Notices
Lancer General Come on in and discuss the US Lancer.

Automatic car wash owned my stockers...

Search this Thread

Old Jan 11, 2011, 07:51 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Automatic car wash owned my stockers...

Well I got lazy and took my car to super sonic car wash cause my car was rittled with salt. I figured what the hell $12, sure. Well I wasnt expecting to find this when I went to put tire shine on when I got home:

I ve never pararel parked or got close to curbs while I was driving. I know it wasnt there before hand and I felt a weird jerk motion while in the middle of the car wash...yes I went through automatic....never will happen again. I basically screamed at the manager and he kept saying with 100% certinanity my car wash cannot damage peoples wheels. Once I mentioned lawyer, they sure wised up. Their reviewing the video to see if their liaible, I m stopping by there at 3pm to show them past damages from automatic car washes and what they ve done to wheels. I think the wheel wasnt straight going in.
Old Jan 11, 2011, 12:11 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Lancer XI1
Well I got lazy and took my car to super sonic car wash cause my car was rittled with salt. I figured what the hell $12, sure. Well I wasnt expecting to find this when I went to put tire shine on when I got home:

I ve never pararel parked or got close to curbs while I was driving. I know it wasnt there before hand and I felt a weird jerk motion while in the middle of the car wash...yes I went through automatic....never will happen again. I basically screamed at the manager and he kept saying with 100% certinanity my car wash cannot damage peoples wheels. Once I mentioned lawyer, they sure wised up. Their reviewing the video to see if their liaible, I m stopping by there at 3pm to show them past damages from automatic car washes and what they ve done to wheels. I think the wheel wasnt straight going in.
Did you drive the car into the carwash or did their person do it?
Old Jan 11, 2011, 12:17 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
just be happy that's all that got messed up. Dont take your car to those automatic car wash places. there a numerous horror stories all over this site regarding them. I am the laziest person in the whole world and I even manage to always wash my car by hand.
Old Jan 11, 2011, 12:23 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by escodotcarter
just be happy that's all that got messed up. Dont take your car to those automatic car wash places. there a numerous horror stories all over this site regarding them. I am the laziest person in the whole world and I even manage to always wash my car by hand.

Thats true....maybe I ll get some money towards some xxr wheels Unfortanely right now I dont have access to a hose or I would have washed my car by hand
Old Jan 11, 2011, 12:29 PM
Evolved Member

I live in NY and I got to those self-service car wash bays where they have the high-pressure hoses. I got about once a week to get all the damn salt off the car. google search in your area for some.
Old Jan 11, 2011, 12:36 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by escodotcarter
I live in NY and I got to those self-service car wash bays where they have the high-pressure hoses. I got about once a week to get all the damn salt off the car. google search in your area for some.

That doesnt chip the paint or take vinyals off?
Old Jan 11, 2011, 12:49 PM
Evolved Member

they have high pressure and low pressure settings......i wouldnt suggest putting the high-pressure nozzle an inch away from you car because that will peel the paint off if you have chips/cracks. if you keep it about a foot or so away its no problem and the good this is that your the person spraying your car!!! so you know where your chips/vinyl is and just be gentle around that area. I bring my own soft brushes and microfiber towels to clean and dry the car so i know its not getting scratched. best 5.50 i spend each week.
Old Jan 11, 2011, 12:51 PM

this is why i always just wash i lol
Old Jan 11, 2011, 01:30 PM
Evolving Member

i only go to the ones when you roll straight through, my car is lowered on tiens, and trust me NEVER go through the ones where you have to drive up on the incline and your front wheel locks in the little part. i went up on one of those once and almost lost my sideskirt coming down, thank god i didnt pull in more to the left.
Old Jan 11, 2011, 04:15 PM
Evolving Member

Well I feel bad....for once its not the car wash. I checked the fotage which means that the dealership hit it unloading and tried to cover it up and the car wash took off their cover.
Old Feb 7, 2011, 06:20 PM

Damn, that sucks. They should fix that for free. Dealers.
Old Feb 15, 2011, 10:02 AM

Car washes are pretty much mandatory in MN. There's just no other way to wash it when its below freezing for a month at a time.

But I've noticed that the guide bar for the car washes come above the tire. Whats worse is the oem tires have a tiny bit of stretch to them rather then being beefy like most cars, so that guide bar is free to nom nom nom the rim all the way down the line.
Old Feb 21, 2011, 08:05 AM
Evolving Member

Took my X to an auto carwash this weekend ( had taken it to this one before with no issues) scratched the HELL out of my damn roof lol. Never again
Old Feb 21, 2011, 01:04 PM
Evolved Member

I used to manage two different car washes. Trust me theres many things that happen that the cameras are not good enough to catch and alot of managers will blatantly lie to your face. Ive watched rims get torn up just like yours with my own eyes and the management at that time denied every bit of it though i told the dude i just watched it. its all shady at car washes.
Old Feb 22, 2011, 09:44 AM
Hail to the Beard

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts
I guess I have been lucky (knocks on wood), because I have never had any problems with an auto wash.

Quick Reply: Automatic car wash owned my stockers...