Notices
Lancer General Come on in and discuss the US Lancer.

Buying Online Parts - especially Lancer shop

Search this Thread

Old Jun 11, 2012, 05:57 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Buying Online Parts - especially Lancer shop

Hi
im located in Toronto, i havent really ordered anything online before, I am interested in picking up a part from lancershop.com
i think the HQ is located in;
1337 Rickett Road
Brighton, MI 48116
though im not sure where the part would actually come from, im curious to find out any thoughts on the process.. the ordering .. the price.. all and more..

If anyone has a good story they would like to share, or are interested in providing tips/hints/warnings and more i would really appreciate it.

Ps i would like non-biased opinions so if your cuzin happens to be good friends with the co founders brother.. feel free to skim right past.

Thanks tho to all who participate in helping me get my parts (maybe) cuz i dnt wanna pay more for the same thing locally. (even including the shipping charge) oddly enough. Hence my skepticism

CHEERS
Old Jun 12, 2012, 03:03 PM
Evolved Member

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
there is a lot of complaints over the lancer forums about lancershop.com but i personally haven't bought anything from them
Old Jun 12, 2012, 03:06 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
consistently the highest price around in my experience.
Old Jun 12, 2012, 03:36 PM
Evolving Member

I got a item from there they shipped it quick but prices are high
Old Jun 13, 2012, 02:12 PM

Thanks for responding guys.

Has anyone from Toronto ordered anything from lancershop.com and willing to advise??

I dnt mind the pricing for the specific item i want but i wont disagree that most items are pricey, wudnt mind it being at least 10% cheaper .

i mean i dont want to order somthing and get fu*** over ya kno?

TNX
Old Jun 13, 2012, 02:26 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by RAbo
Hi
im located in Toronto, i havent really ordered anything online before, I am interested in picking up a part from lancershop.com
1337 Rickett Road
Brighton, MI 48116
though im not sure where the part would actually come from, im curious to find out any thoughts on the process.. the ordering .. the price.. all and more..

If anyone has a good story they would like to share, or are interested in providing tips/hints/warnings and more i would really appreciate it.

Ps i would like non-biased opinions so if your cuzin happens to be good friends with the co founders brother.. feel free to skim right past.

Thanks tho to all who participate in helping me get my parts (maybe) cuz i dnt wanna pay more for the same thing locally. (even including the shipping charge) oddly enough. Hence my skepticism

CHEERS

You cannot pick up parts from them

Thanks for responding guys.

Has anyone from Toronto ordered anything from lancershop.com and willing to advise??

I dnt mind the pricing for the specific item i want but i wont disagree that most items are pricey, wudnt mind it being at least 10% cheaper .

i mean i dont want to order somthing and get fu*** over ya kno?

TNX
Toronto resident here
I have ordered from them numerous times and have finally had enough, multiple errors that have cost me in the end because they do not want to do anything. Their prices are competitive... But expect a email asking for more shipping money as the online bs is never right.. sigh. I believe they are just an office that ships parts out from different companies as all my packages recieved have all been from differnet places in the states, none of which have the above address. When ordering, make sure to note to ship via usps only... the charges you will get from ups is retarded, plus since everything you order comes from a different place, you WILL get charged ups brokerage fees on every parcell... not to mention on full bill amount, as they always ship every box out with the compelte bill even though only one part is in the box.. Our customs is BS as they will charge you duty on that full amount If you order multiple of any item, I can assure you, you will only get a quanity of 1 and will have to call in to their very bad customer service that couldnt care **** about you... In all honesty, they are great as a one stop shop online, but as I have learnt its much better to buy right from the source
Old Jun 13, 2012, 02:33 PM
Evolved Member

Canada is ****ING retarded!!! All dealers sell **** for a ton load more than in the US and then go and say... well buy it online and add shipping... **** you bs Canadian performance shops and parts stores
Canada has made it nearly impossible to want to modify a vehicle here just due to the insane prices it take to do so.. not to mention duty and taxes when getting parts over that boarder..

Just got my hallman boost controller form the states..
Cost 89$
shipping 22$
Duty and taxes... 33$
So my boost controller ran me 144$... so FAIL

WTF CANADA!!!

Sorry for the partial vent... but its an impossible situation here in CanT..ada
Old Jun 13, 2012, 03:33 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by foxbear2277
Canada is ****ING retarded!!! All dealers sell **** for a ton load more than in the US and then go and say... well buy it online and add shipping... **** you bs Canadian performance shops and parts stores
Canada has made it nearly impossible to want to modify a vehicle here just due to the insane prices it take to do so.. not to mention duty and taxes when getting parts over that boarder..

Just got my hallman boost controller form the states..
Cost 89$
shipping 22$
Duty and taxes... 33$
So my boost controller ran me 144$... so FAIL

WTF CANADA!!!

Sorry for the partial vent... but its an impossible situation here in CanT..ada

well, at least y'all aint bankrupt.
Old Jun 13, 2012, 07:14 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by wjamyers
well, at least y'all aint bankrupt.
lmao
Old Sep 16, 2012, 07:26 AM
Rix

tdotperformance.com Toronto store, anyone purchased from them ?
Old Oct 6, 2012, 02:35 AM

lancershop.com is very reliable, and very fast shipping. I've ordered thousands of dollars in parts from them. But they KILL you in shipping
Old Oct 6, 2012, 03:16 AM
Evolving Member

Ordered an OEM throwout bearing from them. Paid for and discussed having them shipped express mail to japan. They sent it priority. They failed to resolve I gave up I was so irritated. Will never buy from again.
Old Oct 12, 2012, 07:18 PM
Evolving Member

Hi
1337 Rickett Road
Brighton, MI 48116

CHEERS

When I first bought my Evo I bought from Lancershop and Evomoto which are both the same company. I think. I never really had much issues with them but the one thing I dont like is their technical info if you call and ask about an item. The people that pick up the phone are not very familiar with evos in my experience.

That being said If I were you I would buy from Maperformance. They are located out of Minnesota so they are at least at your border. So that might help shipping. But what will really help you is if you call them and tell them your scenario I would almost guarantee you they will help you out at much as possible. Plus they all know there stuff with Evos. They are super nice and pricing is great.
I really would have a hard time believing they wouldn't be cheaper than lancershop.com
I have since givin up on all other shops and just go to Maperformance.
If you do the same you will NOT be disappointed.
Hope this helps.

This is the first Ive heard about Canada making it hard to order parts that sux hard man.

Good luck with your search
Old Oct 15, 2012, 07:40 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Thanks for the kind words We ship to Canada multiple times per day, are familiar with NAFTA, and would love to help you out!
Old Nov 6, 2012, 04:45 PM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
I live in Windsor,Ontario,Canada. I order tons of parts from the states with no problems. You just need to find the right vendors to help you out.
I order from STM Tune (most of my parts are from these guys ( http://www.streettunedmotorsports.com/index.htm) All of my OEM and After market parts. They are a GREAT GROUP OF GUYS. Talk to brain or Justin and they will help you with the orders. They Help me alot when it come to duty and other Fees that Canada charges. Other Good vendor that i bought of that help me out with duty and fees, Arsha at vividracing, Nike at Buschur Racing. These vendors i use and very happy with. Great guys and very helpful.

Quick Reply: Buying Online Parts - especially Lancer shop