Notices
Lancer Audio and Security (All models) Discuss new audio system upgrades or alarm configurations.

Which Speaker??

Search this Thread

Old Dec 26, 2003, 11:37 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Which Speaker??

I have Focal front speakers with tweeters. what should I use for my rear speakers????
Old Dec 27, 2003, 05:40 AM
Evolved Member

Polk
Old Dec 27, 2003, 05:49 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
KENWOOD
Old Dec 27, 2003, 08:47 AM
syn

JL Audio

cant go wrong with JL man
Old Dec 27, 2003, 09:01 AM
Evolved Member

not components... since you dont sit in the back.. either 2 or 3ways that you like.. try to find a set that handles bass well too.. i personally dont have any specific brand.. maybe infinity or alpine
Old Dec 27, 2003, 09:41 AM

You should always try to have the same size and type of speakers in the front as you do in the back of the vehicle. It is the best possible configuration for optimal sound imaging. If you mix up sizes and types your ears will have a tendency to be bias to specific speakers and you will not get the full effect of the sound.
But, whatever floats your boat. Rock On
Old Dec 28, 2003, 10:03 AM
Evolved Member

my audio shop said the new kenwood eXcelon's are amazing
Old Dec 29, 2003, 11:44 AM
Evolving Member

None. Rear speakers only mess up the imaging of the fronts.
Old Dec 29, 2003, 11:48 AM
MP5
In Timeout

Originally posted by EVO1ab
You should always try to have the same size and type of speakers in the front as you do in the back of the vehicle. It is the best possible configuration for optimal sound imaging. If you mix up sizes and types your ears will have a tendency to be bias to specific speakers and you will not get the full effect of the sound.
But, whatever floats your boat. Rock On
BS
Old Dec 29, 2003, 11:49 AM
MP5
In Timeout

Originally posted by TURBOit
my audio shop said the new kenwood eXcelon's are amazing
Good speakers I like them and they are light. But amazing? Your audio guy doesnt get out much
Old Dec 29, 2003, 12:04 PM
Evolved Member

i went with two apline type-r component systems. four 6.5" midrange and four 2" tweeters total, including my two 10" type-r subs, 1 farad cap and 1200 watt amp.

Sounds amazing. Not only bumps but is crystal clear sounding. Of course I hooked this to an apline cd deck
Old Dec 29, 2003, 03:39 PM

Originally posted by MP5

BS
Whatever man, imaging is where it is all about. You could fill your car with a crap load of speakers and yes it would be loud, but it would sound like crap. Acoustic echo is what I am refering to, the position and the relationship between you and the sound and whats in between is what gives the sound its definition. Its the difference between good sounding and excellent sounding. Its all in what your going for and what you wanna spend. I'm just givin my $.02

I would disconnect the rear speakers and just run the fronts, maybe make some kick panels to enclose the speakers so they better project the sound to your ears. But..

do what yah want, yah will anyways..
Old Dec 29, 2003, 06:11 PM
MP5
In Timeout

Originally posted by EVO1ab

Whatever man, imaging is where it is all about. You could fill your car with a crap load of speakers and yes it would be loud, but it would sound like crap. Acoustic echo is what I am refering to, the position and the relationship between you and the sound and whats in between is what gives the sound its definition. Its the difference between good sounding and excellent sounding. Its all in what your going for and what you wanna spend. I'm just givin my $.02

I would disconnect the rear speakers and just run the fronts, maybe make some kick panels to enclose the speakers so they better project the sound to your ears. But..

do what yah want, yah will anyways..
Imaging has everything to do with your recomendation of the same speakers in back as front. Your actually using stereo speak out of context as if you are throwing the terms out there to sound like you know what your talking about. I agree it is very easy to set up a system that images nicely with a pair of enclosed kick panels
Old Dec 29, 2003, 07:47 PM

just let it go.. back to the original question.

If your going to go with rear speakers I would put the same focal components in the rear that you had in the front. If your into multimedia you could go for surround sound. Take a .1mH air core inductor and run it in-line with the positive power supply for the tweeter which will cause a low pass crossover at like 9k resulting in a surround sound affect for your car.
Old Dec 29, 2003, 07:50 PM
Account Disabled

im going with alpine components...cus everything else in my car is alpine...

Quick Reply: Which Speaker??