Notices
Lancer Engine Tech Discuss specs/changes to the engine from cams to fully balanced and blueprinted engines!

Anyone have a full borla exhaust for your oz?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 3, 2002, 10:47 AM
NeX
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Anyone have a full borla exhaust for your oz?

I emailed borla research and development twice about buying a highflow cat, custom piping, and resonators from them. Is it safe to assume they won't be making anything for our lancers? They make them for the eclipse's and 3000gts.
Old Nov 3, 2002, 03:47 PM
Evolved Member

Get Buschur and be happy. I tried convincing Borla and I think Thermal a while back but I got silence as a response. Oh well.
Old Nov 3, 2002, 04:57 PM
Evolving Member

if enough people show interest, they will consider it. so just get every1 from the forum to email those companies. even if they aren't planning to get it. the more choices to choose from, the better, and who knows maybe prices for exhausts and other parts will go down too if there is more competition. more people, more companies, more parts, more market for the lancer, and tahts what we all want here
Old Nov 3, 2002, 08:45 PM
NeX
Evolving Member

sigh.....borla has such a good reputation for exhaust and they won't take the time to recongnize car drivers that own classic cars or gas guzzling SUV"s. Silence as response is no way to do business.
Old Nov 12, 2002, 01:51 PM
Evolved Member

Exhaust > Exhaust System > Thermal > Mitsubishi

STAINLESS STEEL SYSTEMS FOR MITSUBISHI

Generic Photo - Your application may vary.

Thermal Stainless Steel Exhaust Systems feature Stainless Steel exhaust piping, muffler and tip. Thermal exhaust systems produce a nice low deep but powerful tone. They are mandrel bent for high flow through bend areas with a straight through design. Exhaust tips are built from T304 stainless steel and hand crafted with a high luster polish. The muffler and tip styles vary in application. Please contact us for your application's style.
2002+ Lancer B309C309 $ 499.95

*this is from nipponpower website...
Old Nov 12, 2002, 02:52 PM

This is David Borla from Borla performance. We will have a Lancer application soon. We're in the process of finding a vehicle in order to design a system. Does anyone know if one system will fit all Lancers? Or do I have to bring in all the variations to ensure that we offer all applications?

As we are in the process of designing this system, feel free to make suggestions. What would you guys like to see us offer? Pipe diameter, tip styles etc.

Please let me know your thoughts.
Old Nov 12, 2002, 02:57 PM
In Timeout

Yes hello my name is Mr. Mitsubishi and I think David is full of himself. Why would you want Borla anything anyways. You guys need to understand the exhaust flows that come from you Lancers.

Last edited by RedEvo6; Nov 12, 2002 at 02:59 PM.
Old Nov 12, 2002, 03:20 PM
Evolved Member

uhh well if it is really him, from what i know there all the same.
Old Nov 12, 2002, 03:21 PM

Mr. Mitsubishi, sorry if I offended you. I was really just responding to a request made by your fellow forum members. They reached out to us and a response was necessary. What did I say that upset you?
Old Nov 12, 2002, 03:41 PM
Evolving Member

hey david, i live in the oxnard area if you need a test lancer i would apply. just let me know.

Link
Old Nov 12, 2002, 03:45 PM

Thanks for the offer Link! I'll contact you soon.

Old Nov 12, 2002, 03:51 PM
Evolving Member

Originally posted by RedEvo6
Why would you want Borla anything anyways.
cuz borla is a big name exhaust company. they know their ****. they make proven and quality exhaust sytems. i mean it might not be your thing but it might be someone else's

i mean you got to learn how to open up to the aftermarket. i mean if you only wanted two or 3 companies to design parts for your car then thats you. but IMO, you should just let companies make more and more parts for your cars. kinda like a virus. if someone makes a part, more parts 4 u. but not only that but today, its all about making money. so that means companies will start making more parts. other companies will see what their rivals are doing, and they will start making more parts. more selection 4 u. since there is more competition, the prices for parts will go lower etc etc. just because a company which u think is ****faced wants to sell a part for your car doesn't mean u have to buy it. let them make and make. ur not the only consumer.

my friend just bought a borla for his car and we installed it. it was a pretty simple install. take out the old one and put in the new 1. the installation was so simple that it actually scared my friend and we welded it on to make sure that it doesn't get stolen. the exhaust now is pretty sweet sounding. its pretty quiet @ idle and gives out a nice deep roar @ throttle, not a lil bumble bee sound that u get from many low budget mufflers. but yea, you get what u pay for. its a high quality exhaust with a good warranty and it looks good.
Old Nov 12, 2002, 04:06 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Originally posted by nyclancer
uhh well if it is really him, from what i know there all the same.
[Ed McMahon]You are correct, sir![/Ed McMahon]

Mechanically just about everything is identical from model to model aside from suspension components.
Old Nov 17, 2002, 11:04 PM
NeX
Evolving Member

????? i email borla personally three times and you respond in our forums. Works for me, all i want is 2 1/2 inch piping , high flow cat, and a muffler that give a nice crisp deap throaty sound.
Old Nov 17, 2002, 11:42 PM
Evolved Member

and a turbo charger on top

Quick Reply: Anyone have a full borla exhaust for your oz?