Notices
Lancer Audio and Security (All models) Discuss new audio system upgrades or alarm configurations.

2009 lancer factory radio harness has no ACC

Old May 15, 2015, 09:53 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Angry 2009 lancer factory radio harness has no ACC

I bought an alpine unit a few days ago from crutchfield, and with it came Metra 70-7005 Receiver Wiring Harness. Soldered all the wires from the metra to the alpine harness and thought I was good to go. On installation, found that my factory harness does not have a 12V switched power/accessory wire plugged into the back of the harness. I called cruthfield tech and they confirmed. I sent the guy pictures of the factory harness and the metra hooked up and he noticed it was also missing.

Mitsubishi Lancer 2009 with no Switched power/accessory plug
I'm looking for a solid yellow wire (and no the yellow one that you see has green stripe)

It's also missing the Black ground wire but some people say that the factory unit just used the bolts/screws as ground connection.

I did find solid yellows on a separate harness, (I pointed to it with red arrows on the pic below) do you guys know if that's switched power. (yes I can bust out the voltmeter and see if it lights up when I turn the key). Did anyone use this for a factory radio?

Metra harness. No ground or accessory wire on the other side.

Here's the metra wire diagram in case you guys were interested.

Metra 70-7005 Receiver Wiring Harness. Black and accessory connect to nothing on mitsu harness
Old May 15, 2015, 06:40 PM
Evolving Member

help?

Bueler bueler
Old May 22, 2015, 09:15 AM
Evolving Member

I managed to install this radio. As a temporary fix, I connected the switched power to the constant power.

I also noticed that the radio was pulling ground from the antenna plug. That plug is very thin, so I didn't want to take a chance. I cut the black cable from the metra harness as close as possible to the mitsu harness, stripped it, and wrapped it around one of the bolts. Verified the radio turned on by unplugging the antenna and pressing the poewr button.

Crutchfield sent me a fuse tap and 16 feet of blue wire so that I could tap off my windshield wiper fuse, for the ACC/Switched power signal. I'll follow up with how well this works. According to Crutchfield, switched power is a very low draw circuit, it won't affect the windshield wipers, and won't supposedly create noise.
Old May 29, 2015, 12:02 PM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
ACC turn on is through Can-bus, that's why no ACC in harness.

Easiest way to get true ACC is to tap 12v+ @ the outlet in the console.

I would also run a new ground for the radio. Using the antenna for ground is meh and can introduce feedback "alternator whine" into the system