Notices
Lancer Engine Tech Discuss specs/changes to the engine from cams to fully balanced and blueprinted engines!

ECU Reflash for all Base Lancers

Search this Thread

Old Jun 27, 2014, 07:03 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
ECU Reflash for all Base Lancers

Hey guys/gals!

I have been tuning 2.0-2.4 Base Lancers 08+present here in Ottawa and Toronto for a while now. We are using ECUFLASH and Tactrix Cable 2.0. Both NA and Boosted ROMS are available.

PM me for details.
The following users liked this post:
Minho731 (Oct 19, 2023)
Old Jul 3, 2014, 04:44 AM
Evolved Member

How the new flash is going for the Eclipse community:

EosRebel:

So I just wanted to jump in on this since those quotes are my own. The entire process has been as painless as possible and communication has been incredible. From answering emails at all times of the day to actual phone calls to check in and see how things are going, there was never a point where I was worried things were going to go horribly wrong.

Timelines were established from the get go and were met on schedule if not before what I had anticipated. Total tune time from receiving the definition to flashing final ROM was nine days, included 12 different versions to really make sure things were dialed in. And those changes are incredibly noticeable.

The last rom that combined the best of two is what I decided to be the final version really is the best of what I had tested and is exactly what I had hoped for at the beginning of this process. My car now is really a Jekyl and Hyde in that low load is still civil and MPG has gone way up but when I lay on the throttle it screams and really moves. Having 3rd gear now be an actually useful gear is something I haven't gotten used to yet and brings a smile to my face when it holds on to it instead of short shifting into 4th.

MPG gains were certainly expected, but not at the levels I'm seeing. On the stock ROM I would see 250-275 miles per tank if I did mixed driving, and maybe be lucky to break 315 if I did all highway. Now my worst tank has been 325 with primarily city driving, and am getting 350ish mixed and over 400 on all highway.

Could the tune be tweaked even further? Most likely, but the gains are probably going to be so small I will never notice and would most likely fall under standard margin of error. I'm going to be scheduling some dyno time before I go down to MOD to quantify exact HP gains as I'm really curious to see where I stand now.

EDIT: I also wanted to go over the fact that I rented the MMCFLASH from Brent as well. I sent him the deposit for it when I paid for the tune, and when I was done I was given the address of the next person in line for it. I shipped it, sent the tracking number to Brent and when the MMCFLASH arrived at the next destination my deposit for the MMCFLASH was refunded. This was just another situation where communication was very open and clear, and never did I once feel the need to be concerned.

If any of you are thinking about going this route and have any questions shoot me a PM, I'm more than happy to share my side of things.

RobZ

OK yall, there is no vid so don't ask

I'm working with Brent tuning my GT.

So far we have been tuning the fuel maps to improve my AFR. Well we installed a tune to stert working on giving the car some kick. So I take it on a short drive, just to see how it responds.

I'm setting at a light not paying attention and suddanly my car shakes and this thunder roars through us. In my mirror I see a Pontiac Firebird. Don't know the year, but it looked like my Son's 98 camaro. Anyway it is just ratteling my car. My Sun says go for it Dad. ME I say no way he will eat me alive.

Jump ahead, we are side by side. I'm in 3rd at 40 and I hear him roar. Well I put my foot down and after 2.5 blocks we are still door handle to door handle. We let off and as I slide in behind him for traffic he gives me a thumbs up.

I really expected him to walk away. From the sound of his car it was BUILT.

So THANK YOU Brent So far I'm impressed

Tsen:

I feel like I should chime in here too. I hope this isn't too long of a read for you guys.

In the past I've used the Bratt box (improved performance/mpg a bit but not enough to justify the price), and the AEM FIC (wasn't skilled enough to get everything to have a stock feel to it) before the ecuflash software came along. Then Brent and the tactrix guys came along with interest in making it it compatible with our 4G platform. Been talking to Brent way early on about all the tuning stuff and my experience has been consistently great.

Been taking it slow, adding one component at a time since many of em really make me nervous and believe me, there are alot of components involved in my build. Even though I know what I'm doing (I think[I hope]), its still a bit nerve racking do deal with things so intertwined with the system that one tiny mistake somewhere will put the car in limp mode. But Merlin's definition file really puts the ecuflash software to the next generation for us. Idle control, access to all fuel and timing maps, injector scaling etc., they're all there and available for me to play with! Its such an incredible step up from my old definition!

Because I had a ton of non-oem parts installed, the car used to hiccup or stutter once in awhile and the definition file I had before just didn't access enough for me to fix all of them. All hardware was double triple quadruple checked in hopes that it was a personal error but some things can only be changed with tuning. Merlin's file really let me just get in there, change some values slightly, then come back out with excellent results. My GS feels nowhere as sluggish as before. I'm getting 420+MPG (125 on a quarter tank last time I checked) on regular commutes with passing power to safely avoid that pesky old man in the inside fwy lane. Best of all, the car feels like how a stock car should.

As for Brent, I think the latest email I sent to him dates back to more than a year ago. I'll admit I'm not the easiest customer to deal with. I try to do my research before I bother vendors but there are many that I still need answered. Also, I wanted software to give me the freedom to access everything and tweak it if need be. Brent has answered all my questions promptly and given great info for many of my questions. He is great to do business with on a professional level and now I even consider him a friend for all the help he's given me.

Anyways, that is the long way of saying that this stuff is great. So far, I have nothing but positive things to say about my experience in tuning.

Its looking very good! Reason For posting the Eclipse is this: The tuning strategy is similar fromt eh the 4b11/12 and the 09+Eclipse.
Old Jul 5, 2014, 05:10 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey

Originally Posted by OttRalliart05
Hey guys/gals!

I have been tuning 2.0-2.4 Base Lancers 08+present here in Ottawa and Toronto for a while now. We are using ECUFLASH and Tactrix Cable 2.0. Both NA and Boosted ROMS are available.

PM me for details.
Hi i got a 2009 lancer gts i love it first time getting one i had it for almost 1 year now. When i got it it already had a DC sport intake in it sounds good. I was wondering if u still do ecureflash and how much would it cost? Im from Moncton New Brunswick. Im not sure how it works do i have to buy a upgrade computer or just a chip and u install it or? If u could tell me some more would be great thanx
Old Jul 5, 2014, 01:28 PM

OttRalliart05;11243493

Originally Posted by OttRalliart05;1124349OttRalliart05
Hey guys/gals!

PM me for details.
Hey i wrote u a question on the forum bot sure if i done it right but if u could answer me asap would be nice thanx OttRalliart05;11243493
Old Jul 6, 2014, 06:00 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Lancergts33
Hey i wrote u a question on the forum bot sure if i done it right but if u could answer me asap would be nice thanx OttRalliart05;11243493
Sorry did not see your post, PM sent
Old Jul 29, 2014, 04:07 AM
Evolved Member

My cost for doing the flash came down so I can pass that along. The base tune and XML Definition was $350usd now $275usd. If interested PM me or shoot me an email xXxclusivemotorsportsxXx@gmail.com
Old Mar 14, 2022, 02:49 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hey guys/gals!

PM me for details.
i have tactrix and ecu flash. Ive looking to see how i can reflash my 2008 lancer using my tactrix. Can you help me out?
Old Mar 30, 2022, 11:06 AM

do u have some photos of it ?

Last edited by joelle king; Mar 30, 2022 at 03:35 PM.
Old Mar 30, 2022, 08:10 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by joelle king
do u have some photos of it?

192.168.100.1 192.168.1.1
Photos of? i need roms and Xml files for lancer 2008
basemodel non turbo and lancer ralliart 2004-2006.
Old Oct 19, 2023, 07:36 PM

Soft Limiter & Rev Limiter Adjusting

Hey guys/gals!

PM me for details.
Hey there I've got a 2017 Lancer ES here on Vancouver Island, and I was wondering if you know its possible to add 2 step on it since I have a Soft Limiter at 6000 RPM.. I was hoping to adjust that to 6600 or even 7000rpm for idle or better a 2 step. I just need to get an expensive *** TACTRIX to connect to ecuflash but is there any pre cautions I need to know first like how saving the current ROM if you could help me out that would be great! Please and Thanks 😊
Email - eric.egot11@gmail.com