Notices
Lancer General Come on in and discuss the US Lancer.

Jet Chips

Search this Thread

Old Apr 23, 2003, 04:20 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Jet Chips

I guess these are available now....just have to send in your ECU after you are done with ALL your mods (engine wise). Here is the e-mail I got back from them.
"We do have an ecu upgrade available for your application. The ecu upgrade does require that the factory ecu be sent to us for modification. You must purchase the upgrade package before sending the ecu to us for
The modification. Suggested retail is $399.00, and the part number is 65002. The ecu upgrades are all done per the application, in other words, do all the modifications you intend on doing before you get the ecu upgraded. That way the program can be set up for the specific modifications. Hp gains would be dependant on the extent of modifications.
1 day turn around once we receive your ecu."
You can get this done for $300 from one of their vendors (it doesn't actually cost 4 bills) Thanks to OZrallyguy for the info.
Old Apr 23, 2003, 04:48 PM
Evolving Member

It's not worth the $ bro, I've talked to a guy who had it done and he said there wasn't much noticable h/p gains.
Old Apr 23, 2003, 05:25 PM
Evolved Member

i noticed hella hp gains with cold air intake, throttle body, straight pipe and magnaflow exhaust. i can definately feel it from the second i touch the gas to wide open throttle and all rpms. i highly recommend it and tell your friend i said hes nuts or just has no mods to help. your car does need to breathe better for this chip to work to its full potential. i think it still adds 15+ whp without mods. im probably seeing 19-22 whp. i can tell too!!! i once talked to a guy that said his supercharger gave him 200 hp on a four cylinder that later told me he met saddam hussien. point: dont believe everything you hear....

Last edited by DRC Imports; Apr 23, 2003 at 05:27 PM.
Old Apr 23, 2003, 05:28 PM

i am just gonna do intake, test pipe, exhaust is 3 bills worth it for just those mods...any dynos...
Old Apr 23, 2003, 05:38 PM
Evolved Member

this chip would give you quite a bit more power than those mods..... at least i believe. you can tell them to be very aggressive. they wont unless you ask. i didnt ask because imma do an intercooled turbo so ill actually have to retard the timing back after 6 psi
Old Apr 23, 2003, 05:45 PM
Evolved Member

go with I5auto. that email link i gave you uranium. hey and also uranium i still havent figured out the best way to re size pics. when i get better pics of my body kit and under hood can you help me again?
Old Apr 23, 2003, 06:04 PM
Evolving Member

The guy I spoke to also put a turbo in his Lancer, he blew his motor because of the JET upgrade.It's not compatible with a turbo, so be careful.
Old Apr 23, 2003, 06:05 PM
Evolved Member

it is compatible. it is set to accept up to 6 psi boost. anything more you need to retard your timing manually....
Old Apr 23, 2003, 11:36 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I run 7psi all day and sometimes use 9psi in race. All on stock ecu. Maybe it retards the timing as you say but from what i know of the system it does not retard it like you normally would on turbo setup. Usually after 6psi + you are retarding 10 degrees or more, depending on boost levels. Maybe jet has figured out a way to use differential pressure sensor in mapping turbo settup. I think i'll leave that item on the shelf for now. Trust standalone before place that programs chip while car is here with me.
Old Apr 23, 2003, 11:56 PM
Evolved Member

im very happy. ill probably have it detuned when i get my turbo. it is , like i said, the best $300 ive ever spent !! if you dont have a turbocharger this is a great idea and most bang for your buck. i know i wont have a turbo for a while so ill get alot of use out of it.
Old Apr 24, 2003, 06:36 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Yeah turbo is a different animal... On the same note as ozralley... i've heard of great gains with n/a motors. Ive seen them on hondas and their dyno showed 20-25hp/15-18tq gains. Not bad at all for those gains as i payed 350 for a header to get about 5-10hp. Same for TB at 280 got about 5hp. After reading this i talked to jet about getting a chip for turbo and they said no. They would not do one due to turbo applications have a fine window to operate in. They recommended full stand alone or piggy back system instead. Who are you in contact with OZ. Maybe you can get him to confirm this as i'm curious. Remember i run 6-7psi all day then go to 9psi for hard race thanks to dual stage controller. Let me know or pm me an email with a reference. Thanks.
Old Apr 24, 2003, 07:31 PM
Evolved Member

you dont want this chip if you run above 6 psi. the chip advances the timing too much and you will get pre detonation problems. you would have to buy a timing retardant kit to back up the timing or you will ruin your engine.......