Notices
Lancer Engine Tech Discuss specs/changes to the engine from cams to fully balanced and blueprinted engines!

Swapping a 2.4 into a 2011 ES

Search this Thread

Old Feb 21, 2017, 08:31 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Swapping a 2.4 into a 2011 ES

Hey guys! So I bent a rod, and need a new engine. I can easily get a low miles 4b11 and put that in, but I was thinking about getting a 4b12. Does anyone know what I would I need to do for that? I'm guessing it won't be bolt on. Thanks!
Old Feb 22, 2017, 12:27 PM
Evolved Member

Received 33 Likes on 32 Posts
Nothing from the 4B1 wiki sounds like it would be hard to swap them. To me sounds like you just need a tune is all:
The cylinder head intake and exhaust ports and intake and exhaust manifolds are shape optimized for better volumetric efficiency. Mitsubishi lowered the friction of the engine by including elastic grinding of the valve stems, adopting a high-efficiency shroud equipped plastic impeller in the water pump and using 0W-20 low-viscosity oil. Mitsubishi increased the combustion efficiency by optimizing the design of the cylinder head intake and exhaust ports, by incorporating the MIVEC system on both intake and exhaust valves and by using injectors that give an ultra micro droplet fuel spray. To lower the engine's weight, Mitsubishi used die-cast aluminium for the cylinder block, plastic for the cylinder head cover and intake manifold, and stainless steel for the exhaust manifold. The engine features a compact balancer shaft module with an integrated oil pump. A silent chain is used to drive the camshafts. The compact balancer module, the silent chain, the stable combustion yielded by the intake and exhaust MIVEC system, and high rigidity designs for the cylinder head and cylinder block realize low vibration and noise.[1]