Notices
Lancer Engine Tech Discuss specs/changes to the engine from cams to fully balanced and blueprinted engines!

OBX pulley vs RRM pulley

Search this Thread

Old Oct 1, 2010, 05:41 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
OBX pulley vs RRM pulley

Anyone own own of these OBX pulleys? I havent really heard of them,but i was just wondering if i should go with the RRM or the OBX, RRM claims theres to be .5lbs while OBX says theres is just a little over 1 lb. but the main factor determining my choice would be the price. OBX would be 65$ while the RRM would be 150$ . So could anyone offer a little input on this?

OBX: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/OBX-0...ht_2750wt_1167

RRM: http://www.roadracemotorsports.com/s...roducts_id=337
Old Oct 1, 2010, 06:14 PM
Evolved Member

i would only go with the OBX one if it has a steel sleeve around the hub, like the RRM one. that was a big problem with RRMs V1 pulley, the aluminum wore away over time and caused oil to leak. the RRM v2 pulley has a steel sleeve around the pulley hub so it doesnt wear away.
Old Oct 1, 2010, 06:27 PM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
^ i agree. i've even heard people having problems with the V2 Pulley. id go for the OBX

plus look at the price difference lol,
Old Oct 1, 2010, 08:23 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Evo10HKS
^ i agree. i've even heard people having problems with the V2 Pulley. id go for the OBX

plus look at the price difference lol,
well the OBX doesnt look like it has the steel sleeve. idk, id try to find more info on it or wait until someone else gets it!
Old Oct 1, 2010, 08:56 PM

yea but see, i could even buy 2 OBX pulleys and change them out and still be saving more money than buying a RRM v2, but idk hopefully someone gets the pulley so they can give some input on this haha
Old Oct 2, 2010, 02:05 AM
Evolved Member

Seems to be full aluminium
Old Oct 2, 2010, 09:58 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by M@verik
Seems to be full aluminium
yeah i think so too. i wouldnt do it. id go RRM for now just for the sleeve. there was also a company in puerto rico that was making pulleys for a little, then they switched project cars, and i think maybe stopped making pulleys for our car. im not sure, talk to one of the guys from PR on here lol
Old Oct 2, 2010, 11:00 AM

I had a word with a tunner over hear in uk he saw some off the first obx products when they first come out I ask him about them as on some parts they were offering I long warenty he told me to keep away as the parts were made cheaply and that's why they could offer a long warenty because they were made at a cost off next to nothing I would like to no if there parts have got better
Old Oct 2, 2010, 12:12 PM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by evo67
I had a word with a tunner over hear in uk he saw some off the first obx products when they first come out I ask him about them as on some parts they were offering I long warenty he told me to keep away as the parts were made cheaply and that's why they could offer a long warenty because they were made at a cost off next to nothing I would like to no if there parts have got better

well its the same thing with RRM, they just feel that they are the only company supporting the lancer so the cheaply made parts they do make (RRM V1 Intake for example) they could make that and charge 200+ for something that costs them 30 bucks to make. if you look at the quality and everything on their site its ridiculously overpriced and cheaply made

so either way in some instances like this your screwed either way

Last edited by Evo10HKS; Oct 2, 2010 at 12:15 PM.
Old Oct 2, 2010, 09:01 PM

Or theres the one from rpw. Its balanced unlike the other ones so you don't have to worry about possibly messing up your bearings in the long run. I'd rather pay the extra money for that peace of mind. We had a group buy going on on 9glancers.com but it ends today.

http://www.rpw.com.au/shop/index.php...vmcchk=1&Itemi
Old Oct 2, 2010, 10:28 PM

Originally Posted by notanevox
Or theres the one from rpw. Its balanced unlike the other ones so you don't have to worry about possibly messing up your bearings in the long run. I'd rather pay the extra money for that peace of mind. We had a group buy going on on 9glancers.com but it ends today.

http://www.rpw.com.au/shop/index.php...vmcchk=1&Itemi
now that pulley looks like its quality made, i would expect to pay more for something like that, but $160 is kinda steep =/
Old Oct 3, 2010, 11:09 AM

Well myself and 27 other people are in the group buy. I'll post feedback when we get them.
Old Oct 3, 2010, 04:55 PM

Originally Posted by notanevox
Well myself and 27 other people are in the group buy. I'll post feedback when we get them.
good stuff, how long till u get them?
Old Oct 3, 2010, 06:37 PM

Originally Posted by FOWLxMOUTH
good stuff, how long till u get them?
Not sure yet they just sent the info to rpw this evening. I'm guessing it will be at least a week or two? They'll be coming from Australia.
Old Oct 5, 2010, 07:24 PM
Evolving Member

RRM is unbalanced and long time use will eventually cause damage...

Quick Reply: OBX pulley vs RRM pulley