Notices

Tuning 399 maf turbo lancer

Search this Thread

Old Jul 18, 2011, 03:39 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Tuning 399 maf turbo lancer

i have been trying to get the evo 399 maf to work on my turbo lancer for the past 3 days. it has been an incredible waste of gas time and money as i have gotten NOWHERE.

i have wrx 440s scaled at 412

im not sure if im missing something small or big but i have tried adjusting just about everything with no luck. my idle is bouncing between 13.8-14.3 most of the time.

i have adjusted latencies, maf scaling smoothing and injector scaling all with no luck. im going insane.

if anyone can help it would be great. i tried 03lances latencies and it made my car idle in the 10s.

im about to switch back to the factory maf if i cant get this stupid thing figured out.
Old Jul 21, 2011, 03:36 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
what tuing changes closed loop afrs and vac??
Old Nov 13, 2012, 04:43 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I know I'm bringing up this thread from the dead, but did anyone figure out what to do with the 399 MAF at idle?

I just used the stock MAF scalings and it works fine except on idle. It looks like everyone is having this issue.

If you have a solution, please post your scaling here! Thank you!
Old Nov 13, 2012, 07:56 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Idle is primarily controlled with the injector latencies then shortly afterward, in terms of load and rpm, by the maf smoothing/compensation table.

Typically on larger mafs what you'll see is the first 2 rows of the maf smoothing table to be set at something pretty low like 80%, assuming you have your scaling set to the correct 255 percent scaling. Make sure you adjust your tables scaling to the 255 percent mode if you haven't already the table makes loads more sense in that mode than in the g/s or whatever the old scaling was which is totally incorrect.
Old Nov 14, 2012, 08:32 AM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I thought burner figured this out?

I'm interested in results as well considering slatermvp and I are figuring out there's no way to run 10psi with consistent afrs on the auto Lancer rom without a bigger maf.

Honestly thinking skipping maf scaling and going SD.
Old Nov 14, 2012, 09:53 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Green_Bandit
I thought burner figured this out?

I'm interested in results as well considering slatermvp and I are figuring out there's no way to run 10psi with consistent afrs on the auto Lancer rom without a bigger maf.

Honestly thinking skipping maf scaling and going SD.
Consistant AFRs are probably achievable but only within certain conditions. Since the maf is likely to be overrun what would need to happen is to put in higher than normal values into the scaling to simulate higher load but that means that part throttle boost would run really rich. So in a drag race scenario this would work out fine but for uphill semi boost cruise this would probably suck.