Notices
Lancer Engine Tech Discuss specs/changes to the engine from cams to fully balanced and blueprinted engines!

Engine Upgrades

Search this Thread

Old May 15, 2013, 12:33 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I know the CF hood might seem like a stretch, but im hoping that the vented hood combined with the over-sized tranny cooler and CAI will help keep the engine running cooler, i've had over-heating issues in the past and want to avoid that at all costs, especially since i plan on joining the local SCCA auto cross group soon.
Old May 17, 2013, 10:29 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I think the CF hood is fine, and since you have mentioned the tranny cooler it made me think of a wquestion ive been meaning to ask that mebbe someone know the answer to. Since I DD mine and it gets extremely cold here in the winter, would the tranny cooler be a negative thing in such temperatures? I'm certain I read somewhere that if cold enough the car won't allow you to engage the transmisson until it warms up (though ive never experienced it). This could be false, it is a vague memory, but given that it is a belt that stretches it makes some sense to me. Anyone who could shed light on this would be appriciated greatly.