Notices
Lancer General Come on in and discuss the US Lancer.

Question about interior lighting

Old Jan 31, 2015, 11:11 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question about interior lighting

Well I'm new to this site so hello everybody. I just recently bought a 2015 lancer gt. My post here is about changing my climate control knobs, steering wheels buttons, and traction control button color from red to blue. Why Mitsubishi decided to have the american flag color scheme going on in my car I have no idea lol. But I have a bit of knowledge in the electrical field and I've had a bit of experience with some soldering (not in cars) so I feel comfortable taking on a project like this. I guess my question here is basically is there a tutorial out there that I can watch or read to give me an idea on how to start this. I'd rather have an idea on how to do this instead of just taking things apart and hoping for the best. Obviously I'd like to know what kind of LEDs I'd be needing so I can order them and all of that stuff. Any answers are appreciated besides hate lol.

Later.
Old Feb 4, 2015, 07:50 AM
Evolved Member

I would start off with looking to see if the lights are replaceable and then determine what type of LED you are dealing with from there. I remember seeing a thread around here from another situation similar to this but the result being the LED's used where too bright. Good luck and let me know if you require any help on this.
Old Feb 5, 2015, 09:44 AM

Sorry, no tutorial I've ever seen, but...what you're trying to do is possible but not necessarily that straightforward. The hvac unit and those switches are all basically sealed assemblies with LED's installed inside. You need to remove them from your car, crack them open, find all the LED's and then replace them by soldering new ones in. Not to mention getting correct replacements that line up and look right through the panels.

I've seen all those units and switches removed, so I can help you there...but not with the actual LED's. Good luck.