Notices
Lancer Engine Tech Discuss specs/changes to the engine from cams to fully balanced and blueprinted engines!

Pulstar Spark Plugs > Preview > Review

Search this Thread

Old May 10, 2008, 07:23 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
she drives agressive, but not reckless, I think its a case of bad luck then poor driving. It was raining pretty bad, and the situation she was in, would lead her to do the same thing if she had to do it over again. Hense why I am not so angry. I already accept in life that **** happens, just the way it is. The guy was found speeding so the accident actually has shifted from her fault to no fault due to two witnesses
Old May 10, 2008, 07:27 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
just after finding out that she had wrecked your car 2 times in a month i was watching drifting videos on youtube and came across videos of horrible women drivers and thought it was funny, just for the fact that she had 2 accidents (her fault or not) and they have all these videos on how bad women drive on youtube.
Old May 10, 2008, 07:31 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Anarchy08
just after finding out that she had wrecked your car 2 times in a month i was watching drifting videos on youtube and came across videos of horrible women drivers and thought it was funny, just for the fact that she had 2 accidents (her fault or not) and they have all these videos on how bad women drive on youtube.
we have had the car for about a year now, and only had problems now. I think to be honest, its my luck, not her driving. I mean, installing a rear bumper bodykit and some kid just happens to rear end it, in less then a week? And more recently, right when I was about to beta test a new product is when my front end gets creamed lol. I think the tuning gods have given me a sign to go make some tuning sacrafices of some kind.
Old May 11, 2008, 05:16 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by kylej1050
Any update on the head removal and plug pics?
head removal will be out FINALLY next week NO JOKE, i will be recieving my (special tool part) BOLT i ordered to release tension from the timing bolt on MONDAY. SO KYLE you can see what my cyclinder walls look like and i will still post the plugs and i hope you can still help me out. i hope you can realize that pulstar plugs do have side effects due to heat but thats my $.02cents. And i like how Pulstar plugs in there ads now say We guarantee PULSTAR PLUGS will not damage your vehicle i know other wise. ill try to keep this updated well im outta here
Old May 11, 2008, 07:27 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Evo9"Miss Rose"
head removal will be out FINALLY next week NO JOKE, i will be recieving my (special tool part) BOLT i ordered to release tension from the timing bolt on MONDAY. SO KYLE you can see what my cyclinder walls look like and i will still post the plugs and i hope you can still help me out. i hope you can realize that pulstar plugs do have side effects due to heat but thats my $.02cents. And i like how Pulstar plugs in there ads now say We guarantee PULSTAR PLUGS will not damage your vehicle i know other wise. ill try to keep this updated well im outta here
again Miss Rose, and I say this not to defend Enerpulse but, I have not heard any cases such as yours. about the claim. I think they were refering to not harming your engine in the sense of operation. A plug striking a head sounds like a completely different story. i am eager to see the pictures because it sounds interesting. After speaking with Kyle and some of their others, they plan on address heat in the next wave of plugs. A colder plug I believe is under development.

Any pictures you have of the plugs as well would be interesting to see. a gorey sight to see I guess
Old May 12, 2008, 03:15 PM
Evolved Member

^^well i shall post up the pics asap hopfully by this week. ill be making a new thread for it since i own a EVO IX seee what people have to say since everyone thinks i was BSing the whole thing awhile back ago.

Last edited by Evo9"Miss Rose"; May 12, 2008 at 03:22 PM.
Old May 13, 2008, 07:26 PM
Evolving Member

Dyno guys come on
Old May 14, 2008, 05:53 AM
Former Sponsor

Car status is good, inspection turned up 0 mechanical damage. But lol get this damage is 8000 in body stuff. both headlights need replacing, and a list arm legth of small stuff. parts came up to like 5k labour is the 3000. lol all body stuff.

Originally Posted by villero1834
Dyno guys come on
Final dyno is slated for the end of the month. lol I gotta rent the time you know.
All that aside, I will be making a local appeal for a 5speed transmission so I get the manual transmission numbers. since there is a clear difference between the 5 speed and the CVT.
Old May 14, 2008, 06:18 AM

pulstar plugs

I tried the plugs on my viii and found out that they are just way too fragile to use. I torqued them as stated in the instructions. The car idled just fine but when I took them out on the road for a try and went wot the car started mising and backfiring. I took it home very slowly and found that one of the plugs had cracked. I contacted the company and they refunded my money without any questions asked. I just wonder if this is a recurring thing with the plug. As for hp dont have a clue, the principle is correct I believe the plugs act just like a compacitator discharge system.
Old May 14, 2008, 06:37 AM
Former Sponsor

sorry to hear about your experience thus far. message me in July, I will be heading to New Mexico and Arizona and Cali in August. by then I will be expanding my testing to the older EVO's. I may hold off because it is speculated that they are releasing colder plug applications, as their next step.

I have inserted and taken out the plugs multiple times without any problems.
Old May 14, 2008, 12:23 PM
Evolving Member

so if i get these plugs, i will lose my bumbers? no like no like. lol
i will most likely get these one day =P
Old May 14, 2008, 03:59 PM
Evolved Member

HEAD is removed as of Yesterday..shall post pics today or tomorrow and will start new THREAD!!! pulstar= well at least with my experience.
Old May 14, 2008, 04:02 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by jonjon123
I tried the plugs on my viii and found out that they are just way too fragile to use. I torqued them as stated in the instructions. The car idled just fine but when I took them out on the road for a try and went wot the car started mising and backfiring. I took it home very slowly and found that one of the plugs had cracked. I contacted the company and they refunded my money without any questions asked. I just wonder if this is a recurring thing with the plug. As for hp dont have a clue, the principle is correct I believe the plugs act just like a compacitator discharge system.
can you please define "CRACKED" as in where it was cracked, because mine either melted or broke off, but to the looks of my Plug it sure looks melted, and other plugs were cracked at the tip and most likely those plugs would have gone bad as well. Just to get that info out.
Old May 14, 2008, 05:04 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Evo9"Miss Rose"
can you please define "CRACKED" as in where it was cracked, because mine either melted or broke off, but to the looks of my Plug it sure looks melted, and other plugs were cracked at the tip and most likely those plugs would have gone bad as well. Just to get that info out.
Miss Rose, I and everyone else here is eager to see the pics of the head. But I am curious if you have the plugs as well, if you could take pictures of that, that would be good. I have been reading some of your previous posts, and it is unclear if you were opporting the correct length plug. were you operating the BE plug or the DG plug?

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...hlight=pulstar
Old May 15, 2008, 09:43 AM
Evolved Member

i was opertaing with the BE for a moment, then replaced them back to OEM i ran with them going to Pep-girls to return them. There down the street from where i work so theres no way i could have done any damage, then i got the DG plugs from kyle due to the dilemma i had, and from there all hell broke loose not right away but within a week 2 i already forgot since its been over 3 months ago

Last edited by Evo9"Miss Rose"; May 15, 2008 at 09:46 AM.

Quick Reply: Pulstar Spark Plugs > Preview > Review