Notices
Lancer General Come on in and discuss the US Lancer.

Lancer (duh) 05 ES questions from a newbie

Search this Thread

Old May 21, 2014, 01:48 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lancer (duh) 05 ES questions from a newbie

Hi all,

I joined this forum long ago but never actually posted. I was just browsing CAI's discussions on automatic transmissions (way too many ), turbo, a project here and there trying to compare the 2L engine with a honda civic and how only a turbo makes any difference, etc.

This time I'm back but for some feedback on a few questions (nope, never did anything to the car performance wise but i think i'll start doing this since i want to start playing the mechanic with this car..once i get a house with a garage!)

So, i managed to change the "outer tie rod".. end, whatever the name you guys have heard of that little hook that goes closer to the tire. After that i believe myself a mechanic

Question 1.
I got the part from CAP (Moog part and i should have bought it online ), do you know if these parts come pre-greased? I saw grease through the little hole it has to "re-service it" and where you plug something in it as means to either cover it or for a greaser to plug into it. So anybody know if I should apply grease to it out of the box?

Question 2.
I need to change the CV Axle, and this time i'll get the part online (still trying to search for a good quality brand.. so i guess is a bonus question if you know which one to go for). The actual question is: does anybody knows if there is sort of a "bracket" that holds the axle to the transmission? The reason i ask is that the guy who's going to change it (i dont have tools but i'll pay close attention to this) told me it would be more expensive if there is a bracket in place as it makes it harder to remove it.

Question 3.
Car has +130,000 Kms (~81k miles) on it.. should I go for its first time belt change?

Question 4.
Anybody knows where to find the little door for the gas tank? The little metal sort of spring came loose and now i cannot pop it open from within the cabin.. i need to open the trunk, then pull on the string and push the gas door with my hand to open it. Or even ideas on hwo to "glue" it back.

Thanks all.

Last edited by egas; May 21, 2014 at 01:52 PM. Reason: forgot one last question
Old May 28, 2014, 03:31 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
OK...

how about this simple one: anybody knows a good site where to get these type of questions?

I tried google, and no luck thus far.