Notices

A little tuning help please?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 5, 2015, 01:21 PM
Evolved Member

Received 89 Likes on 86 Posts
Originally Posted by dragunbayne
The other thing I need to sort out is the whole thing where I go over 100 load. How do I fix that? Just wait to get the wideband and rescale my MAF, or is there something I can do now?
load is not a sensor output, it is calculated, and has to do with airflow, so if you're running an aftermarket or different than stock MAF, it needs to be scaled...
Old Aug 5, 2015, 01:58 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by CrAnSwIcK
load is not a sensor output, it is calculated, and has to do with airflow, so if you're running an aftermarket or different than stock MAF, it needs to be scaled...
Yeah, the Eclipse values don't work for me with the 501. It runs well, but idle is a tad rough and I go over 100 load. I'll scale it when I get the wideband.
Old Aug 5, 2015, 03:20 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Smooth out your fuel map. Especially the part were it goes from 14's down to 12's. It should gradually go down. But this is how mitsu has it setup from the factory. Those 11's are definitely way too rich. I would start by smoothing out your fuel map. That should help out a lot. Use your "afr map" as reference for now until you get a wideband. Your LTFT were pretty good so the AFR map should be close enough.
Old Aug 5, 2015, 05:20 PM

Originally Posted by jakermeister
Smooth out your fuel map. Especially the part were it goes from 14's down to 12's. It should gradually go down. But this is how mitsu has it setup from the factory. Those 11's are definitely way too rich. I would start by smoothing out your fuel map. That should help out a lot. Use your "afr map" as reference for now until you get a wideband. Your LTFT were pretty good so the AFR map should be close enough.
How is this looking? I'm going to try to tackle my timing map too. If my timing map increases gradually it will be less likely to knock right? As long as it's not too high of course.
Attached Thumbnails A little tuning help please?-v2.3-fuel-map.jpg  
Old Aug 6, 2015, 08:54 AM
Evolved Member

Thats a bit better. Have you tested the fuel map yet?
Old Aug 6, 2015, 10:18 AM

Not yet Jaker. I will flash it on and do a couple WOT runs later. I'm working on smoothing out my timing map too. I wish the maps would have been set up better from the get go, but I guess this is helping me learn more.
Old Aug 6, 2015, 11:41 AM
Evolved Member

I would run the fuel map first then try the timing map later. One step at a time.
Old Aug 6, 2015, 12:08 PM

I'm saving the one with timing adjusted under a different revision #. I'll be trying the one with the AFR map changes here in about an hour or so.
Old Aug 6, 2015, 04:58 PM

I need to add more fuel back. Knock went up a good bit. The car felt the same as when it had too much fuel, but without the big cloud of smoke.
Attached Files
Old Aug 6, 2015, 10:19 PM
Evolved Member

afr still look rich to me. Definitely need a wideband to help you out. I still think you're rich. Your afr map still jumps from 14's to 12's and even 11's. I would work on smoothing the fuel out first.
Old Aug 7, 2015, 07:15 PM

I agree, I think I should wait to mess with the fuel anymore until I have my wideband. I will be ordering it next Friday. In the meantime, I have another question. would it be beneficial to me to change the range on my timing and fuel maps? Since you are never really at 0 RPM couldn't I change the lowest field to 500 and give myself a little more accuracy?
Old Aug 8, 2015, 06:16 AM

Looking some more at the log, I see what you're saying. I'll try adjusting it some more and see what happens.
Old Aug 8, 2015, 09:42 AM
Evolved Member

Yeah some areas are the same, particularly the cruise areas so you can merge those same columns to make more room for the wot areas.
Old Aug 8, 2015, 04:30 PM

Originally Posted by jakermeister
Yeah some areas are the same, particularly the cruise areas so you can merge those same columns to make more room for the wot areas.
To do that I just change the values on the axes right? So, I could make it 0,10,40,50,60 and break up the rest to smaller values? Should I change the ignition and fuel maps to match?
Old Aug 10, 2015, 11:44 AM
Evolved Member

Yeah you just "rename" them. You should keep it the same for your fuel map as well.

Quick Reply: A little tuning help please?