Notices
Lancer General Come on in and discuss the US Lancer.

been awhile

Old Mar 16, 2015, 04:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
been awhile

So, I haven't posted on here for awhile. Backstory is, traded my 400$ bike for an 02 lancer oz ( so I thought until I looked at the title and seen les=ES) In august Which is setup for boost, but had a blown turbo. So the P.O. took out the tuned ecu and swapped in the stock one. Kept on blowing fuses and couldn't get the car to start. So he just wanted to get rid of it. That's when I took over.

Ive spent hours researching about certain issues that i was running into, Thanks to this site my lancer is now close to being able to drive.

Throughout the months ive switch out the interior since it only came with a front racing seat that wasn't bolted down, nor had runners. It was grey, now its tan. Ordered up lowering springs since the stock fronts are cut (grrrr) and the rears are adjustable. Ordered up a t3/t4 turbo, mounted to some t25 manifold, switched out the ugly green beat up valve cover to the stock looking one. Had to fabricate my own down pipe and o2 bung, ripped out the ac unit in order to run the down pipe. And to clean up the bay a bit. Made a air filter intake tube, still need to run a dumptube from the bov. The car runs and drives in the parking lot, i ts running a Lil rich but that's fine for now until I get it tuned or figure out the tune MAperformance set it to. I do have the safc2 to adjust it a little.

Now I'm at the point where I'm reading up on the o2 sensor since the one I'm using had been cut( stock manifold) and the wires were extended. Yesterday I didn't have it installed and fired it up for the first time(yes I primed the turbo.. Thanks again to this site) and the car was super rich smoke, would take a few cranks to start, idle was nuts, below 800 it would wanna die. So I unhooked the battery over night installed the o2 wires to what I think was right and fired it up today. Idles at 800, there's activity happening on the o2 side, and it stays running. So I think its good.

Also, I'm redoing the exhaust 2.5" turbo back to a fart can( I have one, I might as well use it.) From where the cat was back it is 2.5 they had the curve under the a arm attached by zip ties so it was hanging about 3 inches above ground. I decided to do it right and cut part of the pipe to rotate it and weld it back up. As I got almost all the way through oil started oozing out( previous turbo blew an oil seal). So now before I can weld it up I have to clean the areas.

But yea, I do have pics of the progress, just not on my phone, I'm gonna get the exhaust welded up tonight, and tomorrow I'll be trying to figure out how I can fit the stock fans in front of the radiator as I'm ripping out the ac condensor.

I'll post pics later when I'm on my pc.

Last edited by rukahs; Mar 23, 2015 at 10:55 PM. Reason: added info
Old Mar 16, 2015, 10:06 PM
Evolving Member

cant wait to see some pics
Old Mar 17, 2015, 12:10 PM
Evolving Member

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Sounds like you did a lot of work to get the car running. Great job!
Old Mar 23, 2015, 10:42 PM

SORRY. went up north for a few days, no service, no computer, no nothing. it was fun. I havent got any pics yet. But I got my slim fan in tonight, had the car up to temp, took it for a drive down the block, my "test drive lane" seemed to drive fine. Still need to get the quirks figured out, but i put insurance on it tonight so I can actually test drive it.

So, I promise i will go outside TODAY and get pics of my lancer ls-t ha.
Old Mar 31, 2015, 09:28 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by rukahs
SORRY. went up north for a few days, no service, no computer, no nothing. it was fun. I havent got any pics yet. But I got my slim fan in tonight, had the car up to temp, took it for a drive down the block, my "test drive lane" seemed to drive fine. Still need to get the quirks figured out, but i put insurance on it tonight so I can actually test drive it.

So, I promise i will go outside TODAY and get pics of my lancer ls-t ha.
Yeah..hurry up
Old Apr 1, 2015, 07:10 PM

OK,sorry once again as I finally got a new job and have been busy with that. Anyway, heres a few more pictures of the lancer. I still need to take more pics of the interior and such. I have tomorrow off so I should be able to snap a few. Oh, dont mind the engine pic with the wires, I was tracing the o2 wires.
Attached Thumbnails been awhile-kimg0060-2-.jpg   been awhile-kimg0013-2-.jpg   been awhile-kimg0016.jpg   been awhile-kimg0009-2-.jpg  
Old Apr 2, 2015, 02:27 PM
Evolving Member

Looks like a handful in that engine bay. Will you be changing some intercooler piping?
Old Apr 2, 2015, 03:06 PM
Evolving Member

Nice, exterior looks decent. Engine bay does look like some work though. I'm sure you will get it done eventually. Thanks for the updates and look forward to the future of this car.
Old Jun 3, 2015, 06:37 AM

how are you getting on?
Old Jun 11, 2015, 12:15 PM

Hey guys , work has been hell, somehow got fired yesterday , anyway. The lancer is still rolling , haven't had much time to do much to it. I've put on close to 2000 miles on it since I got it rolling,switched out the blue/white lighting back to the Amber bulbs, got 3k zenon lights in it now. Went to the local u pull and found some goodies I needed, as in a new o2 sensor, new plug wires, a IAC from a galant(surprisingly its different but it works), and grabbed the input/output speed sensors, plus whatever fuses I could. Total price...6 bucks for those.

As for the engine bay, I'm slowly getting it cleaned up. By replacing my chopped up o2 sensor freed up a foot or two of random exposed wires. Also gonna be welding in a tube to the intake so I can run a return hose from the bov.. Have a feeling it's causing some issues just having the bov capped off.

I have found out that the windshield was put in ****ty like, I can push out the bottom corners a little bit. Got to fix that soon, when it rains, there's puddles after on the floor. Also my rear springs have settled down a bit, it doesn't look the way I want so I'll be ordering different ones sometime, in the mean time I might cut em down( oh I know its bad, but hey)

As for my eBay turbo, it sounds like a bumble bee when it spools up, then sounds like a hummingbird on steroids after it starts boosting. Still got to tighten up my exhaust a bit, finally got my flex pipe in so it has some give.

All in all, the lancer is still rolling, the only issue I have is it overheats if I idle for awhile, doesn't help I only have one slim fan in it, but driving and cruising its below the midline . but yea, I got to figure out if I should cut some vents in the hood to let the heat out a bit more or just rip out my ac condensor... Or just get a push fan to put in the front.

All in all, I wish this lancer was a stick shift. My only issue. Although I do like having not to shift all the time.

And yes, in time the engine bay will calm down a bit. I'm still digging my awesome arc welding skills lol.