Notices
Lancer Audio and Security (All models) Discuss new audio system upgrades or alarm configurations.

2008 Lancer Rockford Fosgate Sound System Questions

Search this Thread

Old Jan 19, 2011, 07:09 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2008 Lancer Rockford Fosgate Sound System Questions

Hello everyone!

I recently bought a 2008 Lancer with the Rockford Fosgate sound system installed.

After getting it home, I realized the sub wasn't working when I opened the trunk to organize my things and there was no sound from the stereo. So, I took it back, turns out amp short circuited and screwed up my sub and the read coaxial speakers. They offered to order a new system and install it. A month later, they said over the phone that since the car had over 60,000 miles on it, it wasn't covered under warranty. Even though they just sold it to me and I brought the issue to their attention 2 days after buying the car.

Anyway, on to my questions:

1. Since they want to charge me $1,395 for the parts for a new sound system, I was hoping someone might have the part numbers for the sound system parts so I can shop around online for a better deal. I really only need the amp, sub and rear speakers so I don;t want to buy a whole new system.

2. Can I replace the RF amp with another amp? I am unsure whether I could just buy another amp and install it instead, then replace the speakers with another brand. Will I be able to hook up another amp in the same spot and connect everything, or are the connectors from the head unit and speakers "unique" requiring some sort of adapter?

Basically, I am trying to get my sound system working correctly as cheaply and quickly as possible. Just need to know what my options are.
Old Feb 7, 2011, 06:44 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
First of all, 1,400 dollars for some speakers and an amplifier, seriously does that come with a blow job? Try to scan the parts (visually) for model #'s and just google them or look for similar rockford fosgate equipment on ebay.

I know for a fact that you can hook up another up to your car speakers, but how it connects is a different story. The way the speakers hook up to your current amp is probably one of a kind and you will have to do a little work/wiring to get everything working.

I don't personally own a 2008 or the rockford fosgate system so I don't have an specifics I could help you with.
I believe I read in another thread though that the system in the 08 models are made for the car and difficult to replace directly. I think the best bet would be to run new wires and an amp(cheaper than paying 1,400)

They are really trying to pull one over on you.

Last edited by eusgen; Feb 7, 2011 at 06:47 PM.