Notices

Need firmware for the 4g93 motor on maf or map.Who has it?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 3, 2021, 11:50 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Need firmware for the 4g93 motor on maf or map.Who has it?

I have a lancer with a 4g93 single-shaft soch engine. A motor from a training car from a driving school from Japan. The firmware is from him, but for some reason the mixture on it is a poor mixture, on the firmware for 4g94, if you prescribe your injectors, it also gets poorer. But I want to try the firmware for this motor from a different version. Thank you in advance.
Old Jan 25, 2022, 12:10 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
found solution? try using 93270019 rom from 4g18 map sensor based
Old Jan 28, 2022, 03:20 AM

))

Last edited by Alex1101; Jan 28, 2022 at 03:33 AM.
Old Jan 28, 2022, 03:33 AM

Originally Posted by Rovin Raj
found solution? try using 93270019 rom from 4g18 map sensor based
the firmware with 4g18 is quite configurable, but I would like to stay closer to the stock. While I'm driving on firmware 99870006, I would like to try other engines for 93, but I can't find anything
Old Jan 31, 2023, 03:01 AM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
if the mixture is rich increase the injector cc in ecuflash, if its lean decrease. its run by a factor not just the number you see. same deal with the maf %90 of defs are incorrect in showing this. its opposite of what you would think but reason is that the ecu fuels less with higher injector scale and vice versa. firmware is not your issue
Old Feb 3, 2023, 11:15 AM

Originally Posted by BlackOZ_24
if the mixture is rich increase the injector cc in ecuflash, if its lean decrease. its run by a factor not just the number you see. same deal with the maf %90 of defs are incorrect in showing this. its opposite of what you would think but reason is that the ecu fuels less with higher injector scale and vice versa. firmware is not your issue
I know how everything is set up. I need a stock version, and I can tell you a lot about the setup myself.
Old Feb 3, 2023, 06:22 PM

it shouldnt matter, thats why you can scale the injectors to whatever you need to. i guess i dont understand what your saying. what do you mean by the mixture is poor?
Old Feb 3, 2023, 06:24 PM

whatever rom uses a 4g93 will work, granted you have the correct definition for your ecu, but you should be able to read that and make a back up from the start
Old Feb 5, 2023, 05:03 AM

here ya go buddy i only had one rom with a 4g93
Attached Files
Old Feb 5, 2023, 09:41 AM

here ya go buddy i only had one rom with a 4g93
Thanks. I have some from mirage, but they don't fit my ecu. I'm trying to find with lancer 4g93 mpi or carisma, but so far without success.
Old Feb 6, 2023, 12:50 AM

dude i have lots of roms but you gotta be more specific in your needs, for example what ecu are we dealing with? what size rom? single cam vvt? boosted? displacement? they made a a handful of different versions of the 4g93. if its manifold injected single cam like you say then you shouldnt have a problem with a 4g94 rom, i use nothing but evo roms and i have 02 lancer oz rally. it has nothing to do with the firmware in MOST aspects. what exactly is so different about your setup that nothin is working? i just need more info to be able to help you. and by the way they didnt make a speed density version of that engine or really any version for that matter so map sensor is irrelevant. i do have a 99 gsr rom that might work for you its 128k is that your rom size?
Old Feb 6, 2023, 02:03 AM

dude i have lots of roms but you gotta be more specific in your needs, for example what ecu are we dealing with? what size rom? single cam vvt? boosted? displacement? they made a a handful of different versions of the 4g93. if its manifold injected single cam like you say then you shouldnt have a problem with a 4g94 rom, i use nothing but evo roms and i have 02 lancer oz rally. it has nothing to do with the firmware in MOST aspects. what exactly is so different about your setup that nothin is working? i just need more info to be able to help you. and by the way they didnt make a speed density version of that engine or really any version for that matter so map sensor is irrelevant. i do have a 99 gsr rom that might work for you its 128k is that your rom size?
Hey I have a question that maybe you can answer clearly for me. I have a 512k rom for a 4g94 lancer memory model SH7055 . If I want to use a evo rom would I use the evo 9 512k and if so will it be okay since the 4g94 does not have vvt or is there another 512k I could use? Thanks in advance and I'm sorry If this has been answered before.
Old Feb 6, 2023, 05:00 AM

No reason to be sorry at all, ive had lots of help from the good people of evo m. yes you can butttt there is things to consider. for starters with the SH mem model ecus, 256k rom is for car with manual gearbox and 512k is for car with auto trans. the extra memory is what holds the rom for the transmission parameters. now with evo 9 i cant say with %100 certainty that means the car is auto cause they have ACD and i know that has a spot in the computer as well, ive noticed the size of the roms get bigger with the newer they are. so you in thoery could use any sh7055 ecu from any car, when you write the rom it will delete everything and only some data lingers in the ram like idle stuff etc etc.. that being said if you decide to use one from a evo 9 make dang sure you have a section in your definition for your transmission or your car will be down if something doesnt go as planned. always back up your good roms ALWAYS DUDE. and do a little research as to if the ecus have alot if differences in the pinout which i dont believe they do. in my opinion im sure you can do it without any adverse effects. to answer your question about the vvt i dont beleive it will matter. for example i have a 02 lancer oz rally with a 4g94 and im running tephra rom 90550701 and ive flashed tons of other evo roms onto my ecu over time just to test them. they have parameters for boost, traction control, way bigger injectors blah blah but those settings never effect me at all, i usually zero them out to be safe or delete the address from the tables so they dont show up and stuff but ive never a problem. its like the ecu wasnt programmed in that way so it doesnt even recognize irt or maybe the pin outs are different. i also have egr and purge delete so that might be a big part of it too. but its all about where the tables are in the rom and if they can match up with your ecu. if they are way off from your original tables its probably gonna run like **** is what ive noticed. you should be ok just take the necessary precautions and always hope for the best but expect the worst lol. off topic here but i got stranded one time in my newb days when i wrote to the rom and my laptop died in the middle of it, my inverter wouldnt run cause the car wasnt on and above 12volts and i couldnt turn my laptop back on, needless to say i went to the junkyard and got a ECU. wrote a rom on it that i know for sure runs good and i keep it under my passenger seat at all times. fool me once know what im saying? precautions buddy
The following users liked this post:
gcvalenz01 (Feb 6, 2023)
Old Feb 6, 2023, 11:13 PM

Thanks for the response. I've been putting off trying the Evo 9 ROM I've customized to my ROM's parameters in fear of screwing something up. This gives me some more reassurance. Also I'm perplexed about the ROM sizes being tied to auto or manual trans. It makes sense but I found that my 06 ROM that IS a manual has the 512k size. I guess that raises my next question which is can you flash a 256k ROM to a ecu that originally had a 512k or is that a guaranteed bricking of the ecu?
Old Feb 7, 2023, 08:41 AM

I also have quite a lot of versions and variants. Basically I have from mirage, from lancer gsr, lancer cedia driving school, found turbo versions. Here I would like to find from carisma or lancer with a 4g93 motor, they are quite rare. Oh yes, a 256 kb rom is needed. It is interesting to consider the standard ignition angles. Basically, as I understand it, they go under 89 American gasoline.

Quick Reply: Need firmware for the 4g93 motor on maf or map.Who has it?