Good news is for somewhere around 200 to 250 bucks can get you everything you need (HU, Dash Kit, Harness)
No you can put a sub and amp in a non navi. I had it done, and lot of other people have to, i just spliced into the rear speaker outs to hook up RCA to my amp. Never realised how ****ty the stock one was untill i got my new headunit in just the other day.
Old Feb 25, 2009, 07:15 AM

Thanks, for the advice so far. For the guys that had it installed. I have tapped into the rear speaker wires by the kick plates on both the drivers and passengers doors. Do you know what colors you tapped into so that i can cross reference it with the ones that I have tried?
Old Feb 25, 2009, 09:44 AM
Evolved Member

oh i see, but i meant hook it up and actually hear words and music, and not just the lows from just subs, unless the amp was on HPF instead of LPF.

Originally Posted by ukhky17
Thanks, for the advice so far. For the guys that had it installed. I have tapped into the rear speaker wires by the kick plates on both the drivers and passengers doors. Do you know what colors you tapped into so that i can cross reference it with the ones that I have tried?
there are a few threads I think on what wires to use, maybe even a sticky or two. look in the how-to section. I forget the colors off the top of my head, but i think its something like purple and yellow....
Old Feb 25, 2009, 02:37 PM

Originally Posted by yitzac1990
oh i see, but i meant hook it up and actually hear words and music, and not just the lows from just subs, unless the amp was on HPF instead of LPF.

there are a few threads I think on what wires to use, maybe even a sticky or two. look in the how-to section. I forget the colors off the top of my head, but i think its something like purple and yellow....

Ah, yeah, I'm not to knowledgable about splicing into our stuff because I'd rather do it the right way and upgrade everything. The stock stuff, even with S&S package is just plain crap. The Sub box isn't even air tight and rattles like a ****.
Old Feb 26, 2009, 05:02 PM
Evolved Member

best bet would be splice into the speaker wires from directly behind the radio....its much cleaner as well