Notices
Lancer General Come on in and discuss the US Lancer.

What did you do to your Lancer today

Search this Thread

Old Jan 11, 2017, 08:01 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dusted off the engine cover since the car is so new that dust is visible...

Last edited by Earl Needham; Apr 8, 2017 at 02:24 PM.
Old Jan 24, 2017, 08:04 PM

Received 29 Likes on 29 Posts
While waiting for my new radiator to come in, for cause of a transmission line leak, I finally got the pieces together to fab up a ram air intake yesterday and covered it on YouTube, then testfitted it today. So far, so good.

Just have to get a bracket fabbed up so it's not flopping around while I'm driving, finish cutting the airbox to accept the tunnel/chute, and then grow the kahunas to start cutting the hood for the final product.
Old Feb 12, 2017, 07:41 PM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
installed my backup rear bumper ( ED version of the jdm evo9 ) on my car again, so that I can repair the accolade jdm evo9 rear now that I have more time on my hands... I maybe, hopefully driving up to roadrace on Wednesday to get the carbontrix evo7 front for my car to replace the accolade evo7 front bumper that was destroyed last june. I tried to repair that one but too much damage...
Old Feb 14, 2017, 11:52 PM
Evolved Member

[ 56 Warning ] JDM EVO9 Rear Bumper

Unlike the evo7 front that is in far worse shape and beyond repair (waiting on rrm to see if their front can be split from the kit ), this one ( rear )is worth my time to save. Nothing wrong with the ED version i have, the accolade version fits better and is closer match tp the real one for evo9...

the plan is to re-fiberglass the areas marked in red in several layers with mesh reinforced from the rear. bondo the top, sand it out then repaint...

plain is to have this fixed my mod17 and looking like it was before the accident...

Last edited by OZR_Lancer; Feb 15, 2017 at 05:21 PM.
Old Feb 21, 2017, 07:05 AM

I installed a HPS Short Ram Intake on my 2011 Mitsubishi Lancer GTS. My Lancer is blue, so the intake piping is blue. Almost a perfect match. To add, the intake has a great tone. At around 2000 rpm and up, my Lancer now has a nice growl! I didn't think the intake would create much differences in sound quality, but I was wrong!
Old Mar 30, 2017, 11:32 AM
Evolved Member

So while I was waiting for primer to dry on rear bumper, I started to repair this dent that the stupid old man indirectly hit my car. I used a hammer to bang it back into shape. sanded with 60/80grit, shot some etchin primer then filled in with gold bondo once dried. once it dried, I used more of grey primer as a guide to see where I need to fill in. its almost straight, I need to work on filling in the dent on door next

Old Apr 1, 2017, 08:35 PM
Evolved Member

and my ghetto stiching...the old repair work you see I wasn't thinking when I did it as I was still in that shock sense at the
time and it was pretty bad in that part, will see how it turns out..
I'm giving this one last shot before i go plan b.....

edit 4/2/17 time for plan b lol

Last edited by OZR_Lancer; Apr 2, 2017 at 12:11 PM.
Old Apr 3, 2017, 02:26 PM
Evolved Member

this has be come most pain in the *** decision to deal with, and sourcing a replacement front bumper ( that got damaged ) to match my hood is non existant. rrm is a dead end, going back to stock is not a option..... any ideas lol
Old Apr 8, 2017, 02:05 PM
Evolved Member

found a replacement evo7 bumper to match my hood. i just hope it lines up with accolade hood.... i started to dryfit the accolade sideskirts i had in storage for years, this will help hide damage to the passengerside door. bought them from murphdurph when he was still in san diego...

Old Apr 16, 2017, 04:01 PM
Evolved Member

patched up switch cheese holes on my cars rear end that was held up with zip ties temp.. no need ties anymore since I made new brackets. been 3 days going to and from work, holds up nicely...

hope this week I can pickup my new evo7 bumper ....
Old Apr 22, 2017, 04:46 PM
Evolved Member

ahh yeaaah, finally got new headlights delivered today, gotta love 2 day shipping ground from la

now to re-wire , swap the turns and parking lights on these before I install them in the car but
that wont happen until I get new bumper installed and whole car painted, no way these will
be on car when its in the shop, along with new tail lights
Old Apr 23, 2017, 01:20 AM

Originally Posted by OZR_Lancer
ahh yeaaah, finally got new headlights delivered today, gotta love 2 day shipping ground from la

now to re-wire , swap the turns and parking lights on these before I install them in the car but
that wont happen until I get new bumper installed and whole car painted, no way these will
be on car when its in the shop, along with new tail lights
Those are some really good looking lights. What's the full info on them?
Old Apr 23, 2017, 10:27 PM
Evolved Member

thy are made by depo, dot compliant and made for 2002-2003 lancers only... my other ones like this got damaged in a accident last year, lows don't work, I have been using hi-beams to drive at night, witch sucks even tho both are aimed down to normal levels so it doesn't shine into another cars rear window..

and my passenger side light is cracked in 3 spots badly and duc-taped together lol
Old Apr 23, 2017, 10:29 PM

Tnx
Old May 11, 2017, 08:05 PM
Evolved Member

drove to fullerton to get a new front bumper from ED....

Quick Reply: What did you do to your Lancer today